All NBA Defensive Team anounced | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All NBA Defensive Team anounced

MARINO1384

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
NEW YORK, May 11, 2006 – Four-time Defensive Player of the Year Ben Wallace of the Detroit Pistons highlights the 2005-06 NBA All-Defensive Teams, the NBA announced today. Making his fifth consecutive appearance on the All-Defensive First Team, Wallace is joined by leading vote-getter Bruce Bowen of the San Antonio Spurs, named to the All-Defensive Team for the sixth consecutive season. Also selected to the First Team are forwards Andrei Kirilenko of the Utah Jazz, making his third All-Defensive Team appearance, and 2003-04 Defensive Player of the Year Ron Artest of the Sacramento Kings, named to the All-Defensive Team for the second time. Tying in votes received and rounding out the First Team are guards Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers and Jason Kidd of the New Jersey Nets, receiving their sixth and seventh All-Defensive honors, respectively.

http://www.nba.com/news/alldefensive_060511.html

Alex22 said:
Jason Kidd?

I lost all respect for the voters right there

??? He's the best defensive point guard in the league?

Alex22 said:
Jason Kidd?

I lost all respect for the voters right there

Right, b/c he hasn't been shutting down people all year long. He didn't hold the MVP to 0 points, didn't completely shut down Chauncy Billups. He had the best Steals per game among any of the other players chosen on the list. Why don't you look at Rebounds per game? Who has the best RPG among all the guards in the league. Jason Kidd by more than 2 a game then the next closest person. Why don't you do a little research and stop posting stupid comments..

mixmaster_matt said:
Right, b/c he hasn't been shutting down people all year long. He didn't hold the MVP to 0 points, didn't completely shut down Chauncy Billups. He had the best Steals per game among any of the other players chosen on the list. Why don't you look at Rebounds per game? Who has the best RPG among all the guards in the league. Jason Kidd by more than 2 a game then the next closest person. Why don't you do a little research and stop posting stupid comments..

Why dont you realize stats arent everything

Sure he has always been a great rebounding guard, but he gets taken of the dribble very easily, whenever he has faced a penetrating guard he was played poorly, he hasnt even been able to contain Jason Williams off the dribble

Thing is there are 6 guys on that team, you know why? Because Kobe and Kidd tied in votes

The voters are biased against Kobe that was easily shown by the MVP votes where he was left of some people ballots

Alex22 said:
Why dont you realize stats arent everything

I know stats aren't everything, but when it comes to making the Defensive team they make a huge difference.

Alex22 said:
Sure he has always been a great rebounding guard, but he gets taken of the dribble very easily, whenever he has faced a penetrating guard he was played poorly, he hasnt even been able to contain Jason Williams off the dribble

Right, b/c Steve Nash isn't a penetrating guard. How many points did he score against kidd? None. Billups? 10 points, 8 of which were in the final 3 minutes when kidd was out b/c the game was won. Kidd has made the team 7 times now. I guess those must be a fluke. And I don't really see Jason Williams killing Kidd right now. I guess those 11 turnovers in 2 playoff games have nothing to do with Kidd defending him. Once again, do some research, and know about the player before putting him down.

I don't know if I'd put Kobe on the first team. Not saying he's not a good defender, but I don't know if he's 1st team.

BTW, why no love for Gerald Wallace? only the 3rd player in history to average 15 ppg along with 2 blocks per game, and 2 steals per game, the only other players to ever do that are Hakeem and the Admiral. I know points aren't going to get you onto the All-Defensive team, and I know stats aren't everything, but how can you leave a guy that gets 2 bpg, and 2 spg off of that list?

The list is a fraud.

No Gerald Wallace?

No Dwayne Wade?

Jason Kidd?

Wade had more steals than Kidd and was among league leaders in blocks for guards...

I know you Nets fans like Jason Kidd...he is one of my favorites too. BUT come on..he can't guard quick guards anymore..Jason Williams dribbles past him at will.

If you are going to bention one or two or three games...then I will mention two words: ANTHONY JOHNSON.

Section126 said:
The list is a fraud.

No Gerald Wallace?

No Dwayne Wade?

Jason Kidd?

Wade had more steals than Kidd and was among league leaders in blocks for guards...

I know you Nets fans like Jason Kidd...he is one of my favorites too. BUT come on..he can't guard quick guards anymore..Jason Williams dribbles past him at will.

If you are going to bention one or two or three games...then I will mention two words: ANTHONY JOHNSON.

For the last time, Jason Williams has not schooled him this series. Williams has had 11 turnovers this series when Kidd was covering him. And Lets compare stats for Wade and Kidd...
Wade
5.7 RPG 2.0 SPG 0.8 BPG
Kidd
7.3 RPG 1.9 SPG 0.4 BPG

Wade had 150 steals this season
Kidd had 152 steals this year.

So no, wade did not have more steals. Kidd dominated him in rebounds per game. Now for your argument for Wallace.

Gerald Wallace only played 55 games this year. That in no way deserves to be on the NBA 1st defensive team. Gotta play more than that.

And for the AJ comment, I do believe that Carter scored 51 points when Wade was covering him. People do have off games once in a while. I am not talking individual games here, I am talking season stats, and Kidd earned that spot on the team.

mixmaster_matt said:
For the last time, Jason Williams has not schooled him this series. Williams has had 11 turnovers this series when Kidd was covering him. And Lets compare stats for Wade and Kidd...
Wade
5.7 RPG 2.0 SPG 0.8 BPG
Kidd
7.3 RPG 1.9 SPG 0.4 BPG

So no, wade did not have more steals. Kidd dominated him in rebounds per game. Now for your argument for Wallace.

Gerald Wallace only played 55 games this year. That in no way deserves to be on the NBA 1st defensive team. Gotta play more than that.

And for the AJ comment, I do believe that Carter scored 51 points when Wade was covering him. People do have off games once in a while. I am not talking individual games here, I am talking season stats, and Kidd earned that spot on the team.

Jason Williams has gotten to the hole at will, he is making stupid plays when he gets there, like the pass out of bounds last night

Wade had more steals per game, thats even better

Not to mention guards that get beat off the dribble will always have more rebounds, because when the ball gets kicked out to the outside they will be near the rim if the shot misses

Obviously its not the case on every shot, but it is true

Oh and one last thing

Getting 7 straight has nothing to do with this years defense he has played, Jerry Rice was the best reciever in football his entire career, but at the end you couldnt say he was currently the best.

Jason Kidd is easily the best defensive pg in the league and imo the best pg period in the league

But i agree with section how wade and wallace got left off this list is a mystery

I have no problems with this team other than the fact that they are gonna get a lot of technicals for too many players on the court...

mixmaster_matt said:
Wade
5.7 RPG 2.0 SPG 0.8 BPG
Kidd
7.3 RPG 1.9 SPG 0.4 BPG

You seem to have a problem quoting stats..or you are just making them up.

First things first..Carter did not score 51 on Wade..This year in the playoffs is the first time that Wade has been given the Carter assignment...(along with Posey)...HOW IS THAT WORKING OUT FOR VINCE?

Now for your error in the stats..

Wade averaged 1.95 Steals per game with 146 Steals in 75 games.

Kidd averaged 1.88 Steals per game with 150 Steals in 80 games.

As for Jason Williams..he has blown past Kidd any time he has wanted too...out of his 11 turnovers....2 were attributed to Kidd Steals...in contrast...J-Will has 2 Steals...BOTH against Kidd.

Jason Kidd isn't half the defender he once was.

Wade is a better defender than Kidd IMO...

Back
Top Bottom