Am I the only Dolfan who thinks Ronnie Brown just isnt that good? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only Dolfan who thinks Ronnie Brown just isnt that good?

if we were any better during his tenure here....kid would be a beast....but facts are our o-line has been terrible in the time he has been here...so its tuff to truly tell....but i have been a supporter from day one of ronnie

Two words. Offensive line.

This was going to be my argument as well. Ronnie should be even better in this upcoming season due to improvements on the OL.

Ronnie is a pretty tough RB, definitely worth the #2 pick. I love watching him play.

On the GameFaqs forum I am one of about 6-7 Dolphin fans and all are normal Miami fans for the most part. But they all love Ronnie Brown. I for one think he is mediocre at best. Sure he has good games but never a good full season. His only full season in his career came when he was splitting carries this season (and he only started 13 games). I think for what we spent on the guy and where we drafted him he is starting to wear thin on me. I mean he is hurt 90% of the time and if you took away the Wildcat what would he have been like this past season? Im guessing not great.

So im wondering if anyone here thinks that this should be his last chance to be a full time starter in Miami this season and if you agree or disagree and why?

*Please dont kill me for bashing Ronnie I know most Miami fans love him*

yes you are the only one that thinks ronnnie brown mediocre

nice talking to you(not really)

Last edited by a moderator:
On the GameFaqs forum I am one of about 6-7 Dolphin fans and all are normal Miami fans for the most part. But they all love Ronnie Brown. I for one think he is mediocre at best. Sure he has good games but never a good full season. His only full season in his career came when he was splitting carries this season (and he only started 13 games). I think for what we spent on the guy and where we drafted him he is starting to wear thin on me. I mean he is hurt 90% of the time and if you took away the Wildcat what would he have been like this past season? Im guessing not great.

So im wondering if anyone here thinks that this should be his last chance to be a full time starter in Miami this season and if you agree or disagree and why?

Good question man and a brave one to ask :D. I can totally see where you are coming from. I might not agree with you 100% but I understand why you have brought it up. His production over 4 years has not exactly been stellar (1 1,000 season, 1 season with double digit TD's and only 1 full season without injury).

However, is it all his fault? No, is the answer. We have not had a dominating O-line in a long time, we have been playing catch up more often than not thus moving away from the running game and maybe he was not getting the goal line carries he could have.

I am glad to have him as our RB and I have high hopes for our running game this year, with the improvements to our line :up:

MIAFANSQAUARED:

hell no your not the only one!!!!

he is a mediocre rb, nothing more, nothing less. and, he has an injury
bug to go with it all.

hey, great kid, and a coaches dream no doubt, but he was a guy who NEVER
started on ANY team he was EVER on untill he was MIRACULOUSLY drafted by
nick saban, not in high school, not in college.

and being drafted 2nd over all was just plain SILLY!! you dont draft a guy that
high never started on a team before. AND pay him the giga millions he got!!

HERE IS THE PROBLEM: and its not just ronnie brown. this team has been so
starved for REAL talent for so long that when ANYBODY makes a play or
comes along with some kind of hype, the fin fanz IMEDIATELY latch on to
them like its a life raft in the middle of the atlantic!! the plays some of our
guys make like bell and ronnie and will allen in a game or a week or a month,
most of the REAL talent players at there positions make those kind of plays
a few times A GAME!!

hey, we can keep changing fat centers and re tread ot's and fb's untill the
cows come home but ronnie brown is NEVER going to be a consistsnt, 1400
to 1700 yds a year rb. NEVER!!

WHERE HE NEEDS TO BE? he needs to be put at FULL BACK, full time!! ronnie
would be the ultimate full back in my book. he can catch, he is tough as nails,
he can block and he DOES have more run skills than most fb's would. remember
how they used mike anderson as fb behind terrell davis in denver for a while?
oh man! and rb would always be there in a pinch at tailback should our starter
go down.

but he is taking up WAY to much money for what he does and what he produces.
i believe that the trifecta wanted to trade him last year, and they should have
because now the HUGE part of his salary is up and NO ONE is going to keep him
or want him at that money so i just do not see a trade now. PLUS, he is keeping
us from landing the big time back we need. [lj anyone?]

i think patrick cobbs is a star waiting to happen. and he seems to be a big play
guy that ronnie isnt.

but yeah miafansquared, i dont think he is all that and i would not have a problem
if he wasnt on the team. i think he is expendable.

