An Idea to Think About. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Idea to Think About.

Originally posted by MissMeth
I CANT BELIEVE THIS BOARD WANTS TO GET RID OF JASON TAYLOR!! THIS IS JUST RIDICULOUS! maybe i can understand Sam Madison.. maybe i can understand a few other guys.. but Jason has a year thats not as great as the rest and your ready to discard the guy! Some dolfans make me sick.

Personally, because of his size and speed, I've always thought that JT could be much better used as an OLB. i know that JT is a fav player of your's and it's not like ppl WANT to get rid of him. We're just talking of different possibilites that may help make the overall team better. Just say for instance, if Atlanta offered us their first 3 picks for JT. Would you pull the trigger on that deal?

I CANT BELIEVE THIS BOARD WANTS TO GET RID OF JASON TAYLOR!! THIS IS JUST RIDICULOUS! maybe i can understand Sam Madison.. maybe i can understand a few other guys.. but Jason has a year thats not as great as the rest and your ready to discard the guy! Some dolfans make me sick.

I agree. Jason needs to stay. You need a pass rush before anything else! History has shown that you either have to have a great defense and a good enough offense, or a great offense and a good enough D. It's time to par our D down a little so we can get some offense. You can't have everything with the salary cap and free agency.

If they're going to trade anyone, they should trade Madison. Before you blast me, hear me out. Think back to the recent SB winners. How many of them had 2 lockdown, $5 mil + corners? If anything, they'll have the one shutdown guy to cover the other team's best WR, and a solid guy on the other side.

Tim Bowen's also carries a hefty salary. I could be mistaken, but I believe he's also in the $5 mil range. You just no way you can throw SO much money at the defense and give the offense crumbs.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Personally, because of his size and speed, I've always thought that JT could be much better used as an OLB. i know that JT is a fav player of your's and it's not like ppl WANT to get rid of him. We're just talking of different possibilites that may help make the overall team better. Just say for instance, if Atlanta offered us their first 3 picks for JT. Would you pull the trigger on that deal?

No i wouldnt. Yes we need to bring down the defensive cap to bring in quality offensive guys but getting rid of one of the best pass rushers is stupid. Ok so we get a first round pick.. who's to say the guy will be ANYTHING? Probably wont start until his second or third year. i just dont trust draft picks as i do veterns like Jason or Zach. We can handle getting rid of Madison, David Bowens, JAMAR FLETCHER, Auturo Freeman, Terrel Buckley OR Sammy Knight (but not both.. i would rather keep Sammy knight out of the two though). But getting rid of Zach or Jason would mess this defense up a lot.

Originally posted by aquaman
dam it people our D is great when the opponent has a losing record .. its like we are good enough to beat the little people but when we play with the big boys we get spanked... this week we should beat baltimore.. i mean they have a guy who has not seen live action in 2yrs... then the schedule gets hairy again.. lets see how our great D does vs quality people.. dont measure them by the cupcakes they beay measure them by how they perform vs big time teams.

I'm not sure what games you're talking about. The defense has been excellent except for Houston and Tennessee. What big time teams (besides Tennessee) are you talking about?

No i wouldnt. Yes we need to bring down the defensive cap to bring in quality offensive guys but getting rid of one of the best pass rushers is stupid. Ok so we get a first round pick.. who's to say the guy will be ANYTHING? Probably wont start until his second or third year. i just dont trust draft picks as i do veterns like Jason or Zach. We can handle getting rid of Madison, David Bowens, JAMAR FLETCHER, Auturo Freeman, Terrel Buckley OR Sammy Knight (but not both.. i would rather keep Sammy knight out of the two though). But getting rid of Zach or Jason would mess this defense up a lot.

well, I can't agrue about trusting draft picks. Considering who's been making them lately. but sooner or later, you have to use them because you can't filed a team completely with FAs. There's simply not enough $$$ to do that. In any case, we have 2 FAs of our own next yr in O-gun and greenwood. Not too bad but O-gun wants JT money but say