Am I the only Dolfan who thinks Ronnie Brown just isnt that good? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only Dolfan who thinks Ronnie Brown just isnt that good?

Brown is very good most of the time. Is he elite? NO. Is he good absolutely. Was he worth the 2nd pick in the draft...HELL NO.

you mean good ole Cedric Benson another fine product of the Mack brown school of hoodlums.

I like Ronnie but there are detractors in the media that thinks he is overrated but they can keep their opinion to themselves if truth be known.

if I had it my way which i cant but if i did i would have drafted mcfadden or felix jones but running back is the least of our concerns right now.

Ok guys I am not saying Ronnie is a bad player. I just dont think he is an elite Pro Bowl back that you would expect a 2nd overall pick to be. I love having him on the team and he is a great player at what he does. Problem is it isnt always being a RB. He is a versitle player. Just isnt a top 10 RB. I think that he cannot be a full 20+ guy and taking a RB overall when we passed on players such as Braylon Edwards, DeMarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman, Roddy White, Logan Mankins etc. Just to me he has yet to prove to me that he is worth what they pay him and where they took him at.

Good player? Yes. Great one. No. What has he really done? One full season with split carries and a Pro Bowl because of the wildcat nothing more. Sure good and very deserved but he did not make that Pro Bowl because he was an elite RB. Not one person here with a brain can believe that. I understand the need to defend basically the face of the Dolphins. But no one has really given me any bit of real arguement as to why he really is an elite back. The fact that Ricky Williams came back to the NFL after the damn CFL and almost overtook him all together speaks loudly. I think this season will be a huge season for his future as a Dolphin and whether or not Miami grabs another RB next season to limit Ronnie to Wildcat and other stuff.

I hope he has an amazing 1500yd season. I really do. I just dont think he has the health to do it on a consistant basis. He has a history of injury and really has never in his whole football career since Colllege been a true #1 RB. For a #2 overall he at least has to be able to do it once in a while. Again I hope he can but he has done nothing to prove that he can.

If is all about because he was the 2nd pick remeber how many struggles comes in "good" picks in those drafts. Just think in the QB.

If you are thinking 'cause was a old program before the trifecta comes to Miami, maybe Parcells and Co. will draft again Brown (we need a RB at that time and was one of the best players avaible).

And if you are thinking that's maybe isn't too good, forgeting the serious injury that he had. That's amazing 'cause compare the stats of good RB next year of that kind of injury, and you see him like a beast.
So he deserves more respect and support to be a better RB that as already is.

If you give Marino this back field, we would have had a dynasty. Yes Ronnie is that good. Yes he missed half a season in 3 years due to injury but aside from that he's played with injury. He's performed every year with a sub par line and last year with an improved line, Ronnie and Ricky gained 1700 yards on the ground.

I would say he has not lived up to a #2 overall pick. He has not stayed healthy for a full year as the featured back and produced one season with at least 1200 yard rushing.

On the GameFaqs forum I am one of about 6-7 Dolphin fans and all are normal Miami fans for the most part. But they all love Ronnie Brown. I for one think he is mediocre at best. Sure he has good games but never a good full season. His only full season in his career came when he was splitting carries this season (and he only started 13 games). I think for what we spent on the guy and where we drafted him he is starting to wear thin on me. I mean he is hurt 90% of the time and if you took away the Wildcat what would he have been like this past season? Im guessing not great.

So im wondering if anyone here thinks that this should be his last chance to be a full time starter in Miami this season and if you agree or disagree and why?

*Please dont kill me for bashing Ronnie I know most Miami fans love him*

I THOUGHT THE SAME THING LAST YEAR BUT MY OPINION HAS CHANGED ABOUT HIM. HE FINALLY LASTED THROUGH THE YEAR AND HE WAS GREAT... IMO. HE MIGHT NOT HAVE PRODUCED THAT MUCH BUT IF YOU GO BACK AND WATCH THE GAMES, SOME OF THE CUTS HE MAKES BREAKING DEFENDERS ANKLES IS OFF THE CHAIN. HE MADE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING ALOT... WHICH IS ALWAYS A GOOD THING... SO I SAY, AS LONG AS HE CA STAY HEALTHY... HE'S GOOD IN MY BOOK.

We have to see what he does with a real O-line. I do think he tends to dance in the backfield, but at the same time I don't see a lot of holes for him to go through either. If our line is as good as we hope, we will be able to decide at the end of the next season.

yes you are by yourself on that one, at least he wasn't benson, or caddy, and he loves to get hit or hit people before he gets hit

The obsession with striking a home run high in the draft leads to those picks turning into busts. I think we did pretty well considering that Ronnie brown is far from a bust, although he definitely isn't the home run that you want with the ridiculous rookie contracts.
I personally wanted Merriman for Saban's defense but I knew that he was not even considerable for the 2nd pick.

Yes you are the only one .... But I can see why you would think that .... Ronnie can either get you 10- 15 yards or lose like 2-3 yards... But did you seen him in the pro bowl he made the dolphines look good.

On the GameFaqs forum I am one of about 6-7 Dolphin fans and all are normal Miami fans for the most part. But they all love Ronnie Brown. I for one think he is mediocre at best. Sure he has good games but never a good full season. His only full season in his career came when he was splitting carries this season (and he only started 13 games). I think for what we spent on the guy and where we drafted him he is starting to wear thin on me. I mean he is hurt 90% of the time and if you took away the Wildcat what would he have been like this past season? Im guessing not great.

So im wondering if anyone here thinks that this should be his last chance to be a full time starter in Miami this season and if you agree or disagree and why?

*Please dont kill me for bashing Ronnie I know most Miami fans love him*

Two words. Offensive line.

Back
Top Bottom