MIAFANSQAUARED:

hell no your not the only one!!!!

he is a mediocre rb, nothing more, nothing less. and, he has an injury
bug to go with it all.

hey, great kid, and a coaches dream no doubt, but he was a guy who NEVER
started on ANY team he was EVER on untill he was MIRACULOUSLY drafted by
nick saban, not in high school, not in college.

and being drafted 2nd over all was just plain SILLY!! you dont draft a guy that
high never started on a team before. AND pay him the giga millions he got!!

HERE IS THE PROBLEM: and its not just ronnie brown. this team has been so
starved for REAL talent for so long that when ANYBODY makes a play or
comes along with some kind of hype, the fin fanz IMEDIATELY latch on to
them like its a life raft in the middle of the atlantic!! the plays some of our
guys make like bell and ronnie and will allen in a game or a week or a month,
most of the REAL talent players at there positions make those kind of plays
a few times A GAME!!

hey, we can keep changing fat centers and re tread ot's and fb's untill the
cows come home but ronnie brown is NEVER going to be a consistsnt, 1400
to 1700 yds a year rb. NEVER!!

WHERE HE NEEDS TO BE? he needs to be put at FULL BACK, full time!! ronnie
would be the ultimate full back in my book. he can catch, he is tough as nails,
he can block and he DOES have more run skills than most fb's would. remember
how they used mike anderson as fb behind terrell davis in denver for a while?
oh man! and rb would always be there in a pinch at tailback should our starter
go down.

but he is taking up WAY to much money for what he does and what he produces.
i believe that the trifecta wanted to trade him last year, and they should have
because now the HUGE part of his salary is up and NO ONE is going to keep him
or want him at that money so i just do not see a trade now. PLUS, he is keeping
us from landing the big time back we need. [lj anyone?]

i think patrick cobbs is a star waiting to happen. and he seems to be a big play
guy that ronnie isnt.

but yeah miafansquared, i dont think he is all that and i would not have a problem
if he wasnt on the team. i think he is expendable.
You need to do a better job of checking your facts before you start spewing the same old tired crap about Ronnie Brown.
From Ronnie's bio at MiamiDolphins.com
http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/team/roster/playerBio.asp?docid=18154
Attended Cartersville (Ga.) High School where he was named the top running back in Georgia by Super Prep and the state Class 2A Player of the Year as a senior ... In his final prep season, rushed for 1,931 yards and 25 touchdowns on 206 attempts ... Also played free safety, a position from which he recorded three interceptions
From Wikipedia.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Brown
Brown attended Cartersville High School in Georgia, where he was a three-year starter and rushed for 936 yards, 12 touchdowns. In his senior year, he earned the Georgia Class 2A Player of the Year award when he gained 1,931 yards on 206 carries and scored 25 touchdowns. Brown led Cartersville that season to a state championship over Hart County - their first since 1990. During his high school career, he was selected to the PrepStar All-America team. He also played free safety and had three interceptions in his senior year.
Brown also started 21 games at Auburn with most of them coming in the 2002 season when he led the team with 1,008 yards rushing. Altough he was sharing time with Cadillac Williams, Brown still started seven games in 2004.

You need to do a better job of checking your facts before you start spewing the same old tired crap about Ronnie Brown.
From Ronnie's bio at MiamiDolphins.com

From Wikipedia.com

Brown also started 21 games at Auburn with most of them coming in the 2002 season when he led the team with 1,008 yards rushing. Altough he was sharing time with Cadillac Williams, Brown still started seven games in 2004.

way to talk about his high school stats bro,
he sucks NOW and what matters is NOW

yes you are

Get off the crack before the brain damage gets worse.

I for one think he is mediocre at best.

Good RB? Yes

Damn, I guess my knowledge of vocabulary is pretty shallow because I always thought medicore and good had different meanings.

Regardless, I think Ronnie has some phenomenal moments. More good than bad. One of the few playmakers we have had in years. I think he can be a little more consistent in his performances though. Some weeks he'll look like superman and then he'll look subpar the following week. So yes, he still has a lot more to prove.

BTW, I've met Ronnie and he's a cool guy, it has no bias on my opinion of his on the field play but I can't hate on him. He's out there having fun, wish more players were like that. There's a reason he's a favorite player of a lot of Dolfans.

You are not the only one who thinks he is average at best. I think he is third best in the AFC East. I love the fins but I dont think Ronnie Brown is playing up to the 2nd overall pick. I would replace him with Lynch, or Thomas Jones in a second. He has very few highlights when running the ball in a normal set. I usually run against the grain and it would not break my heart to see Ted Ginn and Ronnie Brown replaced. Both overrated as early 1st round picks.

Glad this site wasn't around in the 90's.
Dan Marino would be on the hot seat.

Pshh... *closes thread...

Back
Top Bottom