Alabama's Derrick Henry | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alabama's Derrick Henry

The voters who vote for it. And this guy....

1120536_800x450-1.jpg

McCaffrey was a worthy candidate, they all were. However, the constant complaining by non-Bama fans that he was somehow robbed of the award is an insult to Derrick Henry and the season he had. Over 2,000 rushing yards and 25 touchdowns is hard to beat. Henry carried his team against the top teams on the schedule. If that doesn't deserve the award, then nothing deserves it. McCaffrey had a chance to win it. Unfortunately, he had bad games against the best teams on Stanford's schedule.

Iowa is making him look like the best player that's ever played. What has become apparent is that teams like Iowa and Michigan St. are woefully short on athleticism. This Iowa team may be the most undeserved top 5 team that I've ever seen. I think most people who know college football already knew that. Iowa was just fortunate this year because their schedule was so easy. They avoided Ohio St. and Michigan, and lost to Michigan St. in the title game. This was a mini-bye for Stanford.

That's the #1 thing I noticed watching Bama dismantle Michigan State. Bama just looked faster and more athletic, like everywhere on the field. Michigan State's offensive line is pretty good, by Big 10 standards and Alabama's DL made them look like redshirt walk-ons; the whole lot of 'em. And I think I saw Cook come off of his first read twice all night. Hell he had decided where to throw that INT at the end of the first half before he even got everyone lined up for the snap. Clemson poses much more of a threat, especially athletically but I still think Alabama takes it. That front 7 is just so good and so much fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom