An Encouraging Loss | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Encouraging Loss

Fxck Adam Gase, Philips has 5 sacks on the season and our number 1 draft pick to replace him has 9 tackles and was throw out of the game after the first play of game
Jay Ajayi was the starting RB for Super Bowl champion Eagles after being jettisoned by Gase. F Gase!

Fine today except for that his interception was the one play that turned us running away with a lead into us playing on our heels against a division opponent with a 4-1 record and playing in their house. You can't just minimize those things when it comes from a career choke artist.

This is very fair, but I think we were only in this game to begin with because Fitz was making some big plays in the passing game. I don't think you can just say the quarterback choked the game away when it was his downfield throws that put the team in anything resembling a competitive position to begin with.

Jay Ajayi was the starting RB for Super Bowl champion Eagles after betting jettisoned by Gase. F Gase!

I can't blame Gase for this. Ajayi imploded his own career with his own stupidity. Productive players, even great players have to be benched when they are putting themselves above the team.

Analogy from another South Florida team: Last night the Panthers benched their first line wingers for the last ten minutes of the third period, then overtime, and then the shootout, because they were half-assing it and playing poorly. Watching that team get pushed around in OT while Huberdeau and Dadonov were on the bench was brutal, but it was necessary for the team and the season. Sometimes, the laundry is more important than individual excellence. Not all of the time, but sometimes.

This is very fair, but I think we were only in this game to begin with because Fitz was making some big plays in the passing game. I don't think you can just say the quarterback choked the game away when it was his downfield throws that put the team in anything resembling a competitive position to begin with.

But that's the nature of choke artists. That kind of justification is how guys like Jay Cutler kill three coaching staffs all while making major millions to not win year after year. You can't just separate the fatal mistake from the otherwise good play when the mistake was the key play in turning a win into a loss.
But its a silly debate to have. The reality is Flores and staff aren't capable of developing Rosen, who isn't the full package yet but has legit arm talent too. They had two weeks to prepare for a dumpster fire opponent and came out of the gate last week being completely unable to run more than a handful of plays in the first half without the QB being hit by an unotuched pass rusher or the play call being so predictable that the defense could jump every screen before the ball got to the receiver. Rosen was fazed by that to the point where on the rare occasions that a play could have been made, Rosen wasn't finding guys and getting rid of the ball. Fitz coming in with nothing to lose is something he thrives in and that gets his positive momentum going. Though it never was, this season is not about wins and losses, and Fitz being able to put some energy into the offense and some production will be best for the team.

I agree that it was an encouraging loss, but maybe not for the reasons you think.

Buffalo is a fraud team. They've bullied lousy competition. The Jets, the Bengals, the Titans, and the Giants. The one good team they played -- New England -- beat them in Buffalo. So when the Bills came out full of their usual swagger, failed to get the bounces they've been accustomed to, and got a little more of a fight from Miami than they expected, there was a real danger that the Dolphins would somehow **** up and win the game. I was pretty frightened of that possibility in the second quarter, I'm not going to lie.

Fortunately, the Dolphins' coaching staff did their thing at halftime and once again the Dolphins came out with the worst second half adjustments in the history of football. The net result, Miami is still alive against the Bengals in the chase for the #1 pick.

Real proud of our coaching staff for somehow pulling this one off.
[/QUOTE
Just not feeling this at all. I like the Dolphins.

But that's the nature of choke artists. That kind of justification is how guys like Jay Cutler kill three coaching staffs all while making major millions to not win year after year. You can't just separate the fatal mistake from the otherwise good play when the mistake was the key play in turning a win into a loss.
But its a silly debate to have. The reality is Flores and staff aren't capable of developing Rosen, who isn't the full package yet but has legit arm talent too. They had two weeks to prepare for a dumpster fire opponent and came out of the gate last week being completely unable to run more than a handful of plays in the first half without the QB being hit by an unotuched pass rusher or the play call being so predictable that the defense could jump every screen before the ball got to the receiver. Rosen was fazed by that to the point where on the rare occasions that a play could have been made, Rosen wasn't finding guys and getting rid of the ball. Fitz coming in with nothing to lose is something he thrives in and that gets his positive momentum going. Though it never was, this season is not about wins and losses, and Fitz being able to put some energy into the offense and some production will be best for the team.

