AJ Feeley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AJ Feeley

I think that AJ better be concerned about Gus... and that there is no guarantee that he will be starting. He will have to earn it. It will not be handed to him because that other QB sucks worse than he does.... Kinda like last season.

shellgh0st said:
Its funny, because when McNabb went down everyone said we would lose those games to weak opponents. Why didnt we? AJ stepped up and played well enough to win, late in the season, when our season was on the line and teams were looking to knock us out of the playoff hunt.

He had James Thrash and Todd Pinkston as his WRs. If you havent seen those two play, count yourself lucky. No one would have knock out stats with the skill players we had that year.

Im talking about how he played, not his numbers. About decisions he would make, not about the passes that were dropped by our wrs that bounced into DBs hands for INTs. Im talking about his passes that would hit WRs running, not in the ground like McNabb was doing that year.
Thanks for your input. I am looking forward to seeing A.J. play next year. I don't know why there are so many people like Rafael who refuse to give Feeley a chance or even a hint of optimism.:confused:

shellgh0st said:
As an Eagles fan who watched AJ play for us and play well for us, I can say this,
the Dolphins have a very good QB in AJ. When McNabb went down for us and AJ stepped in, many Eagles fans felt AJ played better in the passing game then McNabb did and wanted him to stay as the starter for us in the playoffs.

You can win with AJ. You need to protect him though. He also needs a very good system to play in. What the dolphins had last year was garbage, I dont think any QB couldve won with that. No running game, poor blocking, bad schemes. Other then Chambers and McMichael, there was nothing on offense.

I think Miami will be the surprise team this year and a lot of you will be shocked as to how well AJ will play.

I live just outside Philly and hate the Eagles with a passion. No offense dude. When Detmer went down I was cheering cause I thought they would loose the rest of the season. AJ went in and shocked the hell out of me.
I have been saying the same thing you are since we acquired AJ. Not many people listened to me then, and I see that not many more are listening to you know. But it helps to have someone else on my side, so to speak.

shellgh0st said:
funny you bring this up. Feeley with us took a lot more chances down the field, then mcnabb did. He impressed people with the longer plays he made down the field, he would take shots. Something McNabb wouldnt do. He had a better short passing game imo then McNabb did. McNabb was notorious for his low and away balls, never hitting anyone on the run. Feeley was able to hit guys on the run. He used our sorry skill players (pinkston, thrash, lewis) better then McNabb was able to.

McNabb is the face of our franchise though. No way were we going to replace him with anyone. So, even though Feeley played above everyones expectations, he had to take a sit behind McNabb.
are you sure if you eagle fans like him that much, im sure miami fans would take mcnabb off your hands give you back feeley and to show you how sorry we were for taking such a beloved 3rd string phenom we would give you next yr's 1st plus the rights to ricky. :lol:

Va.fin fan said:
are you sure if you eagle fans like him that much, im sure miami fans would take mcnabb off your hands give you back feeley and to show you how sorry we were for taking such a beloved 3rd string phenom we would give you next yr's 1st plus the rights to ricky. :lol:

I would rather die than have that overated A-hole of a QB play for my team. Philly can keep him.
BTW when you realize why he was a third stringer, then we'll talk, untill then, get your facts straight.

DonShula84 said:
Thanks Shell, but there is no convincing some people on this board that Feeley even deserves a chance to prove himself.

He had a chance, but he failed!

FemaleFinFan said:
I live just outside Philly and hate the Eagles with a passion. No offense dude. When Detmer went down I was cheering cause I thought they would loose the rest of the season. AJ went in and shocked the hell out of me.
I have been saying the same thing you are since we acquired AJ. Not many people listened to me then, and I see that not many more are listening to you know. But it helps to have someone else on my side, so to speak.

They'll soon learn what AJ is all about. I have all the games he played with the Eagles on tape. If I have the time, I may make some vids to show these guys how he was playing with a good coaching staff and OL. They can see why his numbers were average because of all the drops by the receivers. I believe in the rams game there were about 15 dropped passes, that hit guys in the hands and between the numbers. The people that are bashing AJ dont know about that. They have only seen him in that horrible wanny offense.

chambers84 said:

Do me a favor. Get Dan Marino, Tom Brady, or Payton Manning behind an Oline that allowed 52 sacks and countless ammounts of hurries and see how well they do. If the OLine improves and the QB has at least 3 seconds to throw the ball, then I'll say AJ failed. But until he gets behind a line that doesn't get three key players seriously injured in one game, he never had much of a chance...:shakeno:

FemaleFinFan said:
I would rather die than have that overated A-hole of a QB play for my team. Philly can keep him.
BTW when you realize why he was a third stringer, then we'll talk, untill then, get your facts straight.
'
if you buy into that he didnt hold the snap for pa'ts line then so be it. if you have the talent to run the team in case the starter goes down ,you will be the next in line.you either learn how to do it or you have some one else do it.if detmer would not have got hurt aj would not have seen the field. as for mcnabb your ignorant statement needs no reply.

Va.fin fan said:
'
if you buy into that he didnt hold the snap for pa'ts line then so be it. if you have the talent to run the team in case the starter goes down ,you will be the next in line.you either learn how to do it or you have some one else do it.if detmer would not have got hurt aj would not have seen the field. as for mcnabb your ignorant statement needs no reply.

If my ignorance needs no reply, then why reply? I just judge him based on my personal experience with the man, thats all. Again, if this is ignorance, then by all means, ignore me.

chambers84 said:

He had a WHAT? He didn't get a lot of reps in camp, Wanny wouldn't let him,
He was in a new O...The OL didn't give the QB's 3 seconds to throw, i.e., both got hurt behind our OL, it was so bad that Sage started the last game. No OL, no running game..a new receiver, no check downs for blitzes. How the hell did his guy have the confidence to stand in there and fire that bullet to D. Thompson to beat NE, I'll never know. Until we get some real talent around AJ, I don't know what he can do,,but with what we had last year, with our OC by committee and coaching backstabbing coaches atmosphere, I don't know how the guy had shinning moments, and no int's against NE amazes me, especially considering what they did against Indy, Steelers, and the Eagles, all pro bowl QB's and NE pick them left and right and beat the hell out them..AJ, you da man.

FemaleFinFan said:
If my ignorance needs no reply, then why reply? I just judge him based on my personal experience with the man, thats all. Again, if this is ignorance, then by all means, ignore me.
and i didnt reply about mcnabb, your personal experience with him what does that mean did mcnabb treat you bad, leave you a bad tip or cut you off in traffic? i dont know about you but my personal experience with marino was pleasant :roflmao:

Some people can not admit the "progression" that AJ showed towards the end of the year because they would have to admit that they may have been wrong in there "assessment" of him.

I do not even bother responding to negative posts about AJ anymore.

But I have alot of "usernames" saved and I will remind them of there posts come mid-season of 2005.

That will be fun.

Va.fin fan said:
and i didnt reply about mcnabb, your personal experience with him what does that mean did mcnabb treat you bad, leave you a bad tip or cut you off in traffic? i dont know about you but my personal experience with marino was pleasant :roflmao:

Your absolutly right, you don't know of my personal experiences with him. Nor will you because I highly doubt you'd even give me the benefit of the doubt about what has happened. Your a typical arrogant Eagles fan. You claim to be a fin fan, but you act like an Eagles fan. This conversation is over, don't bother replying, you are on ignore for your ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom