Albert Wilson needs the ball | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson needs the ball

phin1984!

Active Roster
Reaction score
Would anyone else like to see Wilson out the backfield with Cox lead blocking? I thought he had a good game Sunday

Albert needs to stop dancing and take the ball north/south.
It's one of the things that makes players like Edleman so successful in the slot.
That guy doesn't waste steps.
It's always forward

I suppose with Cox in there would he have to? I would try him on a few sweeps etc
Yea, he's obviously not really a RB but hes always been a good player in the open field and a sort of jack of all trades. I'm not really that sure hes the same player he once was though.

Wilson's first full year of being a starting WR, and he went down with injury. Now, you want to put him in the I and bang him between the tackles? Come on man.

Wilson's first full year of being a starting WR, and he went down with injury. Now, you want to put him in the I and bang him between the tackles? Come on man.

Not full time but just find a way to put the ball in his hands more

Then Wilson needs to get open, without the help of some gimmick scheme. PERIOD

He's a gadget player, nothing more, that's the reason he had bloated yac in 2018. Team needs to decide on Wilson or Grant, one of them needs to be let go.

I don’t think he looks quite the same as he did last year personally

Like Daytona said, he’s a gadget player mostly. A far better receiver than grant but it would be nice if they were both healthy and to keep one of the two (probably Wilson tbh)

I think it was a redshirt year for Wilson. Seems like we kept him in bubble wrap. Let’s see how he looks in training camp and we go from there. I think he fits role as a gadget/ hybrid type who must be accounted for by the defense. He has value if healthy.

I think it was a redshirt year for Wilson. Seems like we kept him in bubble wrap. Let’s see how he looks in training camp and we go from there. I think he fits role as a gadget/ hybrid type who must be accounted for by the defense. He has value if healthy.
There are really two issues, IMO.

One is his contract. He makes too much as a gadget/role player. If he could double as a return guy or function as the primary slot receiver, it might be different.

The second is, can he stay healthy, to the point of being reliable?

Back
Top Bottom