Amendola/landry Deja Vu? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amendola/landry Deja Vu?

Classic

Active Roster
Reaction score
I think it's good that Tannehill is developing a rapport with Amendola. Seems like they have the most chemistry on offense.

Alot was made about running our offense through the slot and my question is: how is this going to be any different ? If Amendola is going to be our most used/targeted receiver what makes it different than running the offense through Landry? Maybe that's just Tannehill's tendency. Pardon me if this is a stupid question, I'm not a football guru, just curious how this works

Players that aren't on the dolphins are trash and Landry is no longer on the dolphins so, therefore, Landry is trash.

Apply that to any former fin and you have your answer.

But to actually answer the question, it won't be like that. Amendola will get a fraction of the targets his predecessor got because the offense will no longer run through the slot with said slot being an extension of the running game. I expect RBs and TEs and other WRs to get those looks as well. I see them spreading the wealth ... why they waited so long would be the question. Plus I see a re-commitment to the running game with the success in that department.

Apparenty must be said: the offense running through Landry was not his fault. He was just the best option and most open. An overused security blanket.

I think the slot will still be the focus of most of the targets, not sure why that would change.

It may not be any different, we just have to wait and see. Personally I love Amendola's quiet demeanor and professionalism, Landry is a loud mouth overpaid me first ass wipe that I am happy to see gone.

I saw the play where Landry drew the foul and in that moment I was very happy he was not a Dolphin anymore. It was a real cheap, bull crap type of taunt followed by spinning the ball, the whole act that many of us got real tired of. I loved his heart and passion but I think whatever drives him to be a bit of a jerk sometimes is only getting worse. I think he'll keep hurting his team with penalties.

Did anyone see the Browns game last week. Jarvis Landry's first catch as a Brown was a personal foul, taunting....that came with an ejection warning. LOL Classic.

The foul wasn't on him, though, right?

Or did I hear incorrectly?

We're definitely going to miss Landry's play. His intensity was unmatched and he did some incredible things.

Sucks to lose him. I hope having a seam tight end will make his loss easier to take.

I would certainly hope that Amendola won't be targeted as much as Landry was.
If Parker keeps coming up lame then it's probably going to happen. On the flip side, probably won't be long until Amendola has some sort of ailment too. May need to keep 10 wr's on the roster just in case.

Amendola's snaps will be limited simply due to increased 12 personnel, IMO. They'll have to run it just to get Gesicki on the field so they don't have to ask him to block too much. Then we'll have 13 personnel as well.

Probably take some time to trust Gesicki as the sole TE in 11 unless the are running the Y-iso.

Like Gase said, it will depend on who we are playing (individual match-ups) and what their weakness and strengths are....

Back
Top Bottom