am I the only closet Colts fan now when the Phins are'nt playing? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

am I the only closet Colts fan now when the Phins are'nt playing?

Originally posted by MissMeth

I understand rooting for a player and not a team. I do it with Santana Moss... i HATE THE JETS with everything in my body but Santana is a close friend of mine for years and i cant help but hope he has a good season (not the team just him). Same thing will go for Willis McGahee. It sucks that all my friends end up on teams i cant stand. The only one that hasnt is Ed Reed.. yea i dont like the Ravens but i dont hate them like the bills or jets.

I loathe the Ravens. It starts with that pompous coach of theirs. Actually it starts with the fact that they are really the Browns and their owner is a slime for moving the team out of Cleveland. Throw in the fact that they pi$$ed all over the field at Pro Player the night before that playoff game a couple of years ago and they just turn my stomach. They are approaching Jet/Pat/Bill territory in my book. I enjoy watching any pro game and appreciate the talent of the players, but rooting for any other team or player (unless it benefits the 'Phins in the standings OR my fantasy football team) just goes against the grain for me. I'm not blasting anyone for split allegiances, but I just don't get it.

Originally posted by MissMeth

I understand rooting for a player and not a team. I do it with Santana Moss... i HATE THE JETS with everything in my body but Santana is a close friend of mine for years and i cant help but hope he has a good season (not the team just him). Same thing will go for Willis McGahee. It sucks that all my friends end up on teams i cant stand. The only one that hasnt is Ed Reed.. yea i dont like the Ravens but i dont hate them like the bills or jets.

Not to disagree with a lady...

I am a huge Canes fan but as soon as a player goes over to the enemy ( any other AFC East team) they have become the enemy.

Sorry, but otherwise I would have grown up rooting for Jim Kelly:eek:

Originally posted by john00agent

I didnt say Manning. I remember the Manning hit that we were penalized for. I am referring to a hit on Damon Huard. Hell, I think it was the game that he came in to replace an injured Marino and his first pass was returned for a TD. Early in the forth quarter a Colt LB busted Huards nose, but he came back and won the game for us.

Maybe I am dreaming, but I usually have a good memory.

Found it!!

http://espn.go.com/gen/newswire/1999/991122/00187870.html

Gadsden caught scoring passes of four and three yards from Damon Huard, who left the game late in the third quarter with a broken nose and did not return.

It was vs the Patsies though.......and Huard did not throw the TD......

I don't hate the Colts, never have. My second favorite are the Seahawks followed by Buccaneers & Jaguars.

I hate those damn Colts!...I Especially hate M. Vanderjagt and his little dumb celebration after he scores a field goal.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
I hate those damn Colts!...I Especially hate M. Vanderjagt and his little dumb celebration after he scores a field goal.

I thought it was really funny when Manning called him a "liquored-up kicker". One of my favorite Dolphin moments was when Vanderjagoff missed that field goal in the playoff game against us.
Before he kicked that thing I did my usual "Miss it, miss it, miss it, jackass, miss it f#@ker" turrette's syndrome curse/hex and threw in the little move he does as it was sailing outside the uprights. Then, knowing that he is Canadian, I ran around the house shouting "Missed it, eh?! Missed it, eh?! Hoser! Hoser! Hoser!"

I always enjoyed the Colts being "da biatch" of the AFC east...The Dolphins own Manning....

Carolina tried to assimilate all of us throughout North and South Carolina but they have only had success in upstate south carolina and North Carolina (Charlotte) in general...

I wish good things for Carolina because they are in the NFC and mostly does not effect Dolphin football..

I mean how could I not have a closet affection for the team...The owner, Jerry Richardson beat on the NFL's door throughout the 80's to come to a largely ignored Carolina Market...He came right out the gate and tried to produce a winner...He came close but sent the team into salary cap hell...Now as time has passed the market (Carolina's) has largely rejected the team and it is mainly recognized as a Charlotte team...

Most of us who grew up without a team in the Carolina's have remained loyal to the team we grew up with...For me that team is the Dolphins...

NBC had the Dolphin's on...
CBS had the Redskin's on...

It's really PO'ed the Skins fans (lol) in the Carolinas that they are "in market" for Carolina now and they must go to the bar if their game coincides with Carolina...

I agree with ZS13. I am also a huge Canes fan, but when a player moves to a rival team its over. When McGahee was asked did you wish you would have become a Miami Dolphin, he said no way I was never a Fins fan to begin with.

I'm not a fan of any other team although I will root for individual players. On the other hand, I also don't tend to hate other teams.

Back
Top Bottom