Flores is a sensitive subject around here but I guess all I can say is that I really, really, really don't trust Chad O'Shea and crew with Tua or whoever we pick in the first round.

The Dolphins, were 17-point underdogs and covered the spread, and nearly beat a one-loss Buffalo Bills team on the road in a major upset with a lineup filled with unknowns. A win is only a matter of time now. Once it happens, and it will believe me and bank it. They are getting better each week were 2 yards away from going up 21-9. Gusty *$$ call for the fake FG by Flores I am impressed with our ST's. The INT at the goal line changed the game. But, we still had a chance to win it, which is every encouraging. I am encouraged that 4 wins are still in play maybe more. Just have to put together a complete 60 minute game. Very soon we will see a "W" in our standings. It just a matter of time now. FINS UP BABY!!! I am so excited for MNF we have not be on MNF for a long time.

Last edited:
This team ****ing sucks from the top down. Which is great. This team needs to suck this season.

If you think otherwise and you think there are bright or encouraging spots on this 0-6 team, that's great.

What's sarcastic about it? This team was built to lose games. Do you honestly think otherwise?

Drink more tap water.
The coaches and players are NOT trying to lose.

Flores is a sensitive subject around here but I guess all I can say is that I really, really, really don't trust Chad O'Shea and crew with Tua or whoever we pick in the first round.

Same here. I can't cheer for losses and the vain perception that we will magically be able to turn an above average amount of draft picks and cap space into talent, especially when the people utilizing that will be questionable. But this team having some idea of who its offensive playmakers are will certainly help a young QB.

I don't think there is any telltale sign of how inept Flores really is than his handling of the QB situation this year, and the reality is that playing Fitz may be the only way for him to mask his missteps and probably his best chance to avoid the embarassment of going his first season without a single win.

The coaches and players are NOT trying to lose.

When did I say that they are? However, my opinion is that the decision-makers who assembled the team wanted a bad football team. They want a team that will lose many games (to acquire better draft position) and be cheap to field (to secure a better salary cap position going forward), and that is exactly what they have put together.

Part of putting together a bad team is that you put together a bad team. You know what I mean? You don't go find good players and coaches and tell them to do a bad job; you go find bad players and coaches and tell them to do a good job. Because it doesn't matter what you tell a bad roster with bad coaches, you're going to get bad results.

The Dolphins, were 17-point underdogs and covered the spread, and nearly beat a one-loss Buffalo Bills team on the road in a major upset with a lineup filled with unknowns. A win is only a matter of time now. Once it happens, and it will believe me and bank it. They are getting better each week were 2 yards away from going up 21-9. Gusty *$$ call for the fake FG by Flores I am impressed with our ST's. The INT a the goal line changed the game. But, we still had a chance to win it, which is every encouraging. I am encouraged that 4 wins are still in play maybe more. Just have to put together a complete 60 minute game. Very soon l we will see a "W" in our standings. It just a matter of time now. FINS UP BABY!!! I am so excited for MNF we have not be on MNF for a long time.

It's the freakin Bills. They have a good record this year and play gritty football but their QB has bottom tier accuracy and their offense in general is extremely pedestrian. The Bills should never be favored by 17 points over anyone. And that's even if the go 15-1.

Fxck Adam Gase, Philips has 5 sacks on the season and our number 1 draft pick to replace him has 9 tackles and was throw out of the game after the first play of game

But Wilkins has high character and that should be worth at least 5 sacks on its own. Plus you add in Harris and his high character, that's already ten sacks on our d-line!

The Bills have beaten: Miami, Cincinnati, NYJ, NYG, and Tennessee. That's five teams with a combined total of six wins in thirty-one games. Tennessee having three of those wins and being the crown jewel of the group with a 3-4 record.

The Bills are a fraud ass team. The real eye-popping number here is that the Bills were 17 point favorites against anyone with that offense.

Back
Top Bottom