All This Tanking Talk Is Sickening!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All This Tanking Talk Is Sickening!!!

Since the firing of Adam Gase, it seems every member of the local media is in Tank for Tua mode. I wonder if these people realize what kind of message this sends. To me it sends the message to the coaches that they will get a pass in 2019 even if they show they are incompetent. It sends the message to the players that they don't have to go out there and give 100%. They should save their bodies for 2020. Above all, it sends the message that the local media here and the fans HAVE NO FREAKING STANDARDS!!!
This losing culture that has developed here in South Florida has been extremely frustrating. And the media along with many of our fans are to blame for this. If the Dolphins want to start over with a young team of players they draft and not overpay for players, fine. But for the media to suggest tanking, means they want the team to go out there and play the game just to play and not win. If the Miami Dolphins try to pull that nonsense, I hope the commissioner strips them of their first round pick. I'm serious about that.

Egad Braugh, Chill. They are rebuilding, and yes they will be bad, really, really, baaaad. The thought that the coaches will say, "Pssst, don't play hard, just don't get hurt, because Quarterback", is beyond ridiculous, the media makes a big deal of purposely tanking, there has never been any proof that this has ever happened, unless I missed something.

This team will be playing mostly rookies, is that "tanking", not to me, they are rebuilding, they are replacing almost everyone, how good do you think they will be. So chill and enjoy the ride.

OR

web-antipsycho-drugs-getty-DONTUSEAGAIN.jpg

The Never Freaking Out VIPER

Hahahaha.

If you think that’s “the farm”, or that it will be enough to get Tua, you are sadly mistaken. Even if it’s moving up ONE spot.

And, for the record, I would rather tank a meaningless 2019 than have to give up a bunch of picks to get anyone

I'm not all in on Tua yet, and I wont go on a internet melt down if we don't get him like it appears a lot of fans will.

I'm prepared to watch all the cliff jumpers if we dont get him.

What universe do you live in to think that Tua is so god like that he if someone offered 2019 1st and 2nd 2020 1st and 2nd and a 2021 (1st) that an offer wouldn't be considered?

You don't remember blockbuster trades of the past???

Let me clarify. I dont want Tua that much I'm just stating if we were the 9th pick over all and our coaches wanted Tua bad, the # 1 is reachable for any team period not alone where the Phins should land next year draft wise.

Hence the term, give up the farm.
How much college football do you watch? I can assure you that no team is going to trade away the #1 pick next season. He just had the most efficient college football season EVER for a quarterback. He is the next Andrew Luck in the draft, and nobody was going to get him for picks either.

I also think it's amusing that you'd prefer to win a couple more games this season so that you would have to lose out on 2 extra firsts and 2 extra second round picks in the future all because you can't stand the word "tanking". That isn't a good strategy, dudeski.

How much college football do you watch? I can assure you that no team is going to trade away the #1 pick next season. He just had the most efficient college football season EVER for a quarterback. He is the next Andrew Luck in the draft, and nobody was going to get him for picks either.

I also think it's amusing that you'd prefer to win a couple more games this season so that you would have to lose out on 2 extra firsts and 2 extra second round picks in the future all because you can't stand the word "tanking". That isn't a good strategy, dudeski.

There will be no tanking, get over it.

You're speaking of a fan who watched 95 percent of every game Dan Marino played . You know that Grade A+ quarterback we use to have ???

I've watched year after year grade B+ Qb's get to the superbowl through out Dan's career.

If Tua is the A+ grade QB in 2019 draft and we dont get him, I'll be happy with grade A or A- or even B+ . If Quarterback A is Fromm and we build the team up. That team sport thing could work miracles. I'll be just as happy as if we had A+ Tua and a weaker squad.

Since the firing of Adam Gase, it seems every member of the local media is in Tank for Tua mode. I wonder if these people realize what kind of message this sends. To me it sends the message to the coaches that they will get a pass in 2019 even if they show they are incompetent. It sends the message to the players that they don't have to go out there and give 100%. They should save their bodies for 2020. Above all, it sends the message that the local media here and the fans HAVE NO FREAKING STANDARDS!!!
This losing culture that has developed here in South Florida has been extremely frustrating. And the media along with many of our fans are to blame for this. If the Dolphins want to start over with a young team of players they draft and not overpay for players, fine. But for the media to suggest tanking, means they want the team to go out there and play the game just to play and not win. If the Miami Dolphins try to pull that nonsense, I hope the commissioner strips them of their first round pick. I'm serious about that.

Agree. worse, all this talk will change no one's mind. I'm on record saying I see no solid evidence of a tank. Still don't. And anything at 4 wins or better is a guarantee Miami won't get the top 2 QBs. The top 2-3 teams won't trade and IF they do, it will be to highest bidder which may not be Miami.

Human nature is messy. VERY messy. There are predictions of 2 wins and 7 wins and both predictions, to differing degrees, are valid. There are predictions who will be the best QB in '20. Maybe right, maybe not, but since we're talking human nature I'd encourage everyone to qualify those predictions. 'Miami MAY be tanking.' 'Tau will likely be the next elite QB.' Those in-concrete-predictions are the basis of many unnecessary debates. But, you're right, the 'tanking' debate is sickening. Time for posters to drop the subject. You know, like debating Tannehill.

Media is feeding fans based on what they like to talk about. There are some fans who think that "tanking" is the only solution to advance. It is really not a viable option nor is it done in real life.

Pretty much everybody (Flores, Grier, Ross) has said that we are not tanking. The only thing we have done is get rid of bloated contracts with a lack of production compared to the value of the contracts. Something we all wanted to see in the past.

