AJ Feeley | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AJ Feeley

shellgh0st said:
Its funny, because when McNabb went down everyone said we would lose those games to weak opponents. Why didnt we? AJ stepped up and played well enough to win, late in the season, when our season was on the line and teams were looking to knock us out of the playoff hunt.

He had James Thrash and Todd Pinkston as his WRs. If you havent seen those two play, count yourself lucky. No one would have knock out stats with the skill players we had that year.

Im talking about how he played, not his numbers. About decisions he would make, not about the passes that were dropped by our wrs that bounced into DBs hands for INTs. Im talking about his passes that would hit WRs running, not in the ground like McNabb was doing that year.

Wow, AJ must be the unluckiest guy in the world. Near as I can tell interceptions and bad passes are never his fault, they just happen to him b/c others mess up.

If you go back and watch the games, AJ didn't play well. People just forget b/c he won the games. He was inaccurate and made bad decisions. In fact, Childress said that poor decisions are AJ's biggest struggle. The same thing happened when we beat NE last year. People think AJ played well. He didn't. The difference was that the other team screwed up and the potential ints AJ threw were dropped.

Look, I want AJ to do well. I was one of those who defended the trade based on the type of analysis that RS did, but AJ is still inaccurate and making the same boneheaded decisions. I pride myself on my ability to access QB potential and IMO the odds AJ succeeding are small. I'm not saying I'm flawless. In fact, I hope I'm I'm wrong, but AJ flaws are among the most difficult to correct.

FemaleFinFan said:
Your absolutly right, you don't know of my personal experiences with him. Nor will you because I highly doubt you'd even give me the benefit of the doubt about what has happened. Your a typical arrogant Eagles fan. You claim to be a fin fan, but you act like an Eagles fan. This conversation is over, don't bother replying, you are on ignore for your ignorance.
this was to funny, your way to dramatic. to bad im on the ignore list, i would have loved to hear what mcnabb did to you and if it were wrong what he did , i would say i'm sorry, for my insensitive remarks followed by :roflmao: in the earlier reply.

HVACService said:
Some people can not admit the "progression" that AJ showed towards the end of the year because they would have to admit that they may have been wrong in there "assessment" of him.

I do not even bother responding to negative posts about AJ anymore.

But I have alot of "usernames" saved and I will remind them of there posts come mid-season of 2005.

That will be fun.

It will be fun, and just a bit funny to see them talk their way out of that. I hope AJ shreds the competition this year. Go Phins!

GridIronKing34 said:
It will be fun, and just a bit funny to see them talk their way out of that. I hope AJ shreds the competition this year. Go Phins!
i hope for any player putting on a dolphins jersey to succeed, but i also hope we dont give him the same time we did with the last qb we had. if blows up then great for us, if he stinks up the joint then shame on us if we fail to seek drafting a qb to replace him next yr.

rafael said:
Wow, AJ must be the unluckiest guy in the world. Near as I can tell interceptions and bad passes are never his fault, they just happen to him b/c others mess up.

If you go back and watch the games, AJ didn't play well. People just forget b/c he won the games. He was inaccurate and made bad decisions. In fact, Childress said that poor decisions are AJ's biggest struggle. The same thing happened when we beat NE last year. People think AJ played well. He didn't. The difference was that the other team screwed up and the potential ints AJ threw were dropped.

Look, I want AJ to do well. I was one of those who defended the trade based on the type of analysis that RS did, but AJ is still inaccurate and making the same boneheaded decisions. I pride myself on my ability to access QB potential and IMO the odds AJ succeeding are small. I'm not saying I'm flawless. In fact, I hope I'm I'm wrong, but AJ flaws are among the most difficult to correct.

Dude I JUST watched the rams game AJ started for MY TEAM the Eagles. And their were 12 dropped passes, 3 others that a good WR wouldve came away with. How about the 30+ yard TD pass that was called back due to Tra Thomas' hold...

You have NO idea what the Eagles skill players were like that year. McNabb had a 58% comp rating and a 86 qb rating that year (his third year in this system and second year with these same skill players), AJ had a 55% and a 75 qb rating.

We can put money on how accurate he was in these games, and I'll waste some of my time making vids of every pass in that rams game for ya.

shellgh0st said:
Dude I JUST watched the rams game AJ started for MY TEAM the Eagles. And their were 12 dropped passes, 3 others that a good WR wouldve came away with. How about the 30+ yard TD pass that was called back due to Tra Thomas' hold...

You have NO idea what the Eagles skill players were like that year. McNabb had a 58% comp rating and a 86 qb rating that year (his third year in this system and second year with these same skill players), AJ had a 55% and a 75 qb rating.

We can put money on how accurate he was in these games, and I'll waste some of my time making vids of every pass in that rams game for ya.

So AJ was less accurate than a QB with questionable accuracy. That's hardly a ringing endorsement. And if we wanted a guy with those stats we could have kept Fiedler.

