Akeem Spence To The Fins | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Akeem Spence To The Fins

You might want to look at the post you're defending as logical. It's not like the post would be mistaken by something from Aristotle. Besides that, this isn't a semantic debate on superstring theory. It's a Dolphins fan forum.

But logically? From 2008-2017, there have been 13 seventh round picks. Exactly zero are on the Fins active roster. Nobody before 2016 is even on the practice squad. One person is currently active on an NFL team - Rishard Matthews. Now...if you want to debate that trading away a 7% chance of landing a player who would contribute as much to the team in 2020 as Rishard Matthews did in 2014...is not worth trading for a DT who has a much better chance of contributing to the team *right away*...then go for it.

But someone suggesting that it was a really bad move, and enforcing that point by using "Lions trash" and "Tannen-bum" probably isn't going to incite a well thought-out response.
And this is what an actual logical post looks like

It never fails. Over reaction on two sides by some here. Giving away a 7th rd pick for a productive (even small) is good. He is NFL proven -vs- someone who isn't.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to see a reamed out over-medicated old hag pole dance?

Why would anyone be excited about a moronic loser DT who may not even make the 53? In fact, we should all be hoping they found a real winner in one of the undrafted free agents.

Really? What did Spence do to deserve this? You are way off base.

Akeem Spence had more production than any DT not named Suh on the Dolphins roster in 2017.

Was rather hoping we'd trade the 7th round conditional draft pick for Aaron Donald or Gerald McCoy. Or optionally draft a Hall of Famer like Shannon Sharpe in the 7th round.

But what can you do? So I'll just complain here on a message board.

Akeem Spence had more production than any DT not named Suh on the Dolphins roster in 2017.

Was rather hoping we'd trade the 7th round conditional draft pick for Aaron Donald or Gerald McCoy. Or optionally draft a Hall of Famer like Shannon Sharpe in the 7th round.

But what can you do? So I'll just complain here on a message board.
Brother you can always join VIP. Have a great day! John

And I knew exactly who'd they be before I opened the thread. Predictable as the morning sun
Absopositively! No one wants a single-minded forum and diverse opinion and debate is healthy. No one should have a problem with that.

But there are a predictable gaggle of posters who it seems never never never posts anything positive, enthusiastic or hopeful. I'd be surprised that for some, this is a hard-wired default personality disposition that may get manifested on FH, but transcends from IRL.. Easy to speculate who may transport their overhanging dark cloud-persona into the forum but it gets old after a few years of samo samo. I'm sure I'm not speaking for only myself when I say that "misery does NOT love company!"

Why would anyone be excited about a moronic loser DT who may not even make the 53? In fact, we should all be hoping they found a real winner in one of the undrafted free agents.

Alright, I get it now. This is a troll account right? Just here to piss on everyone no matter what.

I wonder about how bad, the explosion would have been on Finheaven, IF Miami had drafted Vita Vea? I expecting Miami or more specifically Tannenbaum, to over spend on Hankins, once Miami selected Fitzpatrick. But somehow, someway, they found a way to trade for Spence. While he’s not Suh or Vea, for that matter, he’s still a servicable rotational DT with 2 years remaining on his deal. A cheap deal for a guy that knows the system and has been productive in it, albeit, only 1 season, but still productive and is only 26. Not Bad!!!

Why would anyone in their right mind want to see a reamed out over-medicated old hag pole dance?

:poop

Some members here are so hard-wired towards negativity that if you inform them, they've won a million dollars they'd be pissing and moaning that it wasn't 2 million. At this point, I'm used to the insanity.

I don't mind a negative inclination. In fact, given the last 20 years and the track record of the HCs, I understand it completely. My problem are those who are blindly negative. They can see NO positives. Baker will get killed due to his size. There is no positive. Fitz may be good, but Miami should have moved up for a QB. There are even people still reliving the Long/Ryan debate. I suspect most here can see the positives AND negatives and have an inclination one way or another. I place little value on those who can't see complete pictures.

As for Spence, I think he's a good pickup. Little cost and his body of work in the NFL suggests he's worth what Miami paid. No, he's not an AllPro. No, he can't help the run D by himself. But, for the price, any complainers apparently want All-Pros or nothing.

Back
Top Bottom