Albert Wilson Renegotiated his Contract | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson Renegotiated his Contract

That's the collectively bargained arrangement between players and teams. Players know when they sign a deal these are the rules. If contracts were all fully guaranteed, they would never get a contract like Wilson signed in the first place.

And there's also contingencies built in for when a player holds out. What's the difference? He's not allowed to play for other teams, but you can't force him to work for a certain wage.

I was hoping they would figure out a way to keep Wilson by restructuring his contract. He appeared to be regaining form at the end of last season and he will be a valuable asset at WR in the 2020 season. Good job by the front office and Wilson for coming up with a solution which benefits both sides.

He had 1 injury that extended into 2 seasons.Dont know that means history.Wilson came on strong at end of year
hopefully he is back to 100%.Its basically a 1 year deal now,if we draft top tier speed slot next year we
simply let him walk and cash in on comp. value,Brilliant job once again by Grier.Hopefully that frees up money for
J.Peters sign him for 1 yr then let him walk too and once again cash in on comp.
Sound thinking except Miami is highly unlikely to cash in on any compensatory draft picks next year. I expect they will use their cap money to address a few other needs, taking them out of any comp picks. Peters and Wilson would not sign for enough to get too excited anyways.

Could this be the $ opening they needed to trade for Thuney or sign Clowney?
It would appear to me, they have made other arrangements. I don't see it.

Anyway, while I think both can be good players, I don't think, Clowney in particular, they are worth the type of contract they want.

I thought we already had plenty of space. I think the issue with Clowney is he's asking for more money than any team seems to want to pay at this point.

Great news. He was coming on toward the end of the season. Under the new terms, it’s a no brainer to keep him.

There’s no reason why he shouldn’t be healthy. Really, he’s got a pretty compact, sturdy looking body. It is not like he is a frail,skinny dude. Maybe he is about to stay healthy now.

But he’s never put together a healthy, high volume season. That’s been the limiting factor with him. Let’s hope he changes that narrative.

I keep thinking about Clowney too. No way New England and Miami make a deal for Thuney at this point with what Miami invested in the position already. It would certainly be a good way to convince Wilson to take the cut and stay. "We're going to put this money to good use.." I doubt it went down that way but Clowney is still intriguing. They've clearly had interest in him so that has to be acknowledged.

I don't think this is is any guarantee that Wilson makes the team. Hes still got to battle it out with Ford, Hurns, Grant and Jennings, not to mention the kids they've brought in. If he looks like hes still a step slow and someone like Perry is lighting it up I think they'll err on the side of youth.

I thought we already had plenty of space. I think the issue with Clowney is he's asking for more money than any team seems to want to pay at this point.
Clowney is not coming to the Dolphins. He has turned them down twice and he obviously doesn’t want to play in Miami or for this coaching staff. Fans on here berated Fitzpatrick for wanting out of Miami before he was traded to the Steelers yet they seem to still want to go after Clowney even though he had made it clear he doesn’t want to play for the Dolphins.

I don't think this is is any guarantee that Wilson makes the team. Hes still got to battle it out with Ford, Hurns, Grant and Jennings, not to mention the kids they've brought in. If he looks like hes still a step slow and someone like Perry is lighting it up I think they'll err on the side of youth.
He looked very good in the last few games last year. It just took him a long time to fully recover from the hip injury he suffered during the 2018 season. That should be a lesson for all those who think Tua should play during the 2020 season. His hip surgery was much more serious than Wilson’s hip injury and expecting Tua to be able to come back and play less than a year after surgery really makes no sense at all.

Back
Top Bottom