Ahmed to IR | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahmed to IR

Unless Achane gets to 100%, Miami's going to need to add another back down the stretch. I might steal Fournette from the Bills' practice squad. He's a vet, good catching the ball out of the backfield or in pass protection. Also decent in short yardage situations.

The problem with bringing in another back is it takes awhile to pick up the terminology... much less to get a feel for how to attack each play given who they are running behind.

Can they learn the audibles?

Can they block?

It isn't a video game.

I see where we've brought Darryngton Evans back again... he was on the PS once before. It's probably Gaskin or Evans or nobody.

The problem with bringing in another back is it takes awhile to pick up the terminology... much less to get a feel for how to attack each play given who they are running behind.

Can they block?

It isn't a video game.

I see where we've brought Darryngton Evans back again... he was on the PS once before. It's probably Gaskin or Evans or nobody.
With the pace we have been burning through RB's, someone is definitely needed.

Mostert had 22 carries last week, that's probably 50% more than I'd like him to have. We really need Wilson to step up this week and take about 10-14 carries or else Mostert isn't going to finish the season healthy.

It seems to be the Dolphin way that when the injury bug hits it's the same position group over and over. Last season it was tackle and cornerback, this season seems to be running back and guard.

the injuries have been crazy this year....you'd think at some point we'll catch a break and nobody will get hurt for a while.

Players like Ahmed are a dime a dozen. He won't be missed.
So you think you can bring in a dime a dozen guy and plug him in?

You are sadly mistaken. It would take even a starter quality back weeks to learn the system and it's nuances.

I'm not saying he is some irreplaceable diamond, but let's be rational. With our health situation, in the short term it could be an issue.

Can they block?

It isn't a video game.

You just hand the ball off to Fournette and tell him to run up the middle.

I get the feeling he was a popular teammate. They all called him SA, and several teammates randomly mentioned him affectionately in their interviews. I do think he has a very replaceable talent level, but I'm sure he'll be missed. We have two IR return designations left. The popular theory is we are holding one for Wynn and one for an unforeseen injury to a top-line guy like Tua or Tyreek. I trust McD, and he must feel good about Darrynton Evans. He spent most of the year on our practice squad and was promoted to Chicago's 53 for five games. I'm sure he's in shape and at least has a head start on our system.

Just posted the same. Didn’t know it was a foot injury. Assumed maybe it was a concussion issue.

Oh well. Add another on to the list. If Achane can’t play, we’re down to Mostert and Wilson.
Brooks is elligable to come off i/r and i would rather have him than anyone but achane.

He is what we need in rotation for the jets because he gets tough yards and is a good blocker. I want to play them like we did in the second game with them last year. Pound it out and ware down that defense and keep tua alive.

The jets defense against miami with 2 back up guards? I dont care if we dont throw one pass. Brooks, achane and mostert will do just fine.

Back
Top Bottom