An Encouraging Loss | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Encouraging Loss

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Miami led most of the way in this game. Obviously those two turnovers were huge, one with Miami in scoring position and leading 14-9, the other really sealing the win for Buffalo. That's 14 points right there.

I thought Fitzpatrick played really well except for the interception, which he needed to throw to the outside of the wide receiver, or maybe even just toss it away and get the field goal. He's mentality is to always try to make a play, which is both good and bad. I thought he made plays on the run today, the touchdown and moving around in the pocket to avoid the rush. Got to love his effort.

The running game emerged a little bit. The defense was decent, but didn't play very well in the fourth quarter.

Interesting that Miami used Walton more than Drake, especially with trade rumors for Drake circulating. I wonder if we'll see more of Walton considering he had a good game.

I'm still hopeful that the Dolphins can get a win, maybe next week at Pittsburgh.

Best outcome possible IMO.

We did enough to get Buffalo boo’d into half time, so that’s a win.

The 2nd half went the way it needed to.

Mark Walton, Preston Williams, Mike Gesicki and Devante Parker showed they want to be part of the rebuild.

The Wilkins ejection was discouraging to say the least.

Jerome Baker continues to be a baller.

I agree that it was an encouraging loss, but maybe not for the reasons you think.

Buffalo is a fraud team. They've bullied lousy competition. The Jets, the Bengals, the Titans, and the Giants. The one good team they played -- New England -- beat them in Buffalo. So when the Bills came out full of their usual swagger, failed to get the bounces they've been accustomed to, and got a little more of a fight from Miami than they expected, there was a real danger that the Dolphins would somehow **** up and win the game. I was pretty frightened of that possibility in the second quarter, I'm not going to lie.

Fortunately, the Dolphins' coaching staff did their thing at halftime and once again the Dolphins came out with the worst second half adjustments in the history of football. The net result, Miami is still alive against the Bengals in the chase for the #1 pick.

Real proud of our coaching staff for somehow pulling this one off.

I'm encouraged by what the coaching staff has done over the last 2 games. The players are playing hard and competing. The disappointment comes from Charles Harris and Rashad Jones. Jones due to his constant injury situation and Harris due to his lack of ability to make any kind of play. Howard is beginning to worry me. Not sure what is going on with him, injury wise? But for me the play of the Offensive Line over the last 3 games has really been a positive surprise. Raekwon McMillan has really shined since returning. He's been a true bright spot. If only Jerome Baker can start making his presence felt more, than Miami may have something at LB?

I agree that it was an encouraging loss, but maybe not for the reasons you think.

Buffalo is a fraud team. They've bullied lousy competition. The Jets, the Bengals, the Titans, and the Giants. The one good team they played -- New England -- beat them in Buffalo. So when the Bills came out full of their usual swagger, failed to get the bounces they've been accustomed to, and got a little more of a fight from Miami than they expected, there was a real danger that the Dolphins would somehow **** up and win the game. I was pretty frightened of that possibility in the second quarter, I'm not going to lie.

Fortunately, the Dolphins' coaching staff did their thing at halftime and once again the Dolphins came out with the worst second half adjustments in the history of football. The net result, Miami is still alive against the Bengals in the chase for the #1 pick.

Terrible take on the coaching staff. They were moving the ball on offense. The int and fumble are on the players and a talented corner back who plays for the Bills. Your agenda is obvious.

The non review or measurement of the 3rd down play in the 3rd quarter just before the fake FG, is still bothering me. The Refs should have called for a measurement or Flores should have thrown the Red Flag to review it. Missed opportunity IMO.

Terrible take on the coaching staff. They were moving the ball on offense. The int and fumble are on the players and a talented corner back who plays for the Bills. Your agenda is obvious.

I think the team's performance in the second half of games this season speaks for itself.

Fitz is what he is, a hit or miss gun slinger that’s getting older so he misses more often than not. He’s giving our guys a chance to make places while making enough critical errors to get the number one pick. The game was semi entertaining today. Can’t complain. Keep garbage Rosen on the bench.

I think the team's performance in the second half of games this season speaks for itself.

I agree that the talent gap with the other team is magnified in the second half. I agree that young players tend to be out played and find ways to loose. I agree that players that are not use to a complicated defensive scheme and offensive scheme tend to play slow. I just disagree with your conclusion that it is proof of poor adjustments by the coaching staff. Even if there is some merit to this opinion, I have seen growth in the rookie coordinators over these first 6 games. The derision in your statements about the adjustments, shows an unwillingness to allow the coordinators to grow into their position.

They went away from Mark Walton at the right time, immediately following Buffalos 17-14 lead.

Mark Walton gets 20 carries easy in a “normal” situation.

The non review or measurement of the 3rd down play in the 3rd quarter just before the fake FG, is still bothering me. The Refs should have called for a measurement or Flores should have thrown the Red Flag to review it. Missed opportunity IMO.
The refs stop each game over 100 damn times and Flores signaling for a measure can't get it. Again I laugh at anyone who can possible think the NFL has any ground to investigate a tank job. The NFL is so fixed it's sad. If they don't get rid of Goodell and fix reffing in the next year it could cause a downfall of the league.

When will people finally stop talking about potential with Williams. He is 6 games in. Once you have problems holding on to the ball teams notice. He either fixes it or he is done. Most rec and backs with hands problems do t fix it. No matter what’s E.P. some go heaven posters think. Though if you thought Chris chambers and randy Michael were good times then you might enjoy Preston Williams. Hope he fixes this but I doubt it. It usually sticks.

Oddly enough, that drive to start the 2nd half was maybe our longest drive of the season with a successful fake FG on top of it. I get how you feel currently but a bit of substance to prove your point would be appreciated as I thought it was a well coached game today.

When will people finally stop talking about potential with Williams. He is 6 games in. Once you have problems holding on to the ball teams notice. He either fixes it or he is done. Most rec and backs with hands problems do t fix it. No matter what’s E.P. some go heaven posters think. Though if you thought Chris chambers and randy Michael were good times then you might enjoy Preston Williams. Hope he fixes this but I doubt it. It usually sticks.

He's 6 games in as an undrafted rookie in the starting lineup. Let's hold off on the either he catches it "today" or he's done talk.
I know it's hard..but try.

Back
Top Bottom