Aikman A Dolphin???? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aikman A Dolphin????

39, now that you mention it, I think I read an article or short blurb to that effect also.

I know I did in the herold about 2 months ago. Mike Shula was quoted saying Cade stays around for about an hour after every practice to get some one on one practice w/Mike. It also said that he was Jay's shadow in practice, and every time he comes to the sideline in games, hoping to catch any comments by coaches directed at Jay.

Originally posted by inFINSible

What do you base that last statement on? Do you know the man personally or do you have some inside source on the Dolphins staff? I look all over the internet nearly evry day and I haven't come across a McKnown story since we signed him, so I just want to know why you THINK that he hasn't changed?

I base the last statement on my ability to have an opinion. Im not saying my opinion is the right of way... Maybe he has grown up, I don't know one way or another. I really haven't heard anything about him either way, so Im just going to take everyones word that he is working hard and keeping his head in the game, unlike how he was with the Bears.. I did sound critical of him and didn't take in to factor that pressure situations like he was in with the Bears, tend to crack some. He did have the world on his shoulders there with the burden of a large contract, and Chicago fans aren't always easy to deal with.

Again, as with most things I post on here, its strictly an opinion and not to be taken as the gospel quite yet.. Im a die hard of the Dolphins but I don't know all the answers.

Lastly to correct you on something, the Phins traded for McNown, didn't pick him up as a free agent. Just a little FYI.

My bad, I said " signed him" instead of "traded for him", please forgive me.
I wasn't taking your post as gospel, just curious to know the logic behind your statement. NBD.

Originally posted by inFINSible
My bad, I said " signed him" instead of "traded for him", please forgive me.
I wasn't taking your post as gospel, just curious to know the logic behind your statement. NBD.

You are forgiven.. :lol: It wasn't a big thing, just thought Id correct ya on it. God knows though none of us are walking football almanacs. The logic behind my post was McNowns past attitude problems, but like I said I didn't take some facts in to account before I typed the post.

as critical as i have been................

about jay, i hope the fins don't let him go! can't blame him for the loss today!:p

I would think........

that Norv Turner is coming. I'm cool with Norv Turner coming here. It is an upgrade from Chan Gailey, but I don't welcome the thought of Aikman coming here (because of his injuries).

BUT

On the other hand this could be a great scenario for us....

If Aikman comes in with a new coodinator (preferrably, Norv Turner), we could cut Fiedler (unfortunate for him, because I do like him) but Aikman is better than Jay and more familiar with Turner's offensive system. Since Fiedler is in his contract year and his agent will demand starter money which we will not want to pay if Aikman is signed. Let Ray Lucas and McKnown battle it out for the #2 spot behind Aikman (because they will be cheaper then Fiedler and just as good). We will have a DEAD ON ACCURATE QB behind the snap with two young QBs developing under the new system.

This could work;)

i'm not opposed to....................

aikman coming to town, i just think the guy should think about the rest of his life though!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom