ALL-NBA Team. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ALL-NBA Team.

10q09c1-1.jpg

So.. Wade gets shafted again. Kobe, who was clearly less productive than Wade gets the nod over him anyway for 1st team at their respective position, and it wasn't even a close vote.

:shakeno:

WOW, Rondo, Battier, and Artest?:confused:

Where is Salmons, Tyrus Thomas, Ben Gordon,even Rose. One of Chicago's players should of made it. Also what about Chris Bosh.

WOW, Rondo, Battier, and Artest?:confused:

Where is Salmons, Tyrus Thomas, Ben Gordon,even Rose. One of Chicago's players should of made it. Also what about Chris Bosh.
Salmons? Rose? Bosh? Not much defense their. Ben Gordon is a solid defender, but you only make the team unfortunately for having big numbers in the steal and block department. No love for the ones who shut people down.

we all know the type of year wade had he is first team in both offense and defense, no question

we all know the type of year wade had he is first team in both offense and defense, no question

Believe me man i loved to see Wade on 1st team and thats coming from a chicago fan... I think he is way better that Kobe but can't see him on Both the only player I see doin that is Lebron

Faker fans are funny.

Mv3 30.2 ppg 7.5 assists 5.0 rebounds 2.2 steals 1.3 blocks 49% shooting

Player Efficiency Rating 30.46

Kobo 26.8 ppg 4.2 assists 5.2 rebounds 1.5 steals 0.4 blocks 47% shooting

Player Efficiency Rating 24.46

you think wade is a better player than kobe? LMAO>

learn the game stats don't say it all. Kobe can shoot when he wants n do what he wants when he wants. Wade has no choice b/c his team doesn' thave half the cast and im not even going to get into it past this b/c that was a joke.

How is that even an argument? Kobe is better than Wade because he "can shoot when he wants n do what he wants when he wants"?

I'm going to make the wild assumption here that the argument you're attempting to make is that Kobe does not put up comparable statistics because he can be more selective with his shot attempts with the supporting cast he has in LA. If that's the case, wouldn't you expect him to make a higher percentage of his fg attempts? Or is that another stat we have to disregard in deference to learning the game?

How is that even an argument? Kobe is better than Wade because he "can shoot when he wants n do what he wants when he wants"?

I'm going to make the wild assumption here that the argument you're attempting to make is that Kobe does not put up comparable statistics because he can be more selective with his shot attempts with the supporting cast he has in LA. If that's the case, wouldn't you expect him to make a higher percentage of his fg attempts? Or is that another stat we have to disregard in deference to learning the game?

kobe is always double teamed...watch the series with the rockets he has 3 ppl on him when he drives it in. why u think ariza, walton (who never makes it from the sideline), sasha, farmar, fisher, etc have open three's? cuz he draws the defenders onto him. now tell me WHAT stat would show you that? Hence stats dont tell you jack, watching the game and konwing it does.

I played HS and college ball, trust me, stats don't say jack ****.
the only stat that I think shows valid points is Rebounds, steals, and Blocks b/c thats all hustling, non stop movement of your feet, and knowing wehre to be when to be (reading a defense or the passing lanes).

Wade has the Ariza role in his defense. he plays the defender where as kobe they want him to freelance like a FS to prevent players driving it in which causes him to have less of an opportunity to create steals but then you have ariza who does taht and brown b/c kobe being there allows that to happen. Once again, stats won't show you that. Wade is a great player but he is no where near Kobe. He is hte most complete player to probably ever play the game. And i say complete b/c jordan had a great game but his outside shot resembled that of wade where its limited to a "degree" but kobe has no range. Phil jackson said hes never seen anyone shoot like kobe and have the ability to put up 30 when he decides to depending on the way hte game dictates him to do so. And this is a guy who coached Jordan. He siad the only advantage jordan has on kobe is that jordans mittens (meaning hands) were huge and kobes are small.

for instance, bynum last year before his injury had a FG percentage of i thnk 68 or something....he was 8 for 10 almost every game or 7 for 10...but if u watched the games, he made all his shots off alleys and dunks.

he was second in the league behind Howard in most dunks until his injury. You wouldn't know that if you just checked stats. You would think he has a variety of moves and plays he can created as if he were shaq or something. Shaq had so many moves and smarts for the game, its something bynum lacks right now and he lacks shaqs footwork.

kobe is always double teamed...watch the series with the rockets he has 3 ppl on him when he drives it in. why u think ariza, walton (who never makes it from the sideline), sasha, farmar, fisher, etc have open three's? cuz he draws the defenders onto him. now tell me WHAT stat would show you that? Hence stats dont tell you jack, watching the game and konwing it does.

There's this cool stat called an assist.....we started documenting them in the 60s. It often occurs when a player drives into the lane, draws defenders, and passes to an open teammate.

he was second in the league behind Howard in most dunks until his injury. You wouldn't know that if you just checked stats.

Just out of curiosity, how did you know he was second in the league in dunks without checking the stats?

This is bull****. Kobe is better than Wade all-time, but he didn't have a better year than Wade offensively or defensively.

you think wade is a better player than kobe? LMAO>

learn the game stats don't say it all. Kobe can shoot when he wants n do what he wants when he wants. Wade has no choice b/c his team doesn' thave half the cast and im not even going to get into it past this b/c that was a joke.

Your funny. Do you know what PER rating is?

PER strives to measure a player's per-minute performance, while adjusting for pace. A league-average PER is always 15.00, which permits comparisons of player performance across seasons.

PER takes into account positive accomplishments, such as field goals, free throws, 3-pointers, assists, rebounds, blocks and steals, and negative ones, such as missed shots, turnovers and personal fouls. The formula adds positive stats and subtracts negative ones through a statistical point value system. The rating for each player is then adjusted to a per-minute basis so that, for example, substitutes can be compared with starters in playing time debates. It is also adjusted for the team's pace. In the end, one number sums up the players' statistical accomplishments for that season

PER is a formula that measures all aspects of the game offense and defense.

So yes, stats do tell pretty much the whole story, this stat anyway.

There is no argument that Kobe was better than Wade this year. I could point you to a basketball forum with a ton of Lakers homers that would concede this. Not to mention every stat ever documente

I don't know if it's more amusing or pitiful that you would even suggest otherwise. As far as i'm concerned it's pure disrespect for Wade.

Oh and Kobe is definitely a pure shooter, but Wade can shoot well.

and laugh at you saying Kobe was double teamed. No nobody doubled Wade cause they were so worried about Haslem burning them with his sick handles.

There's this cool stat called an assist.....we started documenting them in the 60s. It often occurs when a player drives into the lane, draws defenders, and passes to an open teammate.

Just out of curiosity, how did you know he was second in the league in dunks without checking the stats?

Yeah, only every single time Wade drives into the lane (which is often) does the defense collapse on him. One of three things happen. He draws a foul, he kicks to an open shooter, or he makes a sick shot (or jam.)

And just a FYI for ya SR 7. Wade drives significantly more than Kobe.

I'm beginning to think you haven't watched a single Heat game this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom