Akeem Spence To The Fins | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Akeem Spence To The Fins

Good stuff, especially for a 7th rounder.

I don't think I could ever be that bothered with losing a 7th rounder, even if tennanbaum tripped up it fell out of his pocket and rolled under the sofa never to be seen again

We gave away a 7th round pick.....we're doomed now. There's no way we can ever recover from this....smh

I looked at the roster on the team website the other day, the one position that stuck out to me as a weakness was DT. Gonna have to re-evaluate that now. Most under-rated team in the league, can't wait for the season to start...

So, when a logical, fact-based opinion is expressed about a trade that doesn't agree with some people, they're called "negative" and "insane".
Discuss the facts and points that were presented. But some are unable to discuss logically, so they name-call.
Grow up.
Please explain where that is in this thread. All I saw was he is trash, we overspent or we wasted a valuable pick.

None of those are close to logical.

Holy moly...reading through these comments. No one thinks Spence is the savior. Understand he is just another rotational guy. Hes not a world beater. Hes a decent player that in the right position(I would bet KK is going to put him in the right spot) provides some solid pass rush from the middle. Stop making this more than what it is. We may still go out June 1st and grab a run plugger to add to the rotation.

The thing is that Spence will compete for a starting spot and don't be surprised if he supplants Phillips as the starter.
The wide nine seems to bring out the best in him; hence his better play last year and who is to say that he can't get better?
Good to hear more and better info on the guy.

More Lions trash. He should not be trading future picks. Doesn't matter if it's late round. I can't stand Tannen-bum. I would like to go one draft with all our picks.
really? trash? this is a great deal, he played well last year with 3 sacks, FF, 39 tackles...he took a pay cut to stay with Detroit before being traded for a 7th round pick...he is a nice addition to our young stable of DTs....some of you guys are just complaining to complain

You all can bash me all you want. I have watched the guy play. My two buddies are TB fans and Lions fans. The guy is below average. Has also been suspended. I would rather have not traded future picks and address DT after June 1st. I fully supported this draft. Those claiming some people just want to bitch don't know Jack. Go research him. Below average in my opinion. Even for a 7th. All picks are valuable.
your opinion is your opinion...we needed DL depth, he is a potential starter, and for a 7th round pick...who is the last 7th round pick we had that contributed/started? well worth the value, I get it we should not be trading away picks like baseball cards but this is a 7th rounder...we gotta keep in mind his contract is essentially 2 years at 2.5 million...that is worth a 7th rounder

Do i need to be that guy? Spence only had 1 less sack then Suh and started less games.

yes-that-just-happened-and-we-all-let-it-happen.jpg
amen

Last edited:
Miami could have signed or drafted Stormy Daniels for halftime pole dancing and they’d still complain!!! Tannenbaum is warrented complaints 99.9% of the time but not this time. This as a good value that fills a need.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to see a reamed out over-medicated old hag pole dance?

Why would anyone be excited about a moronic loser DT who may not even make the 53? In fact, we should all be hoping they found a real winner in one of the undrafted free agents.

So, when a logical, fact-based opinion is expressed about a trade that doesn't agree with some people, they're called "negative" and "insane".
Discuss the facts and points that were presented. But some are unable to discuss logically, so they name-call.
Grow up.

You might want to look at the post you're defending as logical. It's not like the post would be mistaken by something from Aristotle. Besides that, this isn't a semantic debate on superstring theory. It's a Dolphins fan forum.

But logically? From 2008-2017, there have been 13 seventh round picks. Exactly zero are on the Fins active roster. Nobody before 2016 is even on the practice squad. One person is currently active on an NFL team - Rishard Matthews. Now...if you want to debate that trading away a 7% chance of landing a player who would contribute as much to the team in 2020 as Rishard Matthews did in 2014...is not worth trading for a DT who has a much better chance of contributing to the team *right away*...then go for it.

But someone suggesting that it was a really bad move, and enforcing that point by using "Lions trash" and "Tannen-bum" probably isn't going to incite a well thought-out response.

Back
Top Bottom