Aikman A Dolphin???? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aikman A Dolphin????

Only problem is his concussion issues. If he got beat behind Dallas's offensive line last year, he would get killed behind Miami's. I don't know if its worth the risk of getting another concussion or even worse, winding up a vegetable for the rest of his life. I like the idea of having a top notch QB too, and even more so a Troy Aikman (My wife got me liking him), but again if it does happen, Ill be really surprised..

Then again, Id rather have 1 Troy Aikman at 20 percent of what he once was than 10 Rob Johnsons at his very best. As for McNown developing in to the man, I dont want to sound like an internal pessimist, but don't hold your breath on McNown ever being more than mop up duty.

Aikman is a dinosaur

you need someone who can get away from pressure abd get you a few yards scrambling; unless you are the Rams. Aikman could play backup for the Rams. I would rather us get O'Donnell as the #2/#3 vet. guy than Aikman.

I also liked what I saw of Daveys from LSU - big kid - great poise - just wonder if he spent too much time relying on Josh Reed though.

Hypothetical Question?? Who would you rather have starting tomorrow? Jay or TROY? I would rather have Troy!! He's been there, done that! Big games are second nature to him! And he doesn't make the BIG mistake!!

i don't think i'd want...............

troy starting against the ravens. their defense hits too hard and troy does get injured pretty easily!:rolleyes:

Yeah he's a potato chip!! But he's like MARINO in that he knows defenses and how to read them! He will dump the ball off to his hot receiver instead of trying to force it into double coverage!!

6 of one, half dozen of the other.........

now is not the time to be thinking about a change. week 6 should have been the time to do it!;)

If it was 5 years ago, Troy. If it was 3 years ago, Troy. If it were now, Jay. Troy sucked his last year, and is probably worse now. Jay sucks too but at the moment would do better than Troy would. Obviously, Troy is a better all-time QB, he will be a hall of famer.

I still think he has some gas left in the tank! He was on a crappy Cowboy team!! Hey this may never happen!! Let's concentrate on th task at hand! THE RAVENS!!! ARE YOU PSYCHED!!! FEEL THE POWER???? OH YEAH!!!!!!!! I have all my stuff ready for the BEST TAILGATE PARTY!!! LET'S GO PHINS!!!!! ARE YOU WITH ME ICE?????

Originally posted by Dolphins13Fan
Only problem is his concussion issues. If he got beat behind Dallas's offensive line last year, he would get killed behind Miami's. I don't know if its worth the risk of getting another concussion or even worse, winding up a vegetable for the rest of his life. I like the idea of having a top notch QB too, and even more so a Troy Aikman (My wife got me liking him), but again if it does happen, Ill be really surprised..

Then again, Id rather have 1 Troy Aikman at 20 percent of what he once was than 10 Rob Johnsons at his very best. As for McNown developing in to the man, I dont want to sound like an internal pessimist, but don't hold your breath on McNown ever being more than mop up duty.

Why would you say McKnown will never be anymore than mop up duty?

McNown will be awesome, and he has lots of talent. I don't think Aikman has anything left but GO DOLPHINS!

Originally posted by inFINSible

Why would you say McKnown will never be anymore than mop up duty?

I stated this because quite truthfully Ive never been a McNown fan nor do I ever see myself becoming one.. I think he was the beneficiary of a pass oriented offense in UCLA, and while with the Bears his attitude sucked. He was always whining about something or another and his teamates couldn't stand him.. Remember last year, many Bears went on record as to saying they were tired of his antics? Yes people do change, I am in realization of that, but still I don't think McNown has.

Originally posted by Dolphins13Fan

I stated this because quite truthfully Ive never been a McNown fan nor do I ever see myself becoming one.. I think he was the beneficiary of a pass oriented offense in UCLA, and while with the Bears his attitude sucked. He was always whining about something or another and his teamates couldn't stand him.. Remember last year, many Bears went on record as to saying they were tired of his antics? Yes people do change, I am in realization of that, but still I don't think McNown has.

What do you base that last statement on? Do you know the man personally or do you have some inside source on the Dolphins staff? I look all over the internet nearly evry day and I haven't come across a McKnown story since we signed him, so I just want to know why you THINK that he hasn't changed?

Back
Top Bottom