AJ Feeley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AJ Feeley

shellgh0st

D-Unit
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
547
Reaction score
0
As an Eagles fan who watched AJ play for us and play well for us, I can say this,
the Dolphins have a very good QB in AJ. When McNabb went down for us and AJ stepped in, many Eagles fans felt AJ played better in the passing game then McNabb did and wanted him to stay as the starter for us in the playoffs.

You can win with AJ. You need to protect him though. He also needs a very good system to play in. What the dolphins had last year was garbage, I dont think any QB couldve won with that. No running game, poor blocking, bad schemes. Other then Chambers and McMichael, there was nothing on offense.

I think Miami will be the surprise team this year and a lot of you will be shocked as to how well AJ will play.
 

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
13,500
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Long Beach, Ca
Thanks Shell, but there is no convincing some people on this board that Feeley even deserves a chance to prove himself.
 

Goober Bot

Diehard
Joined
Dec 24, 2004
Messages
137
Reaction score
0
Location
Hobe Sound, FL
If I remember Shannon Sharpe said earlier in the season on that HBO show that we had a system that was so complicated that it would make Dan Marino appear average, and Dan agreed that we had a complicated offense. Thanks for your input Shell I didn't know that.
 

LFTzDAN48td

Active Roster
Joined
May 16, 2004
Messages
584
Reaction score
0
Age
56
Location
Louisville, Ky
shellgh0st said:
As an Eagles fan who watched AJ play for us and play well for us, I can say this,
the Dolphins have a very good QB in AJ. When McNabb went down for us and AJ stepped in, many Eagles fans felt AJ played better in the passing game then McNabb did and wanted him to stay as the starter for us in the playoffs.

You can win with AJ. You need to protect him though. He also needs a very good system to play in. What the dolphins had last year was garbage, I dont think any QB couldve won with that. No running game, poor blocking, bad schemes. Other then Chambers and McMichael, there was nothing on offense.

I think Miami will be the surprise team this year and a lot of you will be shocked as to how well AJ will play.

Someone else mentioned the difference might be the two offensive schemes between the Eagles timing patterns on offensive passing and the dolphins new oc's choice of letting the qb decide. Some say this will hurt AJ cause he is used to this west coast type of offense, I say he is a gun-slinger and will be like Farve in terms of throwing a lot of "chit, how he'd do that?, to throwing a few interceptions for the AJ grumblers to complain about.
 

rafael

Hall Of Famer
Club Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2002
Messages
7,273
Reaction score
1,769
Location
Sparks, NV
shellgh0st said:
As an Eagles fan who watched AJ play for us and play well for us, I can say this,
the Dolphins have a very good QB in AJ. When McNabb went down for us and AJ stepped in, many Eagles fans felt AJ played better in the passing game then McNabb did and wanted him to stay as the starter for us in the playoffs.

You can win with AJ. You need to protect him though. He also needs a very good system to play in. What the dolphins had last year was garbage, I dont think any QB couldve won with that. No running game, poor blocking, bad schemes. Other then Chambers and McMichael, there was nothing on offense.

I think Miami will be the surprise team this year and a lot of you will be shocked as to how well AJ will play.

I'm not sure when that was. You guys won 4 out of 5 games (against weak opponents), but AJ didn't play well. He had a low comp. % and a high int. %, this is not what I call playing well.
 

Ricky's Pipe

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Coral Gables, FL
I like AJ...i like that quiet intensity you see from him. I remember after the NE game calling him the 'new Brtt Favre' - dunno what possessed me to say it. i dont really believe it, but I like to hope anyways. Anyone that beats NE on a Monday Night on national TV deserves a couple of chances to grow and develop.
 

shellgh0st

D-Unit
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
547
Reaction score
0
FEELEYgoinDEEP said:
Someone else mentioned the difference might be the two offensive schemes between the Eagles timing patterns on offensive passing and the dolphins new oc's choice of letting the qb decide. Some say this will hurt AJ cause he is used to this west coast type of offense, I say he is a gun-slinger and will be like Farve in terms of throwing a lot of "chit, how he'd do that?, to throwing a few interceptions for the AJ grumblers to complain about.

funny you bring this up. Feeley with us took a lot more chances down the field, then mcnabb did. He impressed people with the longer plays he made down the field, he would take shots. Something McNabb wouldnt do. He had a better short passing game imo then McNabb did. McNabb was notorious for his low and away balls, never hitting anyone on the run. Feeley was able to hit guys on the run. He used our sorry skill players (pinkston, thrash, lewis) better then McNabb was able to.

