ALIJAH VERA-TUCKER At 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ALIJAH VERA-TUCKER At 18

jjjjphin

Rookie
Reaction score
I know he is projected to go before 18. But I think he may drop due to positional of being an NFL guard.

What do you think about taking him at 18?

I am not thrilled with the edge rushers in at 18. I think 18 is too early for a rb.

I know he is projected to go before 18. But I think he may drop due to positional of being an NFL guard.

What do you think about taking him at 18?

I am not thrilled with the edge rushers in at 18. I think 18 is too early for a rb.
Who said he's projected go go before 18? I'll be surprise if he does actually. Good player but guards always seem to get pushed down and with 5 QB's, 4 WR/TE going high this year plus at least two and maybe even three OT's plus a LB and two corners, hard to see him going that high.

I imagine there could be some players who slip unexpectedly to #18.

Vera-Tucker is interesting because he has the versatility to play tackle or guard. I think most teams will view him at guard.

Jenkins, the RT from Oklahoma State, is a player I really like. He moves people in the run game. If Miami wants to commit to improving the rushing attack, Hunt and Jenkins on the right side would do it.

I do think Miami goes pass rusher or Collins there.

Who said he's projected go go before 18? I'll be surprise if he does actually. Good player but guards always seem to get pushed down and with 5 QB's, 4 WR/TE going high this year plus at least two and maybe even three OT's plus a LB and two corners, hard to see him going that high.

I'm projecting im getting drunk tonight.

If we go OL earlyish, it needs to be someone who will be true RT. Or a center

The next guy we can get after Sewell is slater. Slater is another guy with shorter arms than sewell lol so this long arm thing is getting more silly by the minute. It isn't a bad thing but a mark off to some teams. The RT and LT argument I covered it a few times in this forum. The front office can decide to put Jackson at RT no different than they decided to move hunt to RT from Guard. Assuming the team will have Jackson start at LT, the most feared pass rushers line up on the right hand side usually (think of TJ watts etc). Dickerson could be drafted in the 2nd round with pick 52. He's a huge tall center, but injuries are another thing. Slater being there at 18 if we can't get collins, or owusu.

The next guy we can get after Sewell is slater. Slater is another guy with shorter arms than sewell lol so this long arm thing is getting more silly by the minute. It isn't a bad thing but a mark off to some teams. The RT and LT argument I covered it a few times in this forum. The front office can decide to put Jackson at RT no different than they decided to move hunt to RT from Guard. Assuming the team will have Jackson start at LT, the most feared pass rushers line up on the right hand side usually (think of TJ watts etc). Dickerson could be drafted in the 2nd round with pick 52. He's a huge tall center, but injuries are another thing. Slater being there at 18 if we can't get collins, or owusu.
Truth!

Reactions: BSQ
I'm seeing that many prospects at oline are being ranked by their arm size now. For example, some draft experts now think slater can be a good center because he can play center. Now Sewell is now being looked at as a guard. The only problem I had with Sewell were how he plants his feet at times when defending against pass rushers. He run blocks like a bull for sure he has unique toughness. He was the best lineman in the country at age 19, and now he is 20 about to be 21. He looks like he packed more muscle from his last season everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom