An Encouraging Loss | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Encouraging Loss

He's 6 games in as an undrafted rookie in the starting lineup. Let's hold off on the either he catches it "today" or he's done talk.
I know it's hard..but try.
And you can try to know how a route should be run. Ford had his route ran for him but you took the total armchair fan route and blamed fitz. Lol lol. Great job. You really can scout the game well.

When will people finally stop talking about potential with Williams. He is 6 games in. Once you have problems holding on to the ball teams notice. He either fixes it or he is done. Most rec and backs with hands problems do t fix it. No matter what’s E.P. some go heaven posters think. Though if you thought Chris chambers and randy Michael were good times then you might enjoy Preston Williams. Hope he fixes this but I doubt it. It usually sticks.

So who you are as a rookie is who you're going to be for the rest of your career? Players don't improve? Makes sense.

So who you are as a rookie is who you're going to be for the rest of your career? Players don't improve? Makes sense.
Rookie has nothing to do with bad hands. Look it up. Players who struggled with drops and fumbles do not usually improve. Watch the tape dude. Even Brandon Marshall struggled with drops. Never improved on it.

When will people finally stop talking about potential with Williams. He is 6 games in. Once you have problems holding on to the ball teams notice. He either fixes it or he is done. Most rec and backs with hands problems do t fix it. No matter what’s E.P. some go heaven posters think. Though if you thought Chris chambers and randy Michael were good times then you might enjoy Preston Williams. Hope he fixes this but I doubt it. It usually sticks.
Your argument is seriously "he's 6 games in"? I mean just wow.

The one high profile guy I can recall fixing his hands problem was Tiki Barber thanks to Tom Coughlin. I have to be honest, I haven’t paid attention enough to know about many players who had hands issues and corrected them.

Your argument is seriously "he's 6 games in"? I mean just wow.

Seriously wow. Dude. Name one player that overcame that issue. ? I will wait. Lol

The one high profile guy I can recall fixing his hands problem was Tiki Barber thanks to Tom Coughlin. I have to be honest, I haven’t paid attention enough to know about many players who had hands issues and corrected them.
That is one. You are a good poster. You know your history. Odds are against this kid overcoming. Hope I am wrong. 3 times this year this kid has cost team big time

Best outcome possible IMO.

We did enough to get Buffalo boo’d into half time, so that’s a win.

The 2nd half went the way it needed to.

Mark Walton, Preston Williams, Mike Gesicki and Devante Parker showed they want to be part of the rebuild.

The Wilkins ejection was discouraging to say the least.

Jerome Baker continues to be a baller.
What did you seen in baker? I am about to watch it again .

That is one. You are a good poster. You know your history. Odds are against this kid overcoming. Hope I am wrong. 3 times this year this kid has cost team big time
I think it’s actually 4 times. Dropped TD week 1 vs Balt, dropped that gorgeous bomb vs NE, dropped a TD in the Dallas game and dropped / fumbled that one today. I guess the NE game was out of reach but he needs to make those plays.

And he needs to improve now while the team stinks and the outcomes don’t really matter. A contending team cannot and wouldn’t put up w this.

I think it’s actually 4 times. Dropped TD week 1 vs Balt, dropped that gorgeous bomb vs NE, dropped a TD in the Dallas game and dropped / fumbled that one today. I guess the NE game was out of reach but he needs to make those plays.

And he needs to improve now while the team stinks and the outcomes don’t really matter. A contending team cannot and wouldn’t put up w this.
Ya I knew it was more but since we suck I didn’t want to jump on each mistake.

I agree that it was an encouraging loss, but maybe not for the reasons you think.

Buffalo is a fraud team. They've bullied lousy competition. The Jets, the Bengals, the Titans, and the Giants. The one good team they played -- New England -- beat them in Buffalo. So when the Bills came out full of their usual swagger, failed to get the bounces they've been accustomed to, and got a little more of a fight from Miami than they expected, there was a real danger that the Dolphins would somehow **** up and win the game. I was pretty frightened of that possibility in the second quarter, I'm not going to lie.

Fortunately, the Dolphins' coaching staff did their thing at halftime and once again the Dolphins came out with the worst second half adjustments in the history of football. The net result, Miami is still alive against the Bengals in the chase for the #1 pick.

Real proud of our coaching staff for somehow pulling this one off.

Good luck rooting for losses, we get it, you enjoy losing

What did you seen in baker? I am about to watch it again .

Wide ranging and explosiveness to ball carrier. More of the same from that’s been a theme off and on through his first 22 games.

This dude could stand to gain some weight and become a handful off the edge.

Someone needs to be the second best player on our defense, looks he wants that moniker.

Back
Top Bottom