McNabb is the face of our franchise though. No way were we going to replace him with anyone. So, even though Feeley played above everyones expectations, he had to take a sit behind McNabb.
 

Gadsden86

#1 Oronde Gadsden & Cameron Wake Fan
Joined
Nov 10, 2004
Messages
2,207
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Location
Silent Hill!
i think most fans won't be happy till we get another qb will marino quality. THey boo'ed fiedler, and now feeley after 1/2 a season behind a cruddy line give him some time before bashing.
 

shellgh0st

D-Unit
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
547
Reaction score
0
rafael said:
I'm not sure when that was. You guys won 4 out of 5 games (against weak opponents), but AJ didn't play well. He had a low comp. % and a high int. %, this is not what I call playing well.

Its funny, because when McNabb went down everyone said we would lose those games to weak opponents. Why didnt we? AJ stepped up and played well enough to win, late in the season, when our season was on the line and teams were looking to knock us out of the playoff hunt.

He had James Thrash and Todd Pinkston as his WRs. If you havent seen those two play, count yourself lucky. No one would have knock out stats with the skill players we had that year.

Im talking about how he played, not his numbers. About decisions he would make, not about the passes that were dropped by our wrs that bounced into DBs hands for INTs. Im talking about his passes that would hit WRs running, not in the ground like McNabb was doing that year.
 

Tommatt

Scout Team
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
393
Reaction score
0
I never bood fielder. He came in after marino and gave us some winning seasons. At times I liked him, and I wanted to see him succeed. The past two years, his flaws really started showing.

But I was loving him after that game with oakland a few years ago, when he ran it in from the 5 to win the game with the clock running out.

He gave us a couple 10 win seasons, one with lamar smith at running back, and got us to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Wanny screwed up though by never drafting a QB, it was obvious fielder could stand in for a couple years, but that was it.
 

FIN-IN-RI

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
12,998
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
192.168.1.3/255.255.255.0
shellgh0st said:
As an Eagles fan who watched AJ play for us and play well for us, I can say this,
the Dolphins have a very good QB in AJ. When McNabb went down for us and AJ stepped in, many Eagles fans felt AJ played better in the passing game then McNabb did and wanted him to stay as the starter for us in the playoffs.

You can win with AJ. You need to protect him though. He also needs a very good system to play in. What the dolphins had last year was garbage, I dont think any QB couldve won with that. No running game, poor blocking, bad schemes. Other then Chambers and McMichael, there was nothing on offense.

I think Miami will be the surprise team this year and a lot of you will be shocked as to how well AJ will play.

I just hope it all works out! Thanks for the post!

I too remember Eagles fans clamouring for AJ to stay in as the full-time starter. Maybe Speilman still has hope!
 

LFTzDAN48td

Active Roster
Joined
May 16, 2004
Messages
584
Reaction score
0
Age
56
Location
Louisville, Ky
shellgh0st said:
funny you bring this up. Feeley with us took a lot more chances down the field, then mcnabb did. He impressed people with the longer plays he made down the field, he would take shots. Something McNabb wouldnt do. He had a better short passing game imo then McNabb did. McNabb was notorious for his low and away balls, never hitting anyone on the run. Feeley was able to hit guys on the run. He used our sorry skill players (pinkston, thrash, lewis) better then McNabb was able to.

McNabb is the face of our franchise though. No way were we going to replace him with anyone. So, even though Feeley played above everyones expectations, he had to take a sit behind McNabb.

Congrats on your super-bowl appearance:D I guess I'm a Tin Cup kinda guy, go for glory, screw the percentages, safe bet. A.J. didn't have any ints his last few games with us, hopefully he was learning. He had 3 td in the first quarter against the bills, but then threw 3 ints:fire: I worry about the amount of knockdowns he had at the line of scrimmage, but with some time and a new power running back, he won't see as many 4-6 in the d-lines box and more shot-gun formations from our new oc, I really believe he will prosper and we won't have to worry about drafting a qb until 2012:cooldude: Jay did ok with a great surrounding cast, but the hell with OK, I like his swagger and gun-slinger attitude. 4 wides---GO DEEP:D
 
Top Bottom