An Idea to Think About. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Idea to Think About.

KenCalo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
First of all Hello, I've been reading all of your comments for a couple weeks now, and many of you seem to be real knowledgeable Dolphin fans.

So here is my first thread - (I may tick off a few of you. Just remember I am a loyal Dolphin Fan, and it's the team we love not any one player).

New HC next year: (given!)
(Offensive assistant from the Chiefs would be nice maybe) He can replace all assistant coaches.
Special Teams – No creativity, very boring & unproductive. Well that pretty much goes for the rest of the current coaching staff.
Defense – Needs a blitz package coach (maybe a Marvin Lewis, Bill Beleche (sp?) assistant)

Trade for draft picks:
(This is tough to say but here’s my list of players to trade that will get us some good spots)
Zack Thomas – He’s getting hurt a lot lately, and he’s not big enough to really flatten people (ex. Lewis & Spikes). He’s also not a good pass rusher.
Jason Taylor – Good one year, bad the next 2 years. He’s a contract player! He’s just manhandled too much (Size maybe?) Maybe he’ll be a better linebacker.
Sam Madison – I’m tried of hearing how good the CBs are, and then seeing Madison beaten by a receiver that just scored a touchdown. (Could be mainly because QB has all the time in the world)

Next Draft:
The top five picks should be in order QB, OL, LB, OL, WR (with the trades above and current seating) we should get 6-8 picks in the first 3 rounds.

I’m tried of hearing how good this team should be. The fact is they’re not! Select a base of core players (ex. Ricky, Surtain & etc.) rebuild majority with younger players and get a couple nice FA’s to lead. I’ll rather pay my Direct Ticket Bill to watch a younger team that grows into a Champion or best case “a surprise team that wins a championship†Than pay to watch a projected superbowl contender play like a bunch of confused cornholes. I’ve watched the current core develop into a good team but then they stalled. 6 years later and no improvement – looks like time for a change.

I’ve been a Devoted Dolphin Fan since 74 (you know a year after their last Championship) I have never even thought about jumping ship for another team, and I never will.

Originally posted by KenCalo
First of all Hello, I've been reading all of your comments for a couple weeks now, and many of you seem to be real knowledgeable Dolphin fans.

So here is my first thread - (I may tick off a few of you. Just remember I am a loyal Dolphin Fan, and it's the team we love not any one player).

New HC next year: (given!)
(Offensive assistant from the Chiefs would be nice maybe) He can replace all assistant coaches.
Special Teams – No creativity, very boring & unproductive. Well that pretty much goes for the rest of the current coaching staff.
Defense – Needs a blitz package coach (maybe a Marvin Lewis, Bill Beleche (sp?) assistant)

Trade for draft picks:
(This is tough to say but here’s my list of players to trade that will get us some good spots)
Zack Thomas – He’s getting hurt a lot lately, and he’s not big enough to really flatten people (ex. Lewis & Spikes). He’s also not a good pass rusher.
Jason Taylor – Good one year, bad the next 2 years. He’s a contract player! He’s just manhandled too much (Size maybe?) Maybe he’ll be a better linebacker.
Sam Madison – I’m tried of hearing how good the CBs are, and then seeing Madison beaten by a receiver that just scored a touchdown. (Could be mainly because QB has all the time in the world)

Next Draft:
The top five picks should be in order QB, OL, LB, OL, WR (with the trades above and current seating) we should get 6-8 picks in the first 3 rounds.

I’m tried of hearing how good this team should be. The fact is they’re not! Select a base of core players (ex. Ricky, Surtain & etc.) rebuild majority with younger players and get a couple nice FA’s to lead. I’ll rather pay my Direct Ticket Bill to watch a younger team that grows into a Champion or best case “a surprise team that wins a championship†Than pay to watch a projected superbowl contender play like a bunch of confused cornholes. I’ve watched the current core develop into a good team but then they stalled. 6 years later and no improvement – looks like time for a change.

I’ve been a Devoted Dolphin Fan since 74 (you know a year after their last Championship) I have never even thought about jumping ship for another team, and I never will.

"First of all Hello, I've been reading all of your comments for a couple weeks now, and many of you seem to be real knowledgeable Dolphin fans."--:lol:

Yea, Lets trade zach thomas for a draft pick, becasue he gets hurt all the time. LIke how many games has he missed the last couple of years, like 1? Oh yea, he cant flatted people, oh thats maybe becasue he is 5'10, and only leads the nfl in tackles. AND I would be much mmore confertable with tommy hendricks starting middle linebacker

Lets trade ricky williams to casue he only gets like 40 yards a game, Man must he suck!

you should win an oscar or soemthing for your smartness

:welcome: KenCalo

bobdroopy, was that really necessary??

Zach has missed 7 games since 2000.

Don't get me wrong I love his intensity, and he is a great linebacker, but for some reason he can't lead. Also at the end of the season he starts to miss tackles. I don't think it's his heart, it must be his body. Hell most running backs are bigger than he is. At the begining he brings them down, but after time the man is taking a beating. Yes the real problem is we never got anyone to stand next to him that had the same intensity and heart.

My main point is this CORE of players is unfortunatly not working.

Don't get me wrong I love his intensity, and he is a great linebacker, but for some reason he can't lead. Also at the end of the season he starts to miss tackles. I don't think it's his heart, it must be his body. Hell most running backs are bigger than he is. At the begining he brings them down, but after time the man is taking a beating. Yes the real problem is we never got anyone to stand next to him that had the same intensity and heart.

This defgense was leading the league in fewest points allowed and you claim that this CORE of players is not working? Sure, they just faced a buzzsaw of an offense in Tennessee and gave up 2 early scores but the offense did absolutely nothing to keep our defense off the field and make adjustments between series. This is the best defense we have had in a long time and it is working. Blame the offense for NOT doing their part!!!!! When you have a back like RW, there is no reason why we shouldn't win the Time of Possession every game!

If you are trying to trade Zach in a "Hershel" type trade, I think I'd rather trade JT who, unlike Zach, has not shown that he can put 2 years together in a row.

i dont know, zach was out this game and there was a huge space left open over themiddle. i think your wrong. but i woudl trade sam madison for a first rounder. i would trade JT if i signed adewale and we could get another serious draft pick. but i wouldnt pull the trigger if we didnt get enough in return. and i wouldnt even think QB unless you can get a good one that you know will be able to play in the nfl. i think we should draft OL bigtime and get rid of ruddy, nails, Perry, and maybe todd wade if he asks for too much. that means, you need to draft some serious linemen. when will any fan understand that you need a great Oline in order to do anything in this league? everyone wants superstars but dont understand that the horses up front is what wins you game after game. noone talks about the Oline in KC but they are the best. i wonder who the best team in teh NFL is? duh.

i diagree. he's the heart and soul of this defense. im thoruoughly convivced his absence was why tenn. walked all over the field on us on sunday.

oh...and :welcome:

The opening post was great, he wants to hire a guy for head freakin' football coach who he doesn't even name because he doesn't know his name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then the DC has to be a "blitz" package guy who also doesn't have a name!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: This makes two posts in 4 minutes I'm warning you about. You're on thin ice. Shape up or ship out. -Muck

Originally posted by ARealFinsFan
The opening post was great, he wants to hire a guy for head freakin' football coach who he doesn't even name because he doesn't know his name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then the DC has to be a "blitz" package guy who also doesn't have a name!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least on his first post he didn't offend anyone by asking them to stop posting... rubbing many on this board the wrong way!

Come On!!!!!!!!!

That post was a classic!!!!!!!!!

Notice that nobody took the challenge?

Back
Top Bottom