Albert Wilson 2017 Receptions Chart | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson 2017 Receptions Chart

You have to be good enough of a player to command that many targets in the first place.

Andy Reid never thought he was. No one on the Dolphins brain trust is smarter than Andy Reid. I promise you that.

Or just be on a crappy enough of a team that being the go to guy doesn't reflect much. You guys do realize that the player you're desperately holding a candle for is A) gone.... and B) with the freaking Cleveland Browns, bc he was SO game changing the team's were just fighting to sign him.
If you didn't catch that it was sarcasm bc of course there was no fight for him. You've overvalued him in your head and are letting emotion dictate.

You can't throw these stats out there like this without any context. It's meaningless. Albert Wilson is a mediocre receiver who is schemed open 24/7. No defensive coordinator is like "where is Albert Wilson" LMAO.

Meanwhile when Jarvis Landry played the Patriots,

Albert Wilson led the NFL in average separation and you're going to tell us he was schemed open 24/7? Do you have any proof of that?

Point being, one guy draws the assignment of the number 1 corner, and even double coverage in certain matchups, while the other is schemed open and gets the vast majority of his receptions against off coverage.

A TD to target ratio would imply that Kenny Stills is as potent of a receiver as Julio Jones, but nobody is stupid enough to believe that, right?

Albert Wilson cannot hold Jarvis Landry's jock strap.

This is simply not true... Parker faced the opponents top corner at a rate that leads the NFL...

You have to be good enough of a player to command that many targets in the first place.

Andy Reid never thought he was. No one on the Dolphins brain trust is smarter than Andy Reid. I promise you that.
Wonder how many targets Landry would get as a slot when the teams TE is Kelce and he's getting 120 targets...

Julius Thomas had 62 targets in 2017
Dion Sims had 35 in 2016
Jordan Cameron had 70 in 2015

Our lack of a good receiving TE is the biggest reason why our slot receiver got so many targets....

Last edited:
The one thing that scares me about Wilson is that he had 345 of his 554 yards in 4 games. He played at least 40% of the Chiefs offensive snaps in 12 games. I wonder if he was simply under utilized or just not getting open? I may not like the signing but congrats to him on getting a pretty good contract.

When you look at the attacking weapons KC had, and Hunt being a great RB who catches the ball so well, someone had too missout.

Solid pick imo. He will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom