Amendola/landry Deja Vu? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amendola/landry Deja Vu?

I'm probably late to the party here as I'm sure everyone saw it but I was watching Hard Knocks first episode (just to see how he was getting on and Mayfield too), they were gushing over how he was performing in camp, catching other players remarking on how good he is. We are going to miss him, those that suggest otherwise a fooling themselves. Not that I don't believe the FO did the right thing in not paying him what the Browns gave him but he'll be a huge miss, he was always open and always fighting for those extra yards.

Seemed a little weird though in the segment they showed, now I'm as Atheist as they come so may be a little biased but the whole "bless him" thing was kinda odd, not necessarily what he said but the way he said it and the reaction of his team mates when he was doing it, they seemed a little embarrassed by him.

Here is the thing.....Landry should thank the Dolphins because he caught a crap ton of passes and not much else. This offense because of the O-Line issues, especially with all of the injuries has been limited to what it can run and how long the QB has to throw the ball. Been that way since Landry and even Tannehill came here. Tannehill and Cutler/Moore as well had no legit TE. We also had no other physical possession receiver besides Landry. Parker was always hurt and Stills is a speed guy. Ajayi was not a very good pass catching RB. This all led to Landry getting all the passes he got and the WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY over inflated contract he got. Besides Landry's total catch number, his other stats kind of suck including his YPC and only 22 receiving TD's over 4 years. These are not even close to what a #1 receiver in this league looks like, especially with as many opportunities he had.

Amendola will absolutely fill the quick passing game and short to medium 3rd down targets that Landry filled in the past 4 years. So in this instance yes, Danny A. can replace Landry. What I hope and expect is no receiver will even come close to 100 catches. We will have several with 40-50 and maybe one in the 60's. We have better receivers as a whole now and a legit TE. We also have RB's that can catch. Gore's YPC was almost the same as Landry's last year. Landry is not being replaced by one player, those 112 targets will be spread to multiple receivers and backs that can hopefully get more than 8.8 yards a pop and collectively more than 9 TDs in those 112 catches!

I'm probably late to the party here as I'm sure everyone saw it but I was watching Hard Knocks first episode (just to see how he was getting on and Mayfield too), they were gushing over how he was performing in camp, catching other players remarking on how good he is. We are going to miss him, those that suggest otherwise a fooling themselves. Not that I don't believe the FO did the right thing in not paying him what the Browns gave him but he'll be a huge miss, he was always open and always fighting for those extra yards.

Seemed a little weird though in the segment they showed, now I'm as Atheist as they come so may be a little biased but the whole "bless him" thing was kinda odd, not necessarily what he said but the way he said it and the reaction of his team mates when he was doing it, they seemed a little embarrassed by him.

Uhhh... what? Landry struggled to get separation downfield, hell he struggled to even know what routes he was supposed to run downfield. I think there are players on every team in the NFL who could get 100+ catches in a season if the vast majority of them were within 5 yards of the LOS, and a good chunk of them at or behind it. 112 catches with less than 1,000 yards is damn hard to do. In fact Landry was the first WR in NFL history to get 100+ catches and under 1,000 yards... that doesnt exactly scream to me that he was getting open very often, just that they were feeding him in very short areas and let's face it... the opposing defenses were willing to give that up.

I think it's good that Tannehill is developing a rapport with Amendola. Seems like they have the most chemistry on offense.

Alot was made about running our offense through the slot and my question is: how is this going to be any different ? If Amendola is going to be our most used/targeted receiver what makes it different than running the offense through Landry? Maybe that's just Tannehill's tendency. Pardon me if this is a stupid question, I'm not a football guru, just curious how this works

I think Danny is a fine reciever and could replace Laundry but as another posted pointed out he probably cannot stay healthy. RT must be able to quickly distribute the ball to different recievers in each and every game to be sucessful and keep our recievers healthy this season.

I agree. His toughness and big plays (3rd downs conversions) will be missed but maybe only to a certain extent. His antics will not be missed. I got the same feeling about his F bomb speech. I wasn't impressed. He still seems way too immature to me. Did you see Hue's reaction to the speech when asked about it?

“He is a new guy here, too. He is working through it. He is learning about how we go about it.” - Hue Jackson

WTH? huh?

My thoughts on Jarvis.....

It's not always a good thing when the biggest mouth in the locker room is from one of the most immature and selfish players.

How is that new WR room going to coexist with troubled Josh Gordan & Antonio Calloway who just got caught with weed? Hue Jackson said he believed Calloway's excuse but I'm not sure I'm buying it. He told coaches that he just had his car shipped from Florida 5 day prior and someone else left a roach in there. The cop said he smelled weed coming from the car. I would be demanding a drug test if I were the team or the NFL. Jackson just sweeps it under the rug.

How will Jarvis react when he has an elite receiver like Gordan on the team getting all the attention? One who is not his best friend (OBJ).

Todd Haley asked Jarvis to take Calloway under his wing. He said "I don't care if he has to move in with ya."

Now the video comes out with Landry throwing a ball at his teammates head in practice. He just got there and is already rocking the boat with his childish antics.

3 starting receivers with maturity issues and two of them with banned substance issues. Can Jarvis be the leader that BOTH receivers need him to be? Will Gordan even get along with Landry? What could go wrong?

I'm also SO glad we didn't end up with Hue Jackson as our coach.

I think Amendola will be out by week 5 if we try to use him the way we used Landry. I like him and think he will be an asset but he has always had injury issues. Say what you want about Landry but that SOB touched the ball more the ball more than any other WR in the NFL and played in EVERY GAME he's been able to. That's an accomplishment.

I agree. His toughness and big plays (3rd downs conversions) will be missed but maybe only to a certain extent. His antics will not be missed. I got the same feeling about his F bomb speech. I wasn't impressed. He still seems way too immature to me. Did you see Hue's reaction to the speech when asked about it?

“He is a new guy here, too. He is working through it. He is learning about how we go about it.” - Hue Jackson

WTH? huh?

My thoughts on Jarvis.....

It's not always a good thing when the biggest mouth in the locker room is from one of the most immature and selfish players.

How is that new WR room going to coexist with troubled Josh Gordan & Antonio Calloway who just got caught with weed? Hue Jackson said he believed Calloway's excuse but I'm not sure I'm buying it. He told coaches that he just had his car shipped from Florida 5 day prior and someone else left a roach in there. The cop said he smelled weed coming from the car. I would be demanding a drug test if I were the team or the NFL. Jackson just sweeps it under the rug.

How will Jarvis react when he has an elite receiver like Gordan on the team getting all the attention? One who is not his best friend (OBJ).

Todd Haley asked Jarvis to take Calloway under his wing. He said "I don't care if he has to move in with ya."

Now the video comes out with Landry throwing a ball at his teammates head in practice. He just got there and is already rocking the boat with his childish antics.

3 starting receivers with maturity issues and two of them with banned substance issues. Can Jarvis be the leader that BOTH receivers need him to be? Will Gordan even get along with Landry? What could go wrong?

I'm also SO glad we didn't end up with Hue Jackson as our coach.

I cant remember, it seemed like it was CK that said it, and I might be way off on the quote or person who said
Jarvis Landry...if you need 5 yards on 3rd down, he'll get you 7
if you need 7 yards on 3rd down, hell get you 7
if you need 10 yards on 3rd down, he'll get you 7

one of the things I loved on the bubble screen to DA the other day, sure it didn't get much yards, but he caught it and WENT!! no hesitation, took those guaranteed couple yards but hit it. Landry was always going to dance as soon as he caught it, wait on the screen to come to him then decide what he wanted to do, often having to start trying to evade defenders behind the LOS, sure sometimes he fought them off and got some positive yards, but I don't know if I ever saw him just catch the screen and GO

The only reason Calloway is still on that team is because he can play. They’d have cut him otherwise.

Leash is always longer for guys that can play. Miami’s gonna miss juice on 3rd down. I have no doubts about that. Amendola can’t replace that consistency.

Back
Top Bottom