All NBA Defensive Team anounced | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All NBA Defensive Team anounced

Gerald Wallace not being on the FIRST TEAM makes this list a fraud.

Throw it in the trash can.

Ferretsquig said:
Well obviously they dont because if stats had anything to do with the selection the Wallace with his gaudy numbers would easily be on the first team: 7.5 boards, 2.51 steals, 2.09 blocks per.

There is a reason these teams are such a joke. Just like the coaches poll in college there probably isnt one coach who has any clue who he voted for. These people have better things to do. The players named to the all whatever teams are there because of name recognition, nothing more.

Who do you want him in for? It would have to be Kidd or Kobe because Bowen/Artest/AK-47/Ben are obvious choices. Wallace wasn't even on the 2nd team maybe people are looking too far into his numbers. I think Wallace deserves alot more votes for one of the most improved players in the league than for all defensive team.

ShuggieOtis said:
Kidd's defense is not displayed in stats...he anchors the whole team D, can not be compared to Wade?!? Shut down nash 0 points, chauncey 9 pts....
Yeah he also let Anthony Johnson score 40 points. I mean c'mon Anthony Johnson.

djfresh47 said:
Who do you want him in for? It would have to be Kidd or Kobe because Bowen/Artest/AK-47/Ben are obvious choices. Wallace wasn't even on the 2nd team maybe people are looking too far into his numbers. I think Wallace deserves alot more votes for one of the most improved players in the league than for all defensive team.

Personally I wouldnt put Wallace on the first team all defense. I was just pointing out the fact that if people voted solely on stats he would be there. Wallace is basicly a taller more athletic Wade on defense. Hes great with the help defense and getting steals but hes not yet on the Bowen level as a perimeter defender. The real thing that deserves recognition is his ability to defend four spots on the floor. After Okafor went down he was the Bobcat's best post defender.

This is why I think it is important to watch more than just your team...

If you have seen Bruce Bowen play this year..you KNOW he has lost a FEW steps defensively....

If you watch Gerald Wallace..you point to the screen and say "That is a great defensive player"...

He really stands out.

Well thats an ironic statement in so many ways. Suffice it to say I've watched a lot of Bobcats basketball over the past couple seasons.

Ferretsquig said:
Well thats an ironic statement in so many ways. Suffice it to say I've watched a lot of Bobcats basketball over the past couple seasons.

Why is it ironic?

Bowen can't guard quicker guys one on one...he plays good defense..because he is good at denying the ball and getting physical with the softies...

But as a shut down on the ball defender..those days are far behind him.

Gerald Wallace is active from the opening whistle....he has all the tools as well as the lateral quickness to guard the quickest 3's in the game....

Section126 said:
Gerald Wallace is active from the opening whistle....he has all the tools as well as the lateral quickness to guard the quickest 3's in the game....

I do agree. He has all the tools to shut down any guard and most fowards as well. Wallace is one of the most athletic players in the NBA...right up there with Kobe, Iguodala, Smith... But as a defender hes nowhere near what Bowen is, even at this age. He gambles far too much, gets caught out of place in rotation, and can be taken off the dribble. He has certainly improved since he came here but he has a long ways to go. Hopefully they get him a real coach or he moves on somewhere else. He still is only 23.

Back
Top Bottom