AL and NL manager of the year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AL and NL manager of the year

MikeO said:
AL--Jim Leyland (if Detroit totally collapses this final month though, then Joe Torre will slip in and steal it)

NL--Jerry Narron (in the playoffs or not, with that pitching staff the fact he has them where they are is good enough)

I know you hate the Marlins and Loria and all that, Mike, but by that logic, you're proving why Girardi should win it.

I agree, Narron was given nothing in his pitching staff and has his team competing. Girardi wasn't given anything, either, but that extended to his entire lineup as well. Reds have Griffey and Dunn, Marlins have Cabrera and Willis (arguably Florida's worst starter all year for those who are currently in the rotation). Girardi had no one at all anywhere. Narron was given a powerful everyday lineup.

RWhitney014 said:
I know you hate the Marlins and Loria and all that, Mike, but by that logic, you're proving why Girardi should win it.

I agree, Narron was given nothing in his pitching staff and has his team competing. Girardi wasn't given anything, either, but that extended to his entire lineup as well. Reds have Griffey and Dunn, Marlins have Cabrera and Willis (arguably Florida's worst starter all year for those who are currently in the rotation). Girardi had no one at all anywhere. Narron was given a powerful everyday lineup.

I don't hate the Marlins. My god you guys are so friggin sensative!! But when a team draws NO fans (even when they win) and the team just has fire sales every other year, I will call them a JOKE. Because they are just that. It has nothing with hating a team or franchsie. It's just calling it like I see it!!

And I can't consider Girardi for anything until that team is over .500. And the fact he plays in the WORST division in baseball hurts too. That division being so bad will prevent Willy Randolph from getting the award. It will prevent Girardi from even being considered.

I agree with Leyland in the AL.
For me it's Girardi in the NL. The Marlins were supposed to lose 100+ games this year. A good portion of this team had no business being out of the minors yet.

If the Twins make the playoffs I think Ron Gardenhire should win it. In the NL alot has to do what happens the rest of the season. I can't really give any manager credit because I don't think any of the teams are very good besides the Mets. If the Phillies end up winning the WC maybe Charlie Manuel gets some votes. Maybe Joe Girardi gets some votes which could be bittersweet for Marlins fans if Loria cans him at the end of the year.

The thing you have to think about is who did the most with the least, and got the most out of his players, and put them in position to win. Because thats what a great manager does

To me in the NL thats Girardi

Alex44 said:
The thing you have to think about is who did the most with the least, and got the most out of his players, and put them in position to win. Because thats what a great manager does

To me in the NL thats Girardi

I actually think Managers do very little. Talent wins out, a great GM is what makes teams successful not a great manager.

Alex44 said:
No I said teams in contention dont put words in my mouth.

BTW the marlins have been one of the best teams in the NL (behind the Mets, or maybe ahead of them now) At 52-35 since starting off 11-31, and are only 3 back of the wildcard

Not to mention have the best pitching out of ANY of the teams in contention now

damn can u not read what it says how the F*** did i put words in ur mouth I said I thought yeah thought wrong

djfresh47 said:
I actually think Managers do very little. Talent wins out, a great GM is what makes teams successful not a great manager.

A former major leaguer once told me that out of 162 games a good manager will win 5 games and lose 5 games, the other 152 are up to the players.

It would be funny to see Grady Little win the NL manager of the year and then have the Red Sox miss the playoffs!!!

On some level thats funny

MikeO said:
It would be funny to see Grady Little win the NL manager of the year and then have the Red Sox miss the playoffs!!!

On some level thats funny

Why would that be funny?

Perfect23 said:
damn can u not read what it says how the F*** did i put words in ur mouth I said I thought yeah thought wrong

First off calm down.

Second off the way you said it I thought you were sarcasticly mocking me for what I said

Third off stay calmed down, no big deal

cause you ran him out of town for losing the 2003 ALCS when it wasn't his fault. In all honesty it wasn't.

Now he rebounds and shows the world how good of a manager he is. While Francona did win in 2004, but take away a few weeks in that October he has been a disaster ever since.

It's a little FU from Grady if he wins manager of the year. That's funny

Alex44 said:
First off calm down.

Second off the way you said it I thought you were sarcasticly mocking me for what I said

Third off stay calmed down, no big deal

yeah it is a big deal

djfresh47 said:

Managers need to get the mental part of the game down for the players (especially young ones) Pinch hit in the right spot, go to the bullpen in the right spot, keep the players head up

IMO managers do a lot more than people seem to give them credit for, If a manager gets his players to play 110% he is a great manager IMO and he will win more games

Back
Top Bottom