AL MVP is...... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AL MVP is......

MikeO said:
2) Game Winning RBI's this year..........Ortiz 22 ARod 21. That pretty much offset the "CLUTCH" thing that Ortiz had going for him.

To be fair a GW RBI can occur in the 1st inning which isn't exactly clutch.

CATEGORY ORTIZ (AL RANK) RODRIGUEZ (AL RANK)
Avg. with RISP .352 (7) .290 (46)
RBIs with RISP 94 (4) 77 (8)
Avg. with RISP/2 outs .368 (5) .302 (36)
Go-ahead RBIs 34 (1) 28 (6)
Close situations* .346 (5), 11 HR, 33 RBIs .293 (41), 4 HR, 12 RBIs
Vs. arch-rival .296, 5 HRs, 19 RBIs vs. NY .271, six HRs, 11 RBIs vs. Bos

I will take quality over quantity everytime...

I think plaing a great 3B put ARod over the top, argue all yuo want but he's a complete player which Ortiz is not. I would not have had a problem if Ortiz won and I don't think anyone should have a problem w/ ARod winning it. We all know that's what he's about, he's not about winning and chokes when we need him most. I couldn't care less about him winning it. I was rooting hard for Mariano to win the CY(and he was robbed) but I don't care at all about the MVP.

MikeO said:
It's a regular season award genius!:shakeno:
I know that, Einstein.

I was saying that because he disappeared in the playoffs, it SHOWED he wasn't an MVP. A true MVP plays that way all the time. I didn't say the award was based on the playoffs.

Is that context simple enough for you to understand now, or should I have Bert, Ernie and Elmo come in and spell it out for you?

Maybe next time you can not be a tool, and make your point without the insult. Capiscé? :shakeno:

I'm a Yankees fan but the true standing go like this!

A-Rod - 0 rings
Ortiz- 1 ring

That's all that matters, at least to me!

clear.gif

I've got a simple question: why does anyone give a damn about the MVP awards in the first place? Haven't we seen enough bogus choices for both the MVP and Cy Young that there's little point in taking them seriously anymore? A year...hell, a week from now, are any Yankee fans seriously going to exercise their bragging rights over the MVP award?

Pagan said:
I know that, Einstein.

I was saying that because he disappeared in the playoffs, it SHOWED he wasn't and MVP. A true MVP plays that way all the time. I didn't say the award was based on the playoffs.

Is that context simple enough for you to understand now, or should I have Bert, Ernie and Elmo come in and spell it out for you?

Maybe next time you can not be a tool, and make your point without the insult. Capiscé? :shakeno:

:lol:

nyjunc said:
We'll see how far Grape Ape can carry them when manny is gone and they don't pitch to him.

oh, Manny is gone? you're sure of this? tell us, oh great one, where did you get conclusive evidence that this is a done deal?

i read just the other day that he'll likely be back with the Sox another year , at least... his posturing is nothing new... he's untradeable for any sane GM, given his price and age...

It's funny how Defense is what seperates the 2 players and in the National League Andrew Jones gets no love for playing the best defensive center field in baseball. Pujols plays a great 1st base, yipppee...

GreenMonster said:
It's funny how Defense is what seperates the 2 players and in the National League Andrew Jones gets no love for playing the best defensive center field in baseball. Pujols plays a great 1st base, yipppee...

It's just a bad excuse. Like others have said: did Jose Canceso's defense in the OF help the A's in 1990, or Frank Thomas in 1994, or Barry Bonds the last 3 times he won the award? They have an award for defense and it's a gold glove.

I don't think Arod winning the award is a joke I do however find his $1 million bonus for winning it a joke. The guy is the highest paid player in baseball and one of the top 3 or 4 players in the game, he SHOULD win the MVP award almost every year. Arod also has bonuses for making the All-Star team too. Man Boras is either a great agent or Tom Hicks is just a moron for allowing that in the contract (but I understand why he did it).

Back
Top Bottom