We'll never agree on the accuracy so betting on it makes no sense, but if you doubt that AJ makes bad decisions maybe you should send your tape to Childress b/c he already stated that was a problem AJ needed to overcome.

Cmon guys, this is AJ's team now. New staff, new players, new coach. He had a bad O last year, Ricky leaving, decimated injuries to the Offense. All the weight was on him and he had nothing to work with! There were 25 other QBS who didnt do too well last year either. Its the past. THis is the present and future. Lets see how it turns out.

this is AJs team....:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: ..the guy wont win 6 games in miami this year

Oh, cant put your money where you mouth is, nuff said.

I have game footage of him hitting WRs on the run and they dropped the balls.

McNabb is a pro bowl QB, the point about the ratings is that the Eagles WRs SUCKED. They dropped so many passes it hurt both McNabbs and AJs stats that year. Now that McNabb had a legit WR in Owens his QB rating shot up from 86%, 79% to 104%. If the guys you throw to cant catch, it doesnt matter how accurate you are.

Did you see that 35 yard bomb to the sideline right in westbrooks bread basket that he dropped in the Rams game? That was an awesome pass. One of many in that game..

shellgh0st said:
Oh, cant put your money where you mouth is, nuff said.

I have game footage of him hitting WRs on the run and they dropped the balls.

McNabb is a pro bowl QB, the point about the ratings is that the Eagles WRs SUCKED. They dropped so many passes it hurt both McNabbs and AJs stats that year. Now that McNabb had a legit WR in Owens his QB rating shot up from 86%, 79% to 104%. If the guys you throw to cant catch, it doesnt matter how accurate you are.

Did you see that 35 yard bomb to the sideline right in westbrooks bread basket that he dropped in the Rams game? That was an awesome pass. One of many in that game..

Don't be a d*ck. You could put together a highlight real showing that Fiedler is better than Marino, it doesn't make it true.

I've seen enough of AJ to know that he has a problem with streaky accuracy and poor decision making. Your own OC agrees. I've watched enough football to know that these problems are rarely overcome. If you want to to say you hope AJ beats the odds, great, I agree with you. But if you want me to feel comfortable that we're set at QB with the guy who had the lowest rating in the league and displayed the same difficulties even when he was surrounded bya superior team (Eagles) then I'm not with you.

rafael said:
Don't be a d*ck. You could put together a highlight real showing that Fiedler is better than Marino, it doesn't make it true.

I've seen enough of AJ to know that he has a problem with streaky accuracy and poor decision making. Your own OC agrees. I've watched enough football to know that these problems are rarely overcome. If you want to to say you hope AJ beats the odds, great, I agree with you. But if you want me to feel comfortable that we're set at QB with the guy who had the lowest rating in the league and displayed the same difficulties even when he was surrounded bya superior team (Eagles) then I'm not with you.

LOL you dont know what you are talking about. TODD PINKSTON AND JAMES THRASH ARE SUPERIOR??? At what?? Nicknamed stinkston and trash, they are not superior to anyone. The only good thing was our OL and we had a decent TE although overrated and a decent back in staley.

I said I will put EVERY pass play from the rams game! Not one or two. ALL OF THEM. Youre scared cause you dont know HOW he played in those games. You can only reference a quote from a OC that was down playing a qb controversy to protect McNabb and reference how he played with a pathetic dolphins offense.

Truth is he was outstanding in his first game as starter with us. Aikman praised him saying he was the best eagle player on offense.

Did you see the great bomb he threw for a TD that was mistakenly called back on stinkston in the seattle game? That was a nice pass, deep and accurate.

Admit it, you didnt see him play with the eagles so you havent a clue has to how accurate he would be under better circumstances. Just admit you didnt see those games.

rafael said:

Wow, you must really miss Fiedler!! I remember your posts constantly endorsing him from the past. But guess what... He is gone! Fiedler didn't have 1/2 the talent that AJ does and had way more at his disposal... How about the leading rusher in RICKY WILLIAMS! And exactly what did AJ have around him that's making you go on this trashing campaign of yours?

All I can say to all you AJ bashers is get ready to eat crow once Feeley shows what he's really capable of with a RUNNING game and decent coaching!

rafael said:
I'm not sure when that was. You guys won 4 out of 5 games (against weak opponents), but AJ didn't play well. He had a low comp. % and a high int. %, this is not what I call playing well.

Of Course you dont, your stat boy. That is all you can use, stats. Philli had horrible receivers then. Sorry Philli dude, but when Pinkston and/or Thrash is your #1 receiver, you got problems. Combined with no reps until he was forced to start. But hey see what you want to see. We all ready see how your prediction as fact Saban was going qb #2 went right?

Joe Flipper said:
this is AJs team....:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: ..the guy wont win 6 games in miami this year

Funny man, baseless fan, but hey funny man. You probably one that wants AJ to fail now because Saban diodnt draft a qb.

Back
Top Bottom