AJ Feeley = Jay Fiedler | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AJ Feeley = Jay Fiedler

I dont know how so many people can bash fiedler ok hes definately not a marino and he doesnt have a solid arm but when we had like playoff runs even though they didn't last long he still took hits and he still worked his a$$ off for us

unifiedtheory said:
You can scream this from the rooftops and people don't want to hear it...

Whether it is the leftover "Fiedler lovers" or the "Feeley haters"....they don't WANT to listen.

I know by posting I am just encouraging this thread to go on and on but I must speak my peace.

I'll repeat what has been said in this thread and 430096805860586 other times on this board.

You CAN NOT evaluate a quarterback properly when he:

A.) Was in his first year in a whole new system.
B.) Was in his first year as a starter.
C.) Was not given first team reps in training camp.
D.) Was playing behind the worst offensive line in the league...by a WIDE margin.
E.) Had NO SEMBLANCE of a running game.
F.) Had inconsistent recievers and tight ends.
F.) Had ZERO support from the head coach.
G.) Had ZERO support from the other quarterback. Fiedler was a b|tch about the whole thing from the beginning. Bringing in Frerotte will be the best thing that ever happened to Feely.
H.) Was playing for an offensive coaching staf that was being run by an idiot (Foerrster) and being subverted from within by an egomaniac (Trestman). The offensive coaching staf was a horror show...how can A.J. be properly evaluated in that enviroment?

You put Joe Montana ( NO I AM NOT COMPARING A.J. TO HIM) in the enviroment that surrounded this team last year and he would have looked bad to. At least A.J. hung in there, took his weekly a$$ kicking and came back the next week.

I hear you and totally agree. You think after 5 years of fielder, people would have a little more patience.

wazzy said:
I dont know how so many people can bash fiedler ok hes definately not a marino and he doesnt have a solid arm but when we had like playoff runs even though they didn't last long he still took hits and he still worked his a$$ off for us

I think the main reason why Jay gets bashed so much is largely because of the EARS. Or at least that's how it probably got starterd. It's one of those things that has been going on too, you tend to forget how it all started. :o

wazzy said:

How far we get in the playoffs the 5 yrs he was here?

AJ = Still raw, may have some potential, does have zip on the ball.

Jay=Has maxed out, will get no better, arm strength is nothing.

Between the two, I pick AJ.

Rather have Smith though.

first&goal said:
Wow what intelligent post.....

It is called sarcasm, but another fine example of an inability to read between teh lines and see the unwritten.

at least feeley as a coach what jay never had

i think aj did suck but at the end of the season and when the line blocked he showed signs of being a good qb and he has a big heart he deserves another chance heck we gave jay 4 years so another one for aj want hurt i mean we have to face it we want have another qb like dan for a long time so we just have to stick with what we got and that is aj but like i said i thought he did pretty good toward the end of the season. and i belive saben knows whats he is doing.

feeley imo when it's all said in done, will be nothing more then another fiedler.

mark my words, we will remember these as the fiedler/feeley years.

wazzy said:

You can put me in at QB and I will guarantee that I will work my a$$ off and take the hits. That doesnt mean I could hit the broad side of a barn with a football. Same was true for Fiedler.

phinz_fan said:
Feeley was the Eagle's 3rd string QB.

That says it all. We might as well have sought out Damon Huard again and given up a 1st rounder for him.

We will never win a Superbowl with Feeley.
God, I am so sick of people saying that Feeley was Eagle's 3rd string. I though Andy Reid's statement settled that argument. I guess not.:shakeno:

unifiedtheory said:
You can scream this from the rooftops and people don't want to hear it...

Whether it is the leftover "Fiedler lovers" or the "Feeley haters"....they don't WANT to listen.

I know by posting I am just encouraging this thread to go on and on but I must speak my peace.

I'll repeat what has been said in this thread and 430096805860586 other times on this board.

You CAN NOT evaluate a quarterback properly when he:

A.) Was in his first year in a whole new system.
B.) Was in his first year as a starter.
C.) Was not given first team reps in training camp.
D.) Was playing behind the worst offensive line in the league...by a WIDE margin.
E.) Had NO SEMBLANCE of a running game.
F.) Had inconsistent recievers and tight ends.
F.) Had ZERO support from the head coach.
G.) Had ZERO support from the other quarterback. Fiedler was a b|tch about the whole thing from the beginning. Bringing in Frerotte will be the best thing that ever happened to Feely.
H.) Was playing for an offensive coaching staf that was being run by an idiot (Foerrster) and being subverted from within by an egomaniac (Trestman). The offensive coaching staf was a horror show...how can A.J. be properly evaluated in that enviroment?

You put Joe Montana ( NO I AM NOT COMPARING A.J. TO HIM) in the enviroment that surrounded this team last year and he would have looked bad to. At least A.J. hung in there, took his weekly a$$ kicking and came back the next week.

Well I can understand most of this until the end..lost me there. Give me a break, Joe Montana would have played a million times better than Feeley. The guy could throw on the run and would have made plays with players like Chambers, McMichael, booker, etc. Lets not blow smoke here, youre not even close on that one.
AJ "hung in there", great so did Fiedler and we didnt win squat with him. Heart and toughness are great qualities, I know a lot of people with heart and toughness, my Grandmother had both but she wouldnt have been able to win games at Qb. Talent is a must at that position and Feeley has limited talent and upside, he's never going to take us anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom