ALL-NBA Team. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ALL-NBA Team.

There's this cool stat called an assist.....we started documenting them in the 60s. It often occurs when a player drives into the lane, draws defenders, and passes to an open teammate.

Just out of curiosity, how did you know he was second in the league in dunks without checking the stats?

There's this cool part of basketball called SWING the BALL AROUND. The cool part is, lakers basketball has one of hte best benches in the game and startnig 5. Sloan said the Lakers are the best team when it comes to executing their offense and getting it to the open guy with an extra pass. So what makes you think the first guy kobe passes to is going to take the shot when another defender will come to defend ariza for example which makes the PF open now. its called HELP defense and by having 2 defenders on one and one scrambling to the new open guy is called BREAKING down taht HELP defense. The cool part is also that they all make that extra pass to get that extra easy shot. Its called learn something about ball before you come preaching ur junk to me.

I meant his FG % would be misleading if u just checked stats not his DUNKS. I knew someone would get confused on it. thats why i dont' want to waste my time with this convo, people are too predictable for me.

look at the players defending kobe compared to wade.
Bowen 4 times a year, lebron 2 times a year, battier and artest 4 times a year, Bell up until the trade 4 times a year, etc. has ANYONE of those guys ever defended Wade? If so, how often? Why is kobe known as the best player in teh NBA and Jordan himself called Kobe the best player on earth and not wade? why does artest battier bowen always talk about defending kobe and not wade?

Have you seen Kobe play defense? go watch that sunday game a few weeks back where the offensive player made 3 shots in a row kobe switched to defend him and the guy didn't pass the 40 ft mark. He couldn't even recah the 3 point line and Gundy and Jackson said this is why he is the best defending G and if you want to drool you watch that clip. Those are words from a all time great PG and a coach. Now you tell me if you know better then they do. have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes all of those guys you named have defended Wade. You are aware that the Western and Eastern conference play eachother every year right? Shane Battier is who injured Wade's shoulder in 07.

I don't deny Kobe is a really good defender. But Wade was better this season. I'd say he's an average on the ball defender but he is the best shot blocking guard in the league, and second (only to Chris Paul) in steals.

Wade became the only player in NBA history to record at least 2,000 points, 500 assists, 150 steals and 100 blocks during a single season. He capped off the 2008-09 season as the only player in the league to amass at least 100(106 total) blocks and 100(173 total) steals, also becoming the only player in NBA history 6’4” or under to block at least 100 shots in a single season. Additionally, he blocked the potential game-winning shot on eight different occasions this season, five under 21.6 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter and three in overtime.

:3w:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordan Says..

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/17D9IyK4rwY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/17D9IyK4rwY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

i never said wade isnt a good defender.
or a player.

I said he is no where near kobes level as far as complete player. Kobe is putting up a fight and possibly the strongest fight in being hte best player to play along with Jordan.

wade is prob the bets shot blocking G i have ever seen no one denied that. You said wade is a better player then kobe and i dont agree with that. Wade is one of my favorites since his rookie year but i dont think he is close to Kobe. Lets say its a scale of 1 to 10, kobe is a 10 and wade is a 8. thats how i see it they are both great but kobe is better is my point. Wade is already most likely a HOFer if he continues this pace. You dont get taht by being avg so taht speaks volumes.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/17D9IyK4rwY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/17D9IyK4rwY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccesquot;always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

that was teh case with kobe when they played PHX those 2 yrs in the playoffs and Nash won MVP twice. Kobe had walton, parker, kwame, and odom as his 5 compared to MARION (all star), Stoudamire (ALL STAR) Bell (good defender and shooter) etc. W/out nash they would have still won at least 45 to 50 games w/out kobe LA was a 25-30 win team those 2 yrs. And now after 2 yrs they are bringing that up and whether Nashreally deserved it or not and I dont think he did. its easy getting 9 asst a game whne you run in circles and wait for a pogo stick like marion or amare to bail u out or a dead on 3point shooter in bell, barbosa, etc. I dont thnk CLE would be where they aer w/out Lebron but MIAMI would be NO WHERE w/out Wade just as LA would have been those 2 yrs. Lebron won b/c they dominated as a team. MVP isnt best player anymore but best record with good stats gets you that. Garnett was up for consideration last year but yet he had peirce andallen along side him. I canlook good wiht those 2 players as well compared to haslem or what not

Is Kobe a better player all-time than Wade? Yes. When It's all said and done, will Kobe be considered the better player? Probably. Did Kobe have a better year on either side of the ball? No.

i never said wade isnt a good defender.
or a player.

