Ajayi takes ANOTHER parting shot.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by miamidolphins83, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

Which was 2 more tds on 75 less carries than Ajayi.

For a big strong back, why didn't Philadelphia trust Ajayi with goal line runs?

Csonked Out and Ray R like this.
  2. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

Need to know your assignments better in the red zone.

3. superphin

superphin close your eyes, see that? no your eyes are closed Finheaven VIP

Blount had 18 tds last year and 2 this year and Ajayi had 8 last year and 1 this year. Did two running backs who produced 26 combined rushing TD's last year all of a sudden become drastically less effective within the span of a year or it possible that the Eagles just have gave them fewer opportunities in the RZ due to scheme/play calling/other factors.

Ray R and Hooligan like this.
  4. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

You are correct the Eagles gave them fewer opportunities but that still doesn't explain why Ajayi only had 4 carries inside the 10 yard line all year.

DolfanDuBbZ~ and Ray R like this.
  5. -=DolfanDave=-

-=DolfanDave=- A True Fan

If trading Ajayi "helped" the eagles beat the pats in the SB, I'd make that move a million times over.

We weren't 1 solid RB away from competing for a championship, so don't make it seem like that trade killed us.

DolfanDuBbZ~, Ray R and DolfanISS like this.
  6. superphin

superphin close your eyes, see that? no your eyes are closed Finheaven VIP

How about this last year we had 108 plays inside the RZ we threw 51 passes and had 55 runs...pretty balanced.
    This year we had 101 plays inside the RZ we threw 71 passes and had 27 rushes...not so balanced.

Last year we had 56 plays inside the 10 we threw 23 passes and had 32 runs...not too bad
    this year we had 48 plays inside the 10 we threw 36 passes and had 10 runs...no so balanced.

So to answer it was due to bad play calling by Gase who decided that throwing the ball inside the RZ at an almost 3 to 1 ratio and over a 3 to 1 ratio inside the 10 with Jay freaking Cutler was a good idea. Jay Cutler who had 3 RZ int's compared to 0 from Tanny last year, Jay Cutler who had a RZ qb rating of 84.2 compared to 121.7 by Tanny last year, Jay Cutler who completed 56.3% of RZ passes compared to 72.5% by Tanny. So bad play calling for the L.

gofins60 and Hooligan like this.
  7. spiketex

spiketex Kiko, El Bravo 47 - the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

I think that it depends on what we do with that 4th round Draft pick gift wrapped from Philadelphia. Ajayi wasn't happy and wasn't doing the job that Coach Gase expected. He wanted to see what he has in Kenyon Drake. I have no problem with Gase making the decision to move on from Ajayi and giving Drake an opportunity.

Ray R likes this.
  8. Jimi

Jimi The World Is Yours

Isn't it the last pick in the 4th anyway? Either way i don't think you can judge trades like that. If you get lucky and strike gold with a late pick that's great but it doesnt mean you got good value for the trade.

And if it just isnt working that's fine, but the good teams aren't the ones selling off their assets for bargain bin prices. Also there's no reason kenyon and ajayii couldn't have both played. Plenty of teams successfully implement a committee. Its almost criminal how little we were using him

9. TarHeelFinFan

TarHeelFinFan Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire

No, we got their pick from Minnesota. Still a low pick. We took a fifth round pick and flipped him for a fourth though, that’s not too bad. Running backs are not particularly valuable on the trade market. And there is a reason Drake and Ajayi couldn’t both play, Ajayi was already bitching about carries. If Drake started taking more and more carries from Ajayi he’d have been an even bigger locker room cancer. Ajayi behaved himself in Philly because he was on a new team and they were successful all year. As soon as Philly faces some adversity he will go back to bitching about carries given Philly’s platoon system.

Ray R and NBP81 like this.
  10. 39wildman

39wildman A True Fan

U can expect guy to talk back after a team let u go. Then you turn around win Superbowl. I knew that was going happen. It could be worse...you should of trade him to Cleveland....Ajay will not be happy in Philly because they have to much running back. He need carried ball 15 time a game.

Ray R likes this.
  11. Jimi

Jimi The World Is Yours

If so im with you. But right now we're going on not much more than rumors.

Either way making a good pick then trading him for peanuts while on a cheap deal kind of cancels itself out.

12. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Finheaven VIP Donator

Him walking out on a game in which we came back 2 scores to win, because he wasn't getting enough carries happened, it's not a rumor...

13. Finuk

Finuk FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Which game was that?

14. andyahs

Against the Jets. Took himself out because the team was throwing in a comeback win.

Ray R likes this.
  15. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

It’s hope this is the last Ajayi thread. I thought he would be out stud back for 3 or 4 years. I was wrong, OH WELL.

Jay Ajayi is happy now, how could he not be. Let's see what happens as time goes on and he's not getting the lion share of the carries in Philly. Time will tell if he acts childish again but my guess is he will. He's gun ho now, traded to a new team that was the best in the NFL.

Ray R likes this.
  16. Finuk

Week 7? Where is the proof?
    Just watched the end of the game, and he's on the field for the Stills TD. He then runs the ball 3 times after the Int to get closer and put the ball right in the middle of the field for the FG. Thats the last play the Offence runs.

phintim, Jimi and Ray R like this.
  17. Hooligan

Hooligan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

How is Ajayi any worse than the four ex-Dolphin players that posed with the middle finger salute with their SB rings on after winning with the patriots, then sending the pictures to the Dolphins. That, was far more "in your face."

phintim, HeyHoLet'sGo and superphin like this.
  18. andyahs

Never said he stopped playing and never went back in. He walked off the field complaining the team wasn't giving him enough run plays during a comeback.

19. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

Too bad hes the 3rd best back in their backfield, contributed very little to their SB win and probably will be traded again before next season. His attitude sucks balls.

Ray R likes this.
  20. Finuk

You said he took himself out of the game. Mike Wallace took himself out of his last game for us, thats a big difference to walking off and being a bit pissed about not getting the ball enough. In the words of the legendary Coach McGinty, winners want the ball when the game is on the line.

As a british fan of the Dolphins, I'm proud that the Dolphins took him, I was proud when he became a star for the team, and I'm proud he's won a Superbowl. I was lucky enough to meet him over here, and he came across as a great guy. That was before he hit the big time, so he may have changed since then.

If people want to slag him off, then fine. But as far as I can see, most of what is said is unsubstantiated and based on rumour. He was heated, and he didn't mind talking back to Gase, that I get. But most of the other crap, is just that. Crap.

phintim, Yessir and superphin like this.
  21. andyahs

When play calling is designed with a player to be in position and you walk off the field on your own pouting then yes he quit on his team over selfish reasons.

Anyway glad he's gone and happy he won a SB.

Ray R likes this.
  22. terphin

terphin A True Fan

good for Ajayi, he docent play for us anymore, who cares

Ray R likes this.
  23. ohall

ohall A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan. Finheaven VIP

I'm glad it worked out for all parties involved. Sorry Ajayi still feels wronged.

24. kangphin

kangphin Scout Team

He helped keep New England from winning another ill-gotten ring. IMO, good trade even if we had received nothing.

Ray R likes this.
  25. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

Yes the Dolphins threw more in the red zone this year than last year, as did the Eagles, but that still doesn't explain why Ajayi only had 4 carries inside the red zone in the 16 games he played. Blount had 17.

I'm happy for Ajayi but could the criticism of him always looking for the big play have something to do with it?

Ray R and miamidolphins83 like this.
  26. josephreese

josephreese Since '76

I'd prefer that Jay enjoy his success without looking backward and casting stones at my favorite team. I cheered for him when he was here. When he posts things like this, however, it makes it harder for me to be happy for him.

27. ColoradoFin

ColoradoFin Well-Known Member

Who gives a ****? It’s like guys who wonder who their ex is dating or what she is saying. You just move on.

Ray R likes this.
  28. lurking

lurking FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

My take is, let's take a crap on the franchise that gave me 2 of the best opportunities in life

Ray R likes this.
  29. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

Maybe someone should remind Jay, if the Dolphins were trying to punish him, they would not have sent him to a team that had a chance to win the Super Bowl.

Ray R likes this.
  30. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer Tape Guys vs Analytics Guys Finheaven VIP Donator

Was reported by Peter Schrager on Sirius XM Radio. Is that proof going to be good enough for you? I don't know. It wasn't the only incident, though.

31. Jimi

Jimi The World Is Yours

Is even that proven?

32. Elle Clouds

Elle Clouds A True Fan

If you actually read what I wrote, you'd agree that he was one of the best components on the DOLPHINS offense. Ajayi then Landry/Stills were the top playmakers on this team on offense.

superphin likes this.
  33. miamidolphins83

miamidolphins83 Well-Known Member

Who cares? That's now old news, clearly, the organization didn't believe he could pick up on the success of that year.

I'm genuinely curious to see if Ajayi runs for more than 1,000 yards next year, and if so at least 4 YPC.

I just wonder if there is more going on with that knee. I don't think Miami has egg on their face yet for trading him based on the success of Drake and Ajayi VERY mediocre year from an individual performance standpoint.

Ray R likes this.
  34. CedarPhin

CedarPhin King of the Winter Carnival Finheaven VIP

Any chance we can just get Blount? I'd take a combo of Blount and Drake over Ajayi and Drake, in all honesty. Probably would be more cost effective and more durable, too.

35. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs UCF 13-0 Finheaven VIP Donator

Honestly, **** that guy. After hearing stories of him coming out (punch incident) and some other talk of him being selfish and an *******, I don't really want that guy in our locker room.

Ray R likes this.
  36. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

I like Ajayi, but he needs to be happy with his current situation and let the past go.

Ray R likes this.
  37. pacresjt

pacresjt Well-Known Member

In the end he went to a good team who had his exact carbon copy in Blount. He averaged 7 carries for that team. I dont think he helped them get over the top, if he was that good he would have eventually surassed Blount as the starting back but Blount even started the SB. He did a great job in 16, thanks for that but Lets see if he gets that next big contract. I don’t think he will. I foresee him bouncing around 2-3 more teams fighting off injuries like in 16 as a featured back and a career which amounts to squat with one astrick as a SB winning back up RB. 7 years and done, never getting a big payday. That’s my guess.

Ray R likes this.
  38. pacresjt

pacresjt Well-Known Member

PS, I would love to pick up Blount. Thought we should have gone after him when Tenn let him go and he ended up with the Pats. Liked him since his Oregon days. That knock out punch to the Boise player was classic passion. I know I’ll Get haters for that but I just loved that, always makes me smile just thinking about it.

39. Csonked Out

Csonked Out FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I still laugh that New England picked Gills over him. I think New England would have won if they had Blount. That was a bad move that Bill made.

40. ladeback

ladeback Seasoned Veteran Finheaven VIP

I love how most of these idiots claim god as some kinda homie who has their back and is laughing along with them. "ONLY GOD"...the **** does that bullshit mean?