We won't be very good next year but that is expected with a rebuilding project. But we are also not tanking.
And the Dolphins aren't drafting a qb in the first round this year, so you better hope they somehow find a way to get one of those qb's in next year's draft or you are going to wish the front office did a better job of making the team "not very good this year"

I posted this on another thread but fits here more.

You can also lose by building and coaching a team the right way. Bill Walsh did it in 1979 going 2-14 by starting very basic; focused on youth, execution and culture. He believed in getting great at all the little details of the organization so that the foundation was strong. His goal was to win, but win each play by becoming masters at executing the basic plays before mastering more advanced plays. His first year was VERY basic and easy to defend. From the outside it appeared Walsh was just another failed coach, but toward the 2nd half of 1980 the entire organization really saw something special developing. He taught his players to win one play, one quarter at a time. If they executed the play properly then they’d advance the ball. Do it consistently and they’d score. Win each quarter and the score would take care of itself. That’s just one example of how he did things, but he cared about all the little details and all the people in his organization, down to the receptionist.

Last edited:
And the Dolphins aren't drafting a qb in the first round this year, so you better hope they somehow find a way to get one of those qb's in next year's draft or you are going to wish the front office did a better job of making the team "not very good this year"
nobody knows that.

There will be no tanking, get over it.

You're speaking of a fan who watched 95 percent of every game Dan Marino played . You know that Grade A+ quarterback we use to have ???

I've watched year after year grade B+ Qb's get to the superbowl through out Dan's career.

If Tua is the A+ grade QB in 2019 draft and we dont get him, I'll be happy with grade A or A- or even B+ . If Quarterback A is Fromm and we build the team up. That team sport thing could work miracles. I'll be just as happy as if we had A+ Tua and a weaker squad.

If you are ok with option 3, 4, or 5 at QB next year, more power to you. Most people around here don't want to settle at the QB position anymore. I don't care about winning culture or whether Flores is the right coach if we go 1-15. Could give one **** about either of those things. If we get the right QB, that "winning culture" will miraculously appear. A good QB will last 10-15 years. Coaches get turnovered on average what 3 years? A good QB will out last all coaches not named Bill belicheck.

Just get the right QB. The right coach will usually follow that right QB

If you are ok with option 3, 4, or 5 at QB next year, more power to you. Most people around here don't want to settle at the QB position anymore. I don't care about winning culture or whether Flores is the right coach if we go 1-15. Could give one **** about either of those things. If we get the right QB, that "winning culture" will miraculously appear. A good QB will last 10-15 years. Coaches get turnovered on average what 3 years? A good QB will out last all coaches not named Bill belicheck.

I'm Ok with 2 or 3, you're inserting 4 and 5 in my liking for your convenience.

If we get the right QB?......... Everything just magically appears????....... In the land of make believe maybe. This team is more than one solid QB from anything.

"Get the right QB. The right coach will usually follow that right QB" ....Actually you have it backwards...get the right coachs / GM and the great (right) QB follows along with the rest of the team......Rebuilding.

Me, me, me, my, My, my. I want, I want, I want,......You don't always get what we want, you get what you need.

If it was so easy to get #1 draft pick every year,every team would do it.

First of all, unlike Shula or even Gibbs, 100% of Belicheats success has been achieved with ONE QB.

Second, I find it pretty ridiculous to suddenly (and massively) believe it's ONLY the 1st QB taken in the draft

that's worthy -- or in some unfounded way -- guaranteed to be THE BEST at the position in relation to

EVERY other QB selected in cascading order! It's historically RUBBISH to think that's some kind of "fact."

#1 PRIME EXAMPLE: refer to the '83 draft of Marino!!!

What universe do you live in to think that Tua is so god like that he if someone offered 2019 1st and 2nd 2020 1st and 2nd and a 2021 (1st) that an offer wouldn't be considered?

You don't remember blockbuster trades of the past???

Let me clarify. I dont want Tua that much I'm just stating if we were the 9th pick over all and our coaches wanted Tua bad, the # 1 is reachable for any team period not alone where the Phins should land next year draft wise.

Hence the term, give up the farm.

Any coach or GM throws away 3 years of ones and a two, should be fired and frog marched from Davie. Period. You do not build a team by shipping your future away.

UNLESS you advocate building through FAs and dumpster diving. In which all this will be a exercise in futility and no future.

It's hard to pick much sense out of this rambling mess, but it appears that you are upset because a large percentage of ignorant fans (who do not understand what they are talking about but like to give the impression that they do) and a large number of lazy journalists (whose aim is to generate interest, controversy and sales/clicks amongst fans who do not understand what they are talking about but like to give the impression that they do) are latching onto a lame, media-firendly catchphrase that suggests a speculative and unsubstantiable event may be happening, and then you issue a warning that if this speculative and unsubstantiable event, talk of which is perpetuated by two groups of fools wanting to appeal to and fuel each other's ignorance in order to serve their own interests, were to happen, which of course can never be proven or substantiated, that the team should be punished by the league.

I'm not sure who you're annoyed with - the media, for pushing dramatic conjecture as if it were true? No ****, that's what they do. The fans who swallow this bullshit and in turn push it themselves in an attempt to appear knowledgeable? Again, no ****, that's what they do. Or the team, for potentially doing something that is suggested by ignorumuses with ulterior motives other than the truth and which can never be proven anyway? Seems like an odd thing to be getting upset about dude.

Chill out, and if in six months time it's obvious that the team is losing on purpose and fans are happy with that then this sort of thing might make sense. But don't confuse accepting a long term plan with accepting a 'losing culture'.

What's the difference between 1 win and 7 wins?

Neither gets you in the playoffs, but 1 win gets you a top pick. 7 wins gets you leftovers.

Sit back, relax, just let it happen.

You need to take your medicine if you want to get better.

Back
Top Bottom