Amendola/landry Deja Vu? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amendola/landry Deja Vu?

Way I see it, Landry was a relief valve for Tannehill so he wouldn’t be crushed. Hence the ton of catches.

I don’t think we wanted to use Landry the way we used him. The other receivers we had did not have time to get down field before the line failed and down goes Tannehill. So, we leaned to dump the ball QUICK.

I believe our passing game will improve dramatically. Lots of targets and an improved line (pray).

And I don’t think Gase has any plans to run Amendola (or anyone else) the way we ran Landry.

Our offense was very predictable last year. The hope is that it will be much more dynamic this year. Last year, here were our problems:

1. OL couldn't consistently generate running lanes, making us one-dimensional.
2. OL was mediocre at pass defending, and often so bad that we didn't have time to throw deep, further limiting us to a short passing game.
3. QB was bad and became extremely gun-shy when the OL couldn't keep pressure off him, so he spent much of the season in a non-stop backpedal, further guaranteeing that we could only throw short.
4. No TE threat down the seam or in the red zone, and minimal production on 3rd down.

This year, we made a bunch of changes: So with Sitton and Davis, we have two guards who generate good run blocking and solid pass protection. Our center Kilgore is average. Tunsil looks to be improved at LT. Our depth with a healthy Larsen, etc., should be a bit better than last year. That really helps points 1 and 2.

Our QB is ten-fold better than last year, with ability, accuracy, mobility, command of the huddle and offense, and willingness to stand in the pocket and deliver strikes even when he gets hit. The deeper routes are back on the table.

The addition of Gesicki is going to be huge for seam, red zone, and 3rd down efficiency. I'm expecting a lot better options for our offense.

But, as far as Amendola/Landry, I think we are going to be able to spread it out a lot more. Before Cutler became gun-shy and permanently back-pedaled every play, he was utilizing Parker a fair amount. I'm expecting Tannehill to get back to that. Plus, rotating in Jakeem Grant for deep balls and ridiculous lateral agility, Albert Wilson all over the formation as a wildcard, and Amendola in the slot, means we will see a more varied offense. Preparing for us will be much harder this year, and we will have a lot more options to exploit mismatches. Amendola will certainly not generate the number of targets that Landry did, but it's a good thing, because we will have so many more weapons.

I'm expecting Tannehill to build upon his 2016 season after the team learned Gase's offense. This should be fun.

It may not be any different, we just have to wait and see. Personally I love Amendola's quiet demeanor and professionalism, Landry is a loud mouth overpaid me first *** wipe that I am happy to see gone.

Which should be taken with a grain of salt because he’s younger, tougher, more durable, and outproduces. I prefer a nose down and get to work mentality too, but I’ll take production and head case over losing. Just need to get better all around to actually put together a winning team. If Miami can do that this year without the head cases then so be it. I’m doubtful of that. The best leaders shut up their head cases by winning. That’s all these alphas really want to do; win.

Which should be taken with a grain of salt because he’s younger, tougher, more durable, and outproduces. I prefer a nose down and get to work mentality too, but I’ll take production and head case over losing. Just need to get better all around to actually put together a winning team. If Miami can do that this year without the head cases then so be it. I’m doubtful of that. The best leaders shut up their head cases by winning. That’s all these alphas really want to do; win.

Landry is not an Alpha...

112 catches with less than 1,000 yards is damn hard to do. In fact Landry was the first WR in NFL history to get 100+ catches and under 1,000 yards...

This tells me all I need to know about Jarvis Landry.

Miss Landry. He was a stud, wish we could've worked things out

Oh good grief. This again.

We wont miss landry. He more than doubled his TD production last year and our record got worse by 4.... and the team TD production went down drastically more than his went up. He does NOT elevate an offense and I'm not sure why anyone comes to the conclusion that he does. Absolutely a valuable compliment to a balanced O but not crucial. Amendola can do everything he did just without the penalties.

112 catches with less than 1,000 yards is damn hard to do. In fact Landry was the first WR in NFL history to get 100+ catches and under 1,000 yards...

This tells me all I need to know about Jarvis Landry.

But, but, but THAT is the OL's fault or the coaches fault. He HAD to run short patterns!!!!! It's a TEEEEAAAAAMMMMM GAAAAMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!

(actually I agree with the above but I'll be damned if I'll let any anti-Tannehill poster use that rationale)

I don't have a problem with Landry's production on the field or his role in the offense. I have a problem with the rumors of him not knowing the plays and a problem with the childish antics.

Back
Top Bottom