All things bills | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All things bills

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
The thing about Losman is I haven't heard one 'Expert' say that he doesn't hav the tools to succede in the NFL. He has a strong arm and is very moble.

Question is- Does he have the Head to play in the NFL, or is it all the coaching staff's fault.

How do you not give a guy with his talents a chance to show he can play for a whole year. I personally think he has some serious issues mentally with his ablity to play the game. Let him show what he has on the field, to deny him that at this point with Holcomb as yer only savior is rediculous. Yet the Bills did it last year pretty much so I have no idea what they are gonna do, but I would start Losman this year the whole year and see what he can do. Worst case ya finish last draft a new QB and Holcomb can play next year till ya new QB is ready.

Maybe the better question is what can you do with Holcomb, anything less then 8-8 with him starting is a waste IMO. Start Losman and end this debate..... PLZ =P

Tom Donahoe being an awful GM and Mike Mularkey trying to win back his locker room were the reason Holcomb was given an opportunity. Mike Mularkey was an awful HC hopefully he is more like his Pittsburgh days than like he was in Buffalo for the Phins. Tom Donahoe was the worst GM in the league. If I were a Bills fan i'd hate the hiring of an 81 year old GM and Jauron.

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
If Losman can't win the starting job this year I think you would have to call him a bust and move on. Most publications have the Bills slotted to pick #1 overall next year and really what can ya lose if Losman gets a final chance to prove he can be your QB, not like you could fail to live up to expections and finish below last place.

I think with Holcomb you are in the same boat as we were last year with Gus; a servicable QB with no upside. Maybe win a few extra games and you don't get to pick a new franchise QB. Leave ya always wondering if Losman could have got the job done in 2006.

Really I don't see what ya can lose by giving Losman the starting job. If he does well and you all finish near 8-8 or something and shows improvement then you have a QB and something to build on. If he plays horribly again then you know he is a bust and you can drop him and move on to probably Brady Quin.
i agree that if Losman cant do it this year we need to move on. but we ALL want him to play well. Holcomb is declining, and consitering where he was, thats BAD.

Most mock drafts have the bills picking 1st because we are the most likly to pick a QB high in the draft and they wanted to put the QB from ND at the top of the draft.

We will see this year. Losman doesnt have to play great, but he needs to show that he can be the QB of an NFL team. his preseason performance was far from great, but he showed he was better than Holcolmb and looked better than last year. I expect JP to take the starting job either this week or next week.

ch19079 said:
i agree that if Losman cant do it this year we need to move on. but we ALL want him to play well. Holcomb is declining, and consitering where he was, thats BAD.

Most mock drafts have the bills picking 1st because we are the most likly to pick a QB high in the draft and they wanted to put the QB from ND at the top of the draft.

We will see this year. Losman doesnt have to play great, but he needs to show that he can be the QB of an NFL team. his preseason performance was far from great, but he showed he was better than Holcolmb and looked better than last year. I expect JP to take the starting job either this week or next week.

Agreed, its a make or break year for JP.

FinFrenzy said:
But at this point you have a better chance of winning with Holcomb than J.P. JMHO.

IMO, it's either this:

A. Pick Holcomb, and suck, expectedly...

B. Pick Losman, suck, but learn if we can build a team around Losman...

We know what we have in Holcomb, a mediocre, average QB..

Losman is unknown, and the organization owes it to themselves to find out if they have something in him or not, IMO...

In related news, JP was named the front runner at the QB position, and he had his best camp to date...

It'll be interesting to see how he fares vs. Cincinnati's starters this Friday night...

GoBills24 said:
IMO, it's either this:

Losman is unknown, and the organization owes it to themselves to find out if they have something in him or not, IMO...

In related news, JP was named the front runner at the QB position, and he had his best camp to date...

It'll be interesting to see how he fares vs. Cincinnati's starters this Friday night...
You said it right there, not starting JP would be foolish, expectations are low, if he tanks, he tanks. Send him away and try again next draft.

opfinistic said:
You said it right there, not starting JP would be foolish, expectations are low, if he tanks, he tanks. Send him away and try again next draft.

Its not like they have anything to lose.

opfinistic said:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3982

Looks like Losman's going to get his shot...

He had 40+ reps in camp yesterday, and Holcomb had 12...

The writing is pretty much on the wall now, IMO...

GoBills24 said:
IMO, it's either this:

Last year if I recall correctly some veterans didn't like the idea of Losman being handed the starting job; now if he wins it this year I think he'll actually have the respect of some of the veterans.

djfresh47 said:
Last year if I recall correctly some veterans didn't like the idea of Losman being handed the starting job; now if he wins it this year I think he'll actually have the respect of some of the veterans.

Yep, Moulds was one of the leaders of the Losman hating...

He was probably upset when he saw Lee Evans and him connecting so often, and he was getting more thrown his way when Holcomb was in there...

The vets should be more at ease now, knowing JP outperformed Kelly (so far) in TC / pre-season...

I don't know how ANY veteran on the Bills could support the "performance" that Holcomb put on Saturday night...

GoBills24 said:
Yep, Moulds was one of the leaders of the Losman hating...

He was probably upset when he saw Lee Evans and him connecting so often, and he was getting more thrown his way when Holcomb was in there...

The vets should be more at ease now, knowing JP outperformed Kelly (so far) in TC / pre-season...

I don't know how ANY veteran on the Bills could support the "performance" that Holcomb put on Saturday night...

How is Craig Nail (sp) doing in camp? Is he anything more than a backup??

Back
Top Bottom