An Encouraging Loss | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Encouraging Loss

Amari Cooper is a guy that hand catching issues and corrected them.

The play today was an All Pro caliber CB making a superb play.

I agree that the talent gap with the other team is magnified in the second half. I agree that young players tend to be out played and find ways to loose. I agree that players that are not use to a complicated defensive scheme and offensive scheme tend to play slow. I just disagree with your conclusion that it is proof of poor adjustments by the coaching staff. Even if there is some merit to this opinion, I have seen growth in the rookie coordinators over these first 6 games. The derision in your statements about the adjustments, shows an unwillingness to allow the coordinators to grow into their position.

This team ****ing sucks from the top down. Which is great. This team needs to suck this season.

If you think otherwise and you think there are bright or encouraging spots on this 0-6 team, that's great.

You never get tired of that same sarcastic bullcrap???

What's sarcastic about it? This team was built to lose games. Do you honestly think otherwise?

Drink more tap water.

He's 6 games in as an undrafted rookie in the starting lineup. Let's hold off on the either he catches it "today" or he's done talk.
I know it's hard..but try.
If memory serves Jerry Rice had trouble holding onto the ball as a rookie. I know he worked his butt off and Williams will have to do the same. I like his potential.

This game was just vintage Fitzpatrick. Play well, screw up your success with an unforced mistake, disappear for a bit, then play well again when its too late.

He's a choke artist and has been for 15 years. If not he may still be in Buffalo playing for the actual Bills, not just throwing passes to them in the red zone.

This game was just vintage Fitzpatrick. Play well, screw up your success with an unforced mistake, disappear for a bit, then play well again when its too late.

He's a choke artist and has been for 15 years. If not he may still be in Buffalo playing for the actual Bills, not just throwing passes to them in the red zone.
Nah, I just see him as a backup. Too inconsistent to be a starter. Plus, for a smart guy he just never wants to give up on a play. Sometimes that's great, sometimes like the interception today, it's not. Fitz played well today except for that play, which obviously was huge.

Ironically, the game/momentum-changing play was ex-Dolphin (cut BTW) Jordan Phillips. He was on Fitz the second the ball was snapped when we had first and goal at the 2 after Beastmode Haack got the 1st down after the fake FG. WTF was Dieter thinking? Double team the guy to your left and let 320lb. Phillips run free at your QB?

Last edited:
Ironically, the game/momentum-changing play was ex-Dolphin (cut BTW) Jordan Phillips. He was on Fitz the second the ball was snapped when we had first and goal at the 2 after Beastmode Haack got th e 1st down after the fake FH. WTF was Dieter thinking? Double team the guy to your left and let 320lb. Phillips run free at your QB?

What i like is prior to that play you forgot that Phillips was active and playing for that team.

Nah, I just see him as a backup. Too inconsistent to be a starter. Plus, for a smart guy he just never wants to give up on a play. Sometimes that's great, sometimes like the interception today, it's not. Fitz played well today except for that play, which obviously was huge.

I've got no problem with a guy like Fitz as a backup. I'm all for the mold of Matt Moore, Fitz, Nick Foles type backups who can come in and make some big plays, rather than a game manager.

I've got no problem with a guy like Fitz as a backup. I'm all for the mold of Matt Moore, Fitz, Nick Foles type backups who can come in and make some big plays, rather than a game manager.

Fitz is a great backup for exactly this season. He was fine today, honestly.

What i like is prior to that play you forgot that Phillips was active and playing for that team.
It was his 5th sack in 6 games. 5 more than all of our interior linemen combined this year so there's that...

Today we got to evaluate other players because of fitz

Fitz is a great backup for exactly this season. He was fine today, honestly.

Fine today except for that his interception was the one play that turned us running away with a lead into us playing on our heels against a division opponent with a 4-1 record and playing in their house. You can't just minimize those things when it comes from a career choke artist.

But I'm not getting worked up over it. I was upset that the play turned a very likely Dolphins victory into a loss when we may not have any wins this year and will rarely end up in such an advantageous position. But at this point, even if Rosen's play last week was the result of some of the worst play calling and coaching I've ever seen coming out of a bye, if Fitz at least plays well enough for us to develop players on both sides of the ball, I suppose I can be happy. Our offensive skill players are better all around for what happened today.

Ironically, the game/momentum-changing play was ex-Dolphin (cut BTW) Jordan Phillips. He was on Fitz the second the ball was snapped when we had first and goal at the 2 after Beastmode Haack got the 1st down after the fake FG. WTF was Dieter thinking? Double team the guy to your left and let 320lb. Phillips run free at your QB?
Fxck Adam Gase, Philips has 5 sacks on the season and our number 1 draft pick to replace him has 9 tackles and was throw out of the game after the first play of game

Back
Top Bottom