Albert Wilson Renegotiated his Contract | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson Renegotiated his Contract

Good news for both sides. I thought he was a real weapon under Gase before he got hurt. Hopefully he can get back to they level and become a useful weapon for tua
This is just for 1 season. You assume that Tua is our QB this year, but I still think that we are rolling with Fitz in 2020. "The Beard" takes the hits while the O-line comes together and Tua waits, watches and learns how to be a professional and his body fully recovers.
If Albert Wilson is fully healthy, he is decent. I think that this renegotiation is a product of the Draft in that we just missed out on the prospect of drafting Brandon Aiyuk at #26 who was taken by the 49ers at #25 and then we immediately traded back to #30 and drafted a CB we really liked in Noah Igbinoghene. Albert Wilson coming back at the lower cost was essentially the backup plan for missing out on a WR with bigger upside, which now becomes a higher priority for the 2021 Draft.
Grier could have renegotiated this deal with Albert Wilson months ago, but waited until now. Why? Answer - because he wanted to see how things unfolded in the Draft and upgrading other positions like the O-line and the D-line were considered higher priorities than upgrading WR for 2020.

Last edited:
Wait, but he signed a contract. Isn't that what fans usually say?

Oh that's right. Management did it, so it's ok. ;)

Glad to have him back though. Hopefully, he'll be back to 2018 form.
That's the collectively bargained arrangement between players and teams. Players know when they sign a deal these are the rules. If contracts were all fully guaranteed, they would never get a contract like Wilson signed in the first place.

Was obviously going to happen. No way you’re leaving a slot receiver who has missed 10+ games in 2 years at a 10 million dollar cap hit.

That's the collectively bargained arrangement between players and teams. Players know when they sign a deal these are the rules. If contracts were all fully guaranteed, they would never get a contract like Wilson signed in the first place.

Correct. That's my point. The player also has the right to renegotiate as well.

Definitely a smart move by both sides. If he's healthy, he adds an excellent weapon to the offense and gives himself an opportunity for a bigger payday after this season. If he's not 100%, he's a relatively inexpensive depth guy who is still capable of a big play here and there.

I kinda had the feeling they would agree to something.... Wilson seems to like it here, coaching staff likes him. He's done everything right since being here.

Glad they worked this out. What he was set to make did not match the production on the field. He will be the speed guy tho and if he does well he'll get a new contract with us or with another team.

i like him enough to pay him a bit more for a multi-year deal (just a bit).

but $3mil vs. $9mil for 2020 is hard to nitpick.

Correct. That's my point. The player also has the right to renegotiate as well.
Lol. They have a “right” to ask but they cannot terminate the contract like the team can. Big difference. Ask Melvin Gordon how that worked out for him. All a player can do is withhold service.

Back
Top Bottom