An All Offense Draft? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An All Offense Draft?

I would argue that a quality C or LG would help Tua more than a TE ever will.

I think any of the top 3 C's or Avila would have a huge impact on the OL, filling what was the weakest spot with either Avila, or Williams moving back to LG and making way for an actual C.I may be a bigger Luke Wypler fan than most but the way he moves his feet seems like he was made to play in this Offense.Tippmann has good feet too, as does Mauch.Schmintz is less of an athlete than the others but he is a quality OC prospect, most have him #1 in the class.

Cody Mauch is an OT who might move inside who would help as well and could possibly stick at RT. Matt Bergeron from Syracuse is similar as OG might be his future but he looks like a fit athletically at RT for Miami.

Darnell Wright is probably a dream to slide to Miami and they won't sniff any of the other top OT's.

As I said, I am somewhat confident that a vet RT can be found later in Training Camp when the team gains the Byron Jones Cap space. I suppose an IOL could be added that way as well.

But I would be worried should the team come out of this Draft with nothing on the OL.

This team has a Super Bowl future that will be scuttled by poor OL play.
I would be happy with Mauch or Avila at 51. I think Mauch is better suited for guard than tackle, but he could help at tackle in a pinch.

Blake Freeland is a wildcard for me. Maybe too rich at 51, but I think he has the athletic profile to play left tackle. I rarely like offensive linemen who aren't good run blockers, but I think he could be very good in pass protection.

As an aside, offensive line is such a nuanced position. Easy to see if a guy is a mauler, or has quick feet. But hard to judge if they are assignment sound, can quickly adjust to stunts and other things defenses do etc.

I think it is pretty likely Achane will be there at 51.

I would love to see another crazy fast guy in the offense but you can get that with Keaton Mitchell on Day 3 or guys like Spears and Tucker and Deuce Vaughn much later than Achane.

I just don't see RB as a need. Build the OL and Miami has more than enough RB talent to run the ball effectively.
Existing RB talent is fine for the opener and likely 1/2 a season or more but we can't count on two older injury prone players to be humming along when we need them the most late in the year and in the playoffs. This team is ripe to add a young difference making back to round out an already strong offense which will allow us to commit to the running game and protect Tua more.

Existing RB talent is fine for the opener and likely 1/2 a season or more but we can't count on two older injury prone players to be humming along when we need them the most late in the year and in the playoffs. This team is ripe to add a young difference making back to round out an already strong offense which will allow us to commit to the running game and protect Tua more.
I want to add a RB in this Draft, just not in R2 and preferably not R3 either.

I hope they are able to trade down a little from one of their two Day 2 picks and add a 4th or two 5's or something like that to grab a RB.

I trust that McDaniel is schooled well enough in The Shanahan Model they they won't be using an early pick at RB.

My dream draft would be

#51 Washington
#84 Freeland
# 197 DT Ojomo?
# 238 RB There'll be a few. I really like the Minn guy. Ibrahim?

My dream draft would be

#51 Washington
#84 Freeland
# 197 DT Ojomo?
# 238 RB There'll be a few. I really like the Minn guy. Ibrahim?
That would work for me. I think Washington has an outside shot. I also like LaPorta and Kraft at TE.

Freeland is very interesting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom