An Encouraging Loss | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Encouraging Loss

It's the freakin Bills. They have a good record this year and play gritty football but their QB has bottom tier accuracy and their offense in general is extremely pedestrian. The Bills should never be favored by 17 points over anyone. And that's even if the go 15-1.

All the Goddamn experts said we would score only 0-9 points and the JiLLLLs score 41-48 points. How that ****ing go? Las Vegas are morons. I won some money today. Capisci.

Rookie has nothing to do with bad hands. Look it up. Players who struggled with drops and fumbles do not usually improve. Watch the tape dude. Even Brandon Marshall struggled with drops. Never improved on it.

Jerry Rice struggled with drops his entire rookie season. I’m sure some ignorant, instant gratification 49ers fan back then was complaining the same as you. How’d that work out?

Rice is far from the only name WR to suffer from drops early in a career.

It’s amazing how little patience there is out in the world.

The Bills have beaten: Miami, Cincinnati, NYJ, NYG, and Tennessee. That's five teams with a combined total of six wins in thirty-one games. Tennessee having three of those wins and being the crown jewel of the group with a 3-4 record.

The Bills are a fraud *** team. The real eye-popping number here is that the Bills were 17 point favorites against anyone with that offense.

That's a good point. I still think with as hot of a start as they have had they could very well end up with a playoff berth. Their defense plays well and their offense is not good but the one plus side to Allen is they always find a way to generate something, even if its only with his legs. They played NE very competitively most of the game and may have won if Barkley wasn't playing QB. But they are very much the type of team to eek out wins, not the type that is going to dominate anyone.

Jerry Rice struggled with drops his entire rookie season. I’m sure some ignorant, instant gratification 49ers fan back then was complaining the same as you. How’d that work out?

Rice is far from the only name WR to suffer from drops early in a career.

It’s amazing how little patience there is out in the world.
It's not lack of patience.

It's "look at me, I'm negative and I'm a football genius who knows everything, including the future."

IE: A douchebag.

It's not lack of patience.

It's "look at me, I'm negative and I'm a football genius who knows everything, including the future."

IE: A douchebag.
I don’t even know why some of them bother. Have to be very negative about anything and everything. Today had a few positives, I expected us to be bad, but I’m glad that this team built of mostly scraps is making some progress.

Rookie has nothing to do with bad hands. Look it up. Players who struggled with drops and fumbles do not usually improve. Watch the tape dude. Even Brandon Marshall struggled with drops. Never improved on it.
Hate to break the news to you but many greats had the drops as rookies, Jerry rice had butter fingers , all receivers drop balls, ObJ and Landry can have drop issues....our boy will be fine

Hate to break the news to you but many greats had the drops as rookies, Jerry rice had butter fingers , all receivers drop balls, ObJ and Landry can have drop issues....our boy will be fine

Preston is probably already a better downfield receiver than Landry, who still does contain some butter fingers. Landry was still an offensive force because of his ability with the ball in his hands to be a running back in the passing game.

I've always said Rice hands were slightly overrated but the majority of greats rarely dropped balls, Randy Moss,Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Chris Carter, Antonio Brown were extremely sure handed, the main elite wrs with issues I can think of were T.O and Amari Cooper.

I've always said Rice hands were slightly overrated but the majority of greats rarely dropped balls, Randy Moss,Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Chris Carter, Antonio Brown were extremely sure handed, the main elite wrs with issues I can think of were T.O and Amari Cooper.
Now Cooper is elite - not good? not great? Elite wow?

Best outcome possible IMO.

We did enough to get Buffalo boo’d into half time, so that’s a win.

The 2nd half went the way it needed to.

Mark Walton, Preston Williams, Mike Gesicki and Devante Parker showed they want to be part of the rebuild.

The Wilkins ejection was discouraging to say the least.

Jerome Baker continues to be a baller.
Ghost, great minds think alike. I just singled out those same 4 players in another thread as young guys who are balling!!

Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, and Andre Johnson all had drop issues as rookies hell Owens had drop issues throughout his career and he still ended up a pretty decent WR by most standards. Just last year Calvin Ridley was 2nd in the NFL with 10 drops and this year he only has 3 through 7 games. Marshall Faulk had 23 fumbles in 5 years with the Colts and only 9 fumbles in the 1st 5 years with the Rams and as someone already mentioned Tiki Barber as another example. Terrell Owens had 7 fumbles his 1st 5 years and only 2 fumbles the following 5 years. Brandon Marshall had 15 fumbles his 1st 3 years and only 3 fumbles the following 3 years. To say players can't clean up their fumbles issues is just wrong.

As far as drops go WR's notoriously take a couple years to catch on (pun intended haha). Just like with all other positions once the game slows down you can see what you really have. Maybe he never improves on the drops or the fumbles but there's no way to determine that 6 games into his rookie year.

Ghost, great minds think alike. I just singled out those same 4 players in another thread as young guys who are balling!!

Precisely the reason you don’t build team with skill guys.

We can revisit those positions after we’ve gotten a QB, OL and pass rushers.

By all means though if you like a guy later in the draft at RB or WR, go for it. Just no need for the heavy investment in the first two rounds.

I think it’s actually 4 times. Dropped TD week 1 vs Balt, dropped that gorgeous bomb vs NE, dropped a TD in the Dallas game and dropped / fumbled that one today. I guess the NE game was out of reach but he needs to make those plays.

And he needs to improve now while the team stinks and the outcomes don’t really matter. A contending team cannot and wouldn’t put up w this.

Youre mistaken on the Baltimore one. That was a defenders hands. Ignore the announcer.

Back
Top Bottom