Ajayi takes ANOTHER parting shot. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi takes ANOTHER parting shot.

Well, Jay taking shots, not surprising, he who laughs last and all that. However, someone on these boards stated emphatically that Jay would never win a super bowl. Never is a big word when discussing a team sport like Da Foooosball Bobby Boucher

The Ever Glad New England Lost VIPER

I just called patent office. I now own "GaSes journalistic yurp^" for t shirts and bumper stickers. I'm gonna be rich baby!
Sorry to burst your bubble . Actually, YURP is Jay Ajayi's brand. He launched the brand with his brother Tayo in London when the Dolphins played the Saints last year.

Last edited:
Philly would have won the super bowl without Ajayi if we're being honest. Blount and Clement are very capable runners and Blount was running with a lot of purpose last night. The best he's run since the regular season. He certainly looked like a guy that wanted payback.

But the collective dealings the Dolphins have had with the Eagles, IMO, helped the Eagles get to the super bowl. Trading for two bad players in Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell and taking on that Maxwell contract that freed up cap space for the Eagles to sign free agents and re-sign their own players helped them. Trading picks allowing the Eagles to move up to 8 which then allowed them to move all the way up to 2 and select Carson Wentz helped them. And then the cherry on top was Ajayi, who didn't have a significant impact in the super bowl but he was helpful and he did help them during the season after Wentz got hurt.

Only thing you can do is tip your hat to Howie Roseman who's twice the GM and Executive VP of football operations that Mike Tannenbaum could ever hope to be. Roseman knows how to build a team.

He didn't until this year, but he's been in that organization a very long time and has had time to learn from his mistakes. I honestly believe this team would have been better off if we just stayed the course with Ireland, as he too showed an eye for talent and is now showing in NO that he has evolved as well. But I think the Eagles owner is much more patient and invested in the Eagles than our owner is in the Dolphins, and that imo, is the biggest difference between the two franchises and why ours has struggled so much.

Did drake not to do good? Am I missing something? We got rid of a player and another player stepped up. Looks like we’re trying to build a next man up mentality. If you don’t like it leave. Oh wait you already did. Learn to get what the defense gives you ajayi. He’s a very talented player but it’s just a matter of time before he’s Rob Gronkowski. Really good but playing with 3 extremities

No part of you is a Dolphin fan.

Why? For being happy for a guy that was blamed for our coach's incompetence? He was traded and bad mouthed. That's where the lack of class is - with Gase.

Philly loves him and he absolutely helped them win games. Not the only reason, but a reason.

Last edited:
Maybe the least surprising thing to ever happen. He ain't wrong.

He contributed to beating the Pats in the SB and people still proceed to trash him. The blind loyalty runs deep.

I personally have always hated the Eagles. Cowboys too. No particular reason that I can think of. It instantly melted after the game finished. The balls on Pederson and the look of dejection on Brady's goofy ass face saved what was just a nightmare football season for me. I'm including the Gators. I never would've thought Belichick would get out coached like that in a SB against a newbie coach and back up QB. He stayed aggressive (I probably would've ran it more ... especially on those 3rd and 1s ... but whatever) and trusted his back up to not turn the ball over. I wouldn't mind if the Pats went to every SB (while we suck) if I knew it would end like that. Beautimus.

He didn't until this year, but he's been in that organization a very long time and has had time to learn from his mistakes. I honestly believe this team would have been better off if we just stayed the course with Ireland, as he too showed an eye for talent and is now showing in NO that he has evolved as well. But I think the Eagles owner is much more patient and invested in the Eagles than our owner is in the Dolphins, and that imo, is the biggest difference between the two franchises and why ours has struggled so much.
Roseman did well before Chip Kelly and Chip Kelly pushed him out. He was GM from 2010 - 2014 and then moved up to VP of Football Operations in 2015 when they let Kelly take full control of the roster and the draft. Roseman then became GM again in 2016 as well as VP of Football Operations and he was the one that hired Pederson. Clearly Pederson and Roseman have better chemistry on personnel and the draft.

Ireland had 6 years man...enough is enough. He didn't have an eye for drafting. He's getting too much credit in New Orleans for the work that Mickey Loomis is doing, the guy who ultimately picks the players.

With limited touches, he had a decent game. Doesn't change the fact that he was the third best RB on the field for the Eagles.

3 Lost Fumbles, 2 Total TDs

Good for him getting a Lombardi, but I'm not going to miss him. Hopefully, his career will be longer not having to be an every down back.

To me his attitude about how good he thinks he is was primarily the South Florida media and fans kissing his ass after those 200 yard games last year. You could see it in interviews how he thought he was getting bigger than the team. They would put him in the class of the other running backs who had done that.... To much praise too fast. If you look at his yards per game minus those 3 games it's not too impressive if memory serves. Just sayin.

I am happy for Jay that he got his ring. Happy for the Eagles getting their first Super Bowl win. As far as the Dolphins go. Gase, Grier and Tannenbaum have a lot of work to do. They get a pass for 2017 due to losing their starting QB for the entire season. However they will be expected to field a winning team in 2018. Another losing season or even a .500 season and the heat will be turned up on them all.

I do think if we traded him for being disruptive we should have traded him to Cleveland.
Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. His trading was supposed reflect punishment and a cautionary warning to any other disruptive players; it sure didn't work out that way. For the crappy pick we received in return, I'd have rather taken a mid 5th rounder to situate him on a bottom-feeder team as we were getting a relative pittance anyway.

You hit the nail on the head. Aqua colored glasses in vogue around here. Gase let his ego get jilted out of at least a 3rd and possible 2nd round pick for Ajayi. We lost this year because of Cutler not Ajayi .

Back
Top Bottom