All-Star weekend thread | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All-Star weekend thread

Blueprint said:
I hope next year we can get an All-Star game where everybody is an actual All-Star caliber player. Players like Gilbert Arenas, Rip Hamilton (although I love the guy as a player and he's one of my favorites), Rasheed Wallace, and ESPECIALLY Tony Parker belong.

Michael Redd >>>> Rip Hamilton & Gilbert Arenas' 1-dimensional game.

Hamilton's a great role player, but seriously, he's not a "stand out" All-Star player. As for guys like Sheed & Parker, those are obvious choices for players who do not belong. Chris Paul should've been there.

Oh come on...

They went to the All-Star because they are All-Star players. Parker was getting nothing but praise all weekend long. Maybe some of these guys shouldn't be All-Stars, but to say they are not All-Star caliber is ridiculous.

Roman529 said:
Why is the NBA all-star game always the worst out of all the major sports?....bunch of clowns throwing alley oop passes for three hours and no d.....Zzzzzzzz.....what a joke.

Noone wants to get hurt...

Blueprint said:
LeBron was striving for that MVP, are you kidding? It was very obvious.

And of course, he choked in the clutch and Wade had to bail the team out. :refuse:

I agree 100%. It wasn't even close. Nate's last two dunks were amazing. Iggy had one great dunk, and it was something that could've been done by better athletes like a Josh Smith. Josh Smith was probably the best dunker there, but it seems like he gave up after he lost his dribble on the first dunk. Every year, there's always one garbage *** dunker there [like Birdman last year] who doesn't belong, and we saw that in Hakim Warrick. I wanted to see J.R. Smith go at it again, because honestly, he was the 2nd best dunker last year, if not the best.

This is actually a contest that I would've enjoyed watching the overly conceited LeBron James participate in.

Basically, knowing that there was no chance of seeing guys like Vince & T-Mac, I would've loved to see:

-Josh Smith
-J.R. Smith
-LeBron James
-Nate Robinson

LeBron James was playing ball. He threw up an alley oop to Wade. He was passing the ball. He just had open looks because there was no Defense...how is that Striving for MVP? You want striving..look at T-Mac...

Prime Time said:
LeBron James was playing ball. He threw up an alley oop to Wade. He was passing the ball. He just had open looks because there was no Defense...how is that Striving for MVP? You want striving..look at T-Mac...
The West aimed to get T-Mac MVP, that was obvious. Even Kobe was playing pass-first basketball, and he always takes the All-Star game more seriously than anybody else. LeBron was looking for jumpers the entire first half when everybody else was trying to get each other involved and have fun. Usually, the first half is fun to watch. LeBron ruined the fun for me by chucking up all those J's. I wanted to see LBJ, Vince, & Wade out there throwing up alley's in the first half. "King" James was trying to get MVP honors after getting his *** whooped in the skill challenge the night before..

Prime Time said:
Oh come on...

They went to the All-Star because they are All-Star players. Parker was getting nothing but praise all weekend long. Maybe some of these guys shouldn't be All-Stars, but to say they are not All-Star caliber is ridiculous.
lol, Rip Hamilton is All-Star caliber? He's one of my favorite players, but come on now. He's a role player. Chauncey Billups gets him all of those open looks. Michael Redd is more all-star caliber, obviously. Rasheed & Rip made it because of Flip.

And Tony Parker? lol, Chris Paul is twice the player he is, and he's only a rookie. Tony Parker made the All-Star team because of the team he is on, just like how Ginobili, who has never played 30+ mpg made it last year. Mike Bibby is better too.

Another snub would be KG not starting for the declining Tim Duncan. :rolleyes2

Mike Bibby is a bum and so overrated. i agree with everything else you said though. Billups is underrated, rip isnt an allstar.

chris84chambers said:
bibby isnt a bum are u kidding the kid is clutch

i talked to sebastian telfair a couple times, the PG from the trailblazers, and he said most the players in the league feel like Bibby isnt ****, including him. He said to of the most overrated players in the league in most of the players in the league eyes is Bibby and Andre Miller. so i gotta go with who knows, he knows better than me.

Nappy Roots said:
i talked to sebastian telfair a couple times, the PG from the trailblazers, and he said most the players in the league feel like Bibby isnt ****, including him. He said to of the most overrated players in the league in most of the players in the league eyes is Bibby and Andre Miller. so i gotta go with who knows, he knows better than me.

i HATE SEBASTION TELFAIR. tell him 2 practice his shoot and his layups and be a pass first pg.

chris84chambers said:
i HATE SEBASTION TELFAIR. tell him 2 practice his shoot and his layups and be a pass first pg.

:eek:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? your insane! sebastian is disgusting man. hes out of highschool, give him a couple years. you will love him, I gaurantee it.

no i hate him.........he is a free agent after this year and he can become some1 elses bum he sucks he literally sucks.......he can get by ne1 of the dribble but he cant finish the lay up... he cant shoot worth ****. and he is a shoot first pg all of that =bum.

chris84chambers said:
no i hate him.........he is a free agent after this year and he can become some1 elses bum he sucks he literally sucks.......he can get by ne1 of the dribble but he cant finish the lay up... he cant shoot worth ****. and he is a shoot first pg all of that =bum.

:sidelol:

you have clue what your talkin about man. if Portland let him go, it would be the worst mistake in the history of their franchise.

how many games have u watched him play??????? no passin on jordan was the worst and then jermaine o neal and dont say i dont know what i am talkin about i have watched almost every blazer game.

Blueprint said:
I hope next year we can get an All-Star game where everybody is an actual All-Star caliber player. Players like Gilbert Arenas, Rip Hamilton (although I love the guy as a player and he's one of my favorites), Rasheed Wallace, and ESPECIALLY Tony Parker belong.

Michael Redd >>>> Rip Hamilton & Gilbert Arenas' 1-dimensional game.

Hamilton's a great role player, but seriously, he's not a "stand out" All-Star player. As for guys like Sheed & Parker, those are obvious choices for players who do not belong. Chris Paul should've been there.

Tony Parker has been having his best season. He has been the main reason why San Antonio is one of the best in the west.

Gilbert Arenas is 4th in the NBA in scoring and is not going to the All-star game is blashphemy. The Pistons deserved to get their players in the all-star game. They were the main reason why the East came back in the 3rd quarter with those Defensive stops.

chris84chambers said:
how many games have u watched him play??????? no passin on jordan was the worst and then jermaine o neal and dont say i dont know what i am talkin about i have watched almost every blazer game.

yea i knew you would come with passin on jordan, probably shouldnt of said history.

and ive watched a few games this year, but ive seen HIM play more than you bet. hes young, hes still learning the game, still learning shot selection, still gaining confidence.

im willing to bet next year with more playing time he will be a 15 and 6 PG, at 21.

Back
Top Bottom