Albert Wilson Renegotiated his Contract | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson Renegotiated his Contract

Clowney is not coming to the Dolphins. He has turned them down twice and he obviously doesn’t want to play in Miami or for this coaching staff. Fans on here berated Fitzpatrick for wanting out of Miami before he was traded to the Steelers yet they seem to still want to go after Clowney even though he had made it clear he doesn’t want to play for the Dolphins.
He turned them down once because he wanted to go somewhere to compete......we were far from that last year. He turned them down again for more money. Now he's stuck with no team. Trying to tie it to Fitzpatrick is a huge reach.

Facts.

Last edited:
I don't think this is is any guarantee that Wilson makes the team. Hes still got to battle it out with Ford, Hurns, Grant and Jennings, not to mention the kids they've brought in. If he looks like hes still a step slow and someone like Perry is lighting it up I think they'll err on the side of youth.
Hmmm.....

Seems like they gave Grant a far better contract than Wilson.

I'm not seeing the logic......

He had 1 injury that extended into 2 seasons.Dont know that means history.Wilson came on strong at end of year
hopefully he is back to 100%.Its basically a 1 year deal now,if we draft top tier speed slot next year we
simply let him walk and cash in on comp. value,Brilliant job once again by Grier.Hopefully that frees up money for
J.Peters sign him for 1 yr then let him walk too and once again cash in on comp.

Except he has never put up numbers to allow for a comp pick.

He turned them down once because he wanted to go somewhere to compete......we were far from that last year. He turned them down again for more money. Now he's stuck with no team. Trying to tie it to Fitzpatrick is a huge reach.

Facts.
No, he turned us down during FA'cy this year. He wanted more than we were willing to pay. I think we offered 17m a year. He wanted more. Apparently he priced himself out everyone's price as he wasn't able to get anyone to the 20 m Mark he wanted.

No, he turned us down during FA'cy this year. He wanted more than we were willing to pay. I think we offered 17m a year. He wanted more. Apparently he priced himself out everyone's price as he wasn't able to get anyone to the 20 m Mark he wanted.
Yes I said that. Last year and this year.

This move is a no-brainer.
This will be one of many contract restructurings. All of this is because we are getting Aaron Rodgers. Think about it.
A very spiteful QB, Rodgers chooses to play in the Florida sun under coach Flores. He will have us roll through the AFC East and go undefeated in the same year that Shula passes, to honor "The Don."
As a side bonus, Rodgers will train Tua and have him be prepared for his career.
What is not to like? Haha!

Hmmm.....

Seems like they gave Grant a far better contract than Wilson.

I'm not seeing the logic......

Wilson is likely to get around 17 mil for 3 years in Miami. Grant will be lucky to walk away with half that. In hindsight they both look like pretty bad deals and if Grant doesn't show up I could see the team swallowing a couple mil and walking away from him as well.

I can't remember ever seeing a Dolphin team with this much depth at wide receiver. I have no clue how they're going to sort through it all if there isn't a training camp.

Can’t imagine trading for Thuney after spending three high picks on the OL.
Just shows you how bad our O-line was last year. If any of those 3 rookies don't work out, we are still stuck with Karras and Dieter making up 40% of our line.

I'd like to think we won't need him, but it would be nice to know at least one of our guys will definetly be above average at their position.

Can’t imagine trading for Thuney after spending three high picks on the OL.

I think given our history, we don't realize the typical depth that is needed along the line. I'm not 100% comfortable going into 2020 with the line we have from a starter or depth perspective. I would be much happier with this situation:

LT: Jackson
LG: Flowers
C: Karras
RG: Thuney
RT: Hunt

Reserves: Davis, Kindley, Dieter, & scrubs

I think given our history, we don't realize the typical depth that is needed along the line. I'm not 100% comfortable going into 2020 with the line we have from a starter or depth perspective. I would be much happier with this situation:

LT: Jackson
LG: Flowers
C: Karras
RG: Thuney
RT: Hunt

Reserves: Davis, Kindley, Dieter, & scrubs

I agree completely. I think everyone would be happier with Thuney at RG. The debate is 'will it happen.'

Nonetheless, there is more cap with AW restructured. I think, at his new salary, he'll be worth the money and be productive.

Hip injuries can be very tricky to recover from for guys that rely on quick moves over elite speed. You could tell he wasn’t 100% when he came back last year. By the end of the season, especially week 17 vs the Pats, he was much more effective. An expected move, but it works out for both parties nonetheless.

You have tons of hate here, give me $100,000. We cool. Minus that. Bring the pain. I know what you can do. Own it for your fans!!!! Cutting your salary in understanding. Now I can respect a man standing up and owning it. mad respect. Still distrust, bring it.

Last edited:
Wilson was coming on a little bit at the end of the year. I think it's a good move.

3-4 million is proper value. Sounded like we went to him and said “take a pay cut or we will release you”.

He will need to be replaced next draft.

Back
Top Bottom