All This Tanking Talk Is Sickening!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All This Tanking Talk Is Sickening!!!

Since the firing of Adam Gase, it seems every member of the local media is in Tank for Tua mode. I wonder if these people realize what kind of message this sends. To me it sends the message to the coaches that they will get a pass in 2019 even if they show they are incompetent. It sends the message to the players that they don't have to go out there and give 100%. They should save their bodies for 2020. Above all, it sends the message that the local media here and the fans HAVE NO FREAKING STANDARDS!!!
This losing culture that has developed here in South Florida has been extremely frustrating. And the media along with many of our fans are to blame for this. If the Dolphins want to start over with a young team of players they draft and not overpay for players, fine. But for the media to suggest tanking, means they want the team to go out there and play the game just to play and not win. If the Miami Dolphins try to pull that nonsense, I hope the commissioner strips them of their first round pick. I'm serious about that.
Media is feeding fans based on what they like to talk about. There are some fans who think that "tanking" is the only solution to advance. It is really not a viable option nor is it done in real life.

Pretty much everybody (Flores, Grier, Ross) has said that we are not tanking. The only thing we have done is get rid of bloated contracts with a lack of production compared to the value of the contracts. Something we all wanted to see in the past.

We won't be very good next year but that is expected with a rebuilding project. But we are also not tanking.

All This Tanking Talk Is Sickening!!!

I haven't decided what term I hate more. "Tanking" or "Patriot Way" :nuke:

Tanking is only sickening if you think it could actually happen. Tanking is a flashy unrealistic term for any NFL team not alone the 2019 Dolphins.

There are a few reasons why in next years draft you really dont need to be #1 to get a QB. There are 4-5 QB prospects. Also if we wind up with 4-12 , 5-11, 6-10 and you really really really want Tua, you trade the farm for him and move up to #1. You might be in a bidding war but if you want Tua that bad you win the war.

For a Tank to go down, you'd need the coaching staff and 85 percent of the team to go along with it. Not gonna happen.

Tanking is only sickening if you think it could actually happen. Tanking is a flashy unrealistic term for any NFL team not alone the 2019 Dolphins.

There are a few reasons why in next years draft you really dont need to be #1 to get a QB. There are 4-5 QB prospects. Also if we wind up with 4-12 , 5-11, 6-10 and you really really really want Tua, you trade the farm for him and move up to #1. You might be in a bidding war but if you want Tua that bad you win the war.

For a Tank to go down, you'd need the coaching staff and 85 percent of the team to go along with it. Not gonna happen.
Dude. No team sitting in a position to take Tua will consider trading out, no matter what is offered.

Book it

Dude. No team sitting in a position to take Tua will consider trading out, no matter what is offered.

Book it

Thank you. The "just trade up for him" crowd needs to understand the NFL a bit better. Rams and eagles were able to trade up to #1 and #2 because those QBs were lackluster prospects. I still think those two QBs are in my opinion. When you got legit QB prospects the number one overall pick doesn't get traded away.

For example, cards aren't gonna trade that first pick even though they took a QB in the first last year. Because Murray is a legit talent.

Here's something in case you get sick.

MAIN-Calpol-and-Nurofen.jpg

Yeah getting rid of older players with bad contracts is such a bad thing. Going 7-9 and 8-8 every year is so much better. Give me a freaking break already!! This team has not won a super bowl in 46 freaking YEARS!! It's about time they tried something different. All these people telling us how bad is to tank must really like being in the middle of the pack every year. The team is not going to lose games on purpose. We're just not wasting money on older/often injured free agents like we've done in the past. Nobody here is rooting for the team to actually lose games. People are rooting for higher picks in what seems like a very good 2020 draft while clearing cap space to make a real push to bring the team back to glory. If it takes one real bad season so be it.

Most people here would rather have one real bad year in order to get us going forward than to have yet another 7-9 season and drafting outside of the top 10.

Book it

I've learned not to book anything when it comes to college QB prospects.

He isn't the only QB in 2019 as I said.

A lot can happen in the 2019 college season. Tua could come back to earth, another QB could rise up. Tua could get injured

We also could some how QB up this year and not need Tua or another QB.

What universe do you guys live in where you think that's actually an option? If a team is the worst in the NFL, it is most likely because they don't have a QB. Tua will be picked #1 overall and nobody will be able to trade up for him, no matter what you offer.

While we're at it, let's "trade the farm" to the Chiefs for Mahomes.

I think this goes back to all that time, money & effort the NFL has spent to appeal to a broader audience.

The local press & Kids talking about tanking...

probably understand less than 25% of what is actually going on, on any particular play anyway. ;)

Since the firing of Adam Gase, it seems every member of the local media is in Tank for Tua mode. I wonder if these people realize what kind of message this sends. To me it sends the message to the coaches that they will get a pass in 2019 even if they show they are incompetent. It sends the message to the players that they don't have to go out there and give 100%. They should save their bodies for 2020. Above all, it sends the message that the local media here and the fans HAVE NO FREAKING STANDARDS!!!
This losing culture that has developed here in South Florida has been extremely frustrating. And the media along with many of our fans are to blame for this. If the Dolphins want to start over with a young team of players they draft and not overpay for players, fine. But for the media to suggest tanking, means they want the team to go out there and play the game just to play and not win. If the Miami Dolphins try to pull that nonsense, I hope the commissioner strips them of their first round pick. I'm serious about that.
do you want the future franchise QB or not?

Yeah so sickening.

I for one, wanted another 7-9 season.

I just can never get enough of this team trying its hardest anf winning a solid 7 games. I love those seasons.

What universe do you guys live in where you think that's actually an option? If a team is the worst in the NFL, it is most likely because they don't have a QB. Tua will be picked #1 overall and nobody will be able to trade up for him, no matter what you offer.

While we're at it, let's "trade the farm" to the Chiefs for Mahomes.

What universe do you live in to think that Tua is so god like that he if someone offered 2019 1st and 2nd 2020 1st and 2nd and a 2021 (1st) that an offer wouldn't be considered?

You don't remember blockbuster trades of the past???

Let me clarify. I dont want Tua that much I'm just stating if we were the 9th pick over all and our coaches wanted Tua bad, the # 1 is reachable for any team period not alone where the Phins should land next year draft wise.

Hence the term, give up the farm.

Suck for Luck 2.. Tank for Tua.

Ask colts fans if they're still upset about their coach intentionally playing his worst qb to lose some games. Find me one fan.

What universe do you live in to think that Tua is so god like that he if someone offered 2019 1st and 2nd 2020 1st and 2nd and a 2021 (1st) that an offer wouldn't be considered?

You don't remember blockbuster trades of the past???

Let me clarify. I dont want Tua that much I'm just stating if we were the 9th pick over all and our coaches wanted Tua bad, the # 1 is reachable for any team period.

Hence the term, give up the farm.
Hahahaha.

If you think that’s “the farm”, or that it will be enough to get Tua, you are sadly mistaken. Even if it’s moving up ONE spot.

And, for the record, I would rather tank a meaningless 2019 than have to give up a bunch of picks to get anyone

Back
Top Bottom