Akeem Spence To The Fins | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Akeem Spence To The Fins

Just looked him up - nice stats for a rotational DT. Feels like a nice pickup. F 7th round picks.

The overall track record of a 7th round pick VS a serviceable player at a need position is an overall win, period. It is somewhat nauseating to hear the same squeaky wheels whine their totally predictable dribble, but without the bad there is no good debates.

Glad we traded for the guy as I think he will be a good addition to a unproven position group. That being said, I may have taken James Looney from Cal (pick 232) in the 7th over the kicker (229).

More like the Dolphins got Smythe and Spence for a player that was going to leave and get you no compensation at all.

This times 1,000. Someone remind me again how Juice had ALL the leverage with the contract situation? We got 2 players (on multi-year contracts) to fill roles that we really need, and Juice now lives in CLEVELAND. If that doesn't indicate that we gave ourselves leverage and used it appropriately with Jarvis's situation, then maybe some people need to look up what the definition of leverage is! Had we not tagged Juice, we most definitely lose him in FA, and with the additions we had, probably don't get a comp pick. The Franchise tag is the only way a team can give themselves leverage over a star players career, and I'm thrilled Miami's FO executed it perfectly with the Juice situation. They have had a fantastic off-season, now we just need the boys to produce on the field. Gase will make it happen, he's too competitive to have another awful season.

Last edited:
I've been around Dolphin forums since well before CKP bought his first sweater-vest, and one thing that has always been with us are the Jim Rome knowitalls who splash bad karma and whining all over the rest of us.
Just pat them on the head and say, 'there there...'

Spence is gonna help this team. He's a high character, good rotational player with capacity to spot start, who fits the scheme. And he can plug right in on a max mental level, unlike any 7th round pick that has to be developed. (Heck, with Miami's track record, even 1st round picks have to be developed for years -- and players that cost three draft picks, lol. Sit on bench, suck up roster spot, have zero high level talent and poor mental grasp of position -- for YEARS! All because Milkshake Mike decided the talent was worth three draft picks, lol).

Nope. This ain't that. Spence is a great return on a 7th round pick at a position of high need. Desperate need for depth here. And he helps.

He's also gonna help the mental makeup of the team -- which is not a small thing. TEAM of mental winners with actual decent talent will eventually be a team of playoff wins.

Lots to be happy about with the direction of this draft. And Spence added later is a good thing too. Finally getting some explosion and speed across the board. First time since JJ. When Parcells took over, Miami started valuing slow and stupid, and have only started to come out of the dark ages. Glad Spence is on board, and glad for the draft.

LD

All because Milkshake Mike decided the talent was worth three draft picks, lol).

Speaking of whom (one of them), I hope that they finally either cut Caroo in training camp or give him some real playing time in games. He's been a complete waste of a roster spot.

You posted before I completed my post.

Lol. Ditto me as well! Glad I read before I made the thought sound novel. I will give them credit, it was a gamble and it paid off to the extent of getting something for a player they had no intention of keeping anywhere near that dollar value. Few teams execute that type of trade.

So we have Durham Smythe and Akeem Spence to show for compensation for the Jarvis Landry trade. Let's hope they are productive players.

And Albert Wilson, Danny Amendola , and Josh Sitton with all the money saved from not signing Jarvis Landry to that ridiculous contract.

Back
Top Bottom