I said he is no where near kobes level as far as complete player. Kobe is putting up a fight and possibly the strongest fight in being hte best player to play along with Jordan.

wade is prob the bets shot blocking G i have ever seen no one denied that. You said wade is a better player then kobe and i dont agree with that. Wade is one of my favorites since his rookie year but i dont think he is close to Kobe. Lets say its a scale of 1 to 10, kobe is a 10 and wade is a 8. thats how i see it they are both great but kobe is better is my point. Wade is already most likely a HOFer if he continues this pace. You dont get taht by being avg so taht speaks volumes.

Wade was better than Kobe in every aspect in 2008. That's obvious to anyone, and if it isn't obvious to you, you have no objectivity.

Defensively is up for debate, but I believe with Wade's effort this year on defense on top of having to carry the load on offense for his team should have earned him first team honors, and i'm a little dissapointed he didn't. Kobe gets 1st team all defense like every year. Wade deserved to get it this year because of what he accomplished.

I never said Wade was better than Kobe all time. Kobe has accomplished more and played more so obviously in terms of all-time status he's better, probably significantly better. Kobe being better than Wade all time isn't any more debatable than Wade being better than Kobe in 08 is.

Yea like i said, Wade had an outstanding year and in this country you dont get recognition unless you are the best as a whole which i think sucks and is sad. For ex. Marino to some isnt hte best QB to play b/c he has no ring but yet Dilfer does...does taht make dilfer better or great? loll its a stupid way to judge and this country does a good job at it.

Look at Euro soccer, they said Messi has a chance to run away with the best player in the world award this year if he can play well and the team gets into the champioins league champion ship game (which they did with BS ref giving them the win) but point is they nevre said he NEEDS to win it he said by getting them there. here you have to win it all or you lose credit for aything done. its stupid. When kobe avg his 35.7 pts a game that year a few yrs ago they were 8 above .500, when jordan avg 35 they were i believe 12 games below .500 or something but kobe didnt get credit for it. when kobe scored 81 and he went off b/c they were down 21 to the raptors so he carried the team himself, some said he is a ball hog (like that douche jim rome) and others said thats teh best scoring game ever and surpassed Wilts b/c wilt played easier competition and hardly anyone was his height and all he did was dunk where as kobe was all over the court. It is what it is. Wade was considered a great once teh finals ended he became ur avg good player in teh nba. thats americas way of looking at things wehre as in soccer even after ronaldo was lke 55345 yrs old in the world cup they still gave him the respect he deserved and called him one of the best and still the best striker in some years. Here htey forget about you and dont mention you unless you break some law or get arrested.

and when wade shaved his head for the games this past summer thats how he got on ESPN b/c it was a sign of being serious and concentrating on the Gold they wnt but had he not shaved it espn wouldn't have bothered probably. its pathetic they only go for what can stir up news and drama. instead of eitehr way interviewing him bc he is soo good and he is playing with james, carmelo and kobe i twas b/c of his hair. thats why to a degree it sucks playing here cuz they dont' give you credit for what you have done only for what you are currently dong that very second.

i think wade got robbed.
they should just call these awards, popularity contests.they are all about votes. not facts.

I meant his FG % would be misleading if u just checked stats not his DUNKS. I knew someone would get confused on it. thats why i dont' want to waste my time with this convo, people are too predictable for me.

I'm pretty confident that a record of dunks made by a player is generally referred to as a statistic. In Bynum's case he attempted 105 dunks and made 100. We have other statistics to further refine the argument, such as Bynum's FG% from outside 5 ft, inside, on tipped shots, on assisted buckets, and on those he created for himself. So no.....the statistics are not very misleading so long as you choose to put a little bit more thought into them.

This discussion went from a potential All NBA Team discussion to commenting on the official All NBA Defensive Team, but I didn't see anyone acknowledge the shift.

Also, for the Kobe vs. Wade discussion, Kobe has more tools, but Wade is a more dynamic in terms of penetration, and he's a much smarter player than Kobe. Jordan was never a good shooter beyond 18-20 ft. Wade is more like Jordan - than Kobe - in that he goes and gets the shot he wants instead of settling for long fade aways. Players aren't defined by what they can and can't do; they're defined by what they actually do. Wade understand basketball more than Kobe. I'm actually shocked that more people don't rip on Kobe for his lack of understanding.

Back
Top Bottom