Akeem Spence To The Fins | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Akeem Spence To The Fins

Anyone who criticises the deal value is an idiot, particularly with the reworked contract.

But fans have a right to ask if this is enough to fill out our DT rotation. Spence is a solid rotational guy, who has moments of greatness and moments of low involvement (aka Jordan Phillips Syndrome). Godchaux showed a lot of promise, but is raw. Those three guys between them can do a job for you over a game. Taylor and Gabe Wright? Wouldn't want them to be playing many downs in key situations.

Hayes to slide inside on some 3rd down packages? Why not. But again, you wouldn't want to be projecting him into solving any problems for you.

It looks a little shaky still to me, as a group. If all 3 of Spence, Godchaux and Phillips take a decent step forward from Game 1, we'll be absolutely fine. But that's quite a big ask, especially under a new line coach.

We're all excited about our LB/safety group. I hope they get to show off what they can really do and hot have to spend all game mopping up the leaks through the DI. That's why I want this DT group to be at least rock solid, if not spectacular. Currently, it looks a bit feast or famine.

don't forget also, we might still not be done. especially if someone just falls into our laps come june 1st once we get the money. my big question is, can a player be traded twice in a season. that would appease even more people (prob not, more people would complain) imagine if say hankins agreed to a 1 year prove it deal with us very a very reasonable amount, and then come preseason we could flip Spence for a 7th rounder..... so since spence would not be on our opening day roster (don't know exact conditions of trade), we could get our 7th round pick back, and we could flip him to another team for their 7th. so we'd get a 7th round pick just for feeding the guy during the offseason. so the draftnuts would see 3-7's to build our franchise around ;), the guys who think hes useless would see him get replaced by a better player at slightly larger cost, and the complainers would be pissed that we didn't trade him sooner because he took preseason and practice reps from gabe wright (yall know it would happen)..

But as for me, im not excited about the pick up, but im relieved because DT was my biggest worry left on squad. hes not gonna be a suh but hes sure as heck not a many wright. so im all on board without a peep of complaints for me. I still hope my first paragraph comes true so maybe less people will be upset though :-)

He’s obviously making the team and seeing plenty of playing time, so I’m pretty sure next year, we’re not gonna say, damn I wish we had that 7th rnd Pick to grab a scrub that’ll never make the team.

Guys this was the other Landry pick acquired. So its not even our original pick. We still have that

Great signing, 7th round is a crapshoot anyway. If his former coach wants him back, he must've been doing something right. Welcome to Miami Akeem!

Well we needed another DT, alot of us felt that way, and they went after someone the D coaches have a connection to.
Then Tdum should've just drafted a DT (which could've been done in the early rounds of the draft).
Some here saying a 7th rounder wouldn't be better than Spence. First, we don't know that. Second, if we simply drafted a DT in the EARLY rounds, we could've gotten a younger, more talented, and less expensive DT, in the EARLY rounds.
Instead, Tdum drafts 2 TE's and 2 Defensive Backs. We didn't need two of each at those positions. Needed to draft 1 DT.
Now, we're without a draft pick next year. That's Tdum.

Last edited:
Then Tdum should've just drafted a DT.
Instead, he drafts 2 TE's and 2 Defensive Backs. Didn't need two of each at those positions. Needed to draft a DT.
Now, we're without a draft pick next year. That's Tdum.
A 7th rounder?! Omg what are we ever gonna do without that extra 7th

A 7th rounder?! Omg what are we ever gonna do without that extra 7th
Tom Brady was a 6th rounder, and there's been many successful 7th rounders.
Also, don't forget that 7th rounders can be used as ammunition to either trade for a player, or trade when drafting.
Here's a list of successful late round picks:http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d8286886b

Tom Brady was a 6th rounder, and there's been many successful 7th rounders.
Also, don't forget that 7th rounders can be used as ammunition to either trade for a player, or trade when drafting.
Here's a list of successful late round picks:http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d8286886b
Meh you know how rare that is? Spence is better then anybody you'd get in the 7th in all likelihood. He's no scrub

So, when a logical, fact-based opinion is expressed about a trade that doesn't agree with some people, they're called "negative" and "insane".
Discuss the facts and points that were presented. But some are unable to discuss logically, so they name-call.
Grow up.

I really don't get the dislike. Some of you dislike everything just because. We used an extra 7th we got from the Landry trade to get the DT we needed. As far as not drafting one this year? I'm glad we didn't reach and got the players we wanted. Now we added DT depth for cheap. Do i need to post the odds of a 7th rounder becoming anything?

And guess what? We still have our 7th for next year

Miami could have signed or drafted Stormy Daniels for halftime pole dancing and they’d still complain!!! Tannenbaum is warrented complaints 99.9% of the time but not this time. This as a good value that fills a need.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom