All things bills | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All things bills

FinFrenzy said:
How is Craig Nail (sp) doing in camp? Is he anything more than a backup??

Nall has been hurt most of the camp, when he has been in there i seen he was 11 for 12 but of course those are unoffiical numbers. Last night was his first time back and he went 4 for 5 with the only incompletion being a drop. He really has to shine throughout camp and preseason to have any chance at the starting job

IMO the Bills organization has more to gain by playing Losman. Holcombe is servicable at best and then what? Every team needs a QB and if J.P. can't get the jon done than you move on.

Kyle Williams and Ryan Denney I believe will be starting the next preseason game. They were promoted after their performances vs Carolina.

Everyone wants JP to be the starter. but they realized last year that giving JP the starting spot without having to earn it seriously hurt the team.

so now they say noone is the set starter and they have to fight for it. so when JP is made the start, it will be because he earned it.

a good plan IMO.

djfresh47 said:
Kyle Williams and Ryan Denney I believe will be starting the next preseason game. They were promoted after their performances vs Carolina.
K. Willimias came from nowhere and had his name called a lot. he deserves a chance to show his ability agenst the first team O-Line.

Denney did well agenst 3rd stringers, he should get a promotion to the 2nd team... not the 1st team.

ch19079 said:
K. Willimias came from nowhere and had his name called a lot. he deserves a chance to show his ability agenst the first team O-Line.

Denney did well agenst 3rd stringers, he should get a promotion to the 2nd team... not the 1st team.
IMO Kyle Willliams name will disappear against the first group 0-line.

ch19079 said:

Dude Denney is and always was the 3rd DE not the 3rd team DE.

Well, you said this thread is "all things Bills." So here we go:

clear.gif

clear.gif

homeless4-1.jpg

clear.gif

clear.gif

wed-1.jpg

clear.gif

:wink: J/K, Bills fans. Lighten up.

clear.gif

How did you get a hold of the Miami Dolphins future uniforms?? I thought they were confidential?

djfresh47 said:
Last year if I recall correctly some veterans didn't like the idea of Losman being handed the starting job; now if he wins it this year I think he'll actually have the respect of some of the veterans.

McGahee and Evans have already said that he should be starting:

Evans said there is little question Losman has locked up the starting job.

"I pretty much think it's set in stone now," Evans said. "I think we did a lot of good things offensively. We moved the ball up and down the field."

"He's way better than he was last year," said Willis McGahee of Losman.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060827/1005567.asp

Are those new Carp unis with the washed out orange and neon teal called "Faded Glory"?

Losman has locked up the starting QB job by going 15/22 for 184, 1 TD, 1 INT against Cleveland.

Nall looks to be his likely backup, leaving Kelly Holcomb as #3 -- or gone, I guess. We'll have to see.

Kyle Williams is in the DT rotation, playing with John McCargo, so yes he does play against the first team offense (Larry Triplett and Tim Anderson are the starters). It's going to take a while for the Bills Dline to get the experience because DT is not an easy position to learn, and Triplett's playing with a third year guy (who didn't see the field as a rookie) and two rookies.

Nall looks to be his likely backup, leaving Kelly Holcomb as #3 -- or gone

Damn Holcomb must have gotten worse, or Maybe Nall has gotten better.

PatsSuck456 said:
Damn Holcomb must have gotten worse, or Maybe Nall has gotten better.

I dont know how or why, but KH really did get worse. I know JP got better, I dont know about Nall but Holcomb has just looked terrible.

Deep2Evans said:
I dont know how or why, but KH really did get worse. I know JP got better, I dont know about Nall but Holcomb has just looked terrible.

Yeah, they were talking about Kelly H on the pre-game show on the radio on Saturday, and they were worrying whether he had just had a bad outing against the Panthers or if he had "hit the wall" -- where veteran QBs suddenly lose their ability to be effective. Nobody knows, but it looks unlikely that KH will be gone since the Bills released Kliff Kingsbury just today.

Generally speaking, Holcomb hasn't prospered in Steve Fairchild's offense whereas the younger guys have done better, probably because they have better arms and can make the deep throws. Losman is clearly the #1 as he's gotten visually better and better with each outing.

Back
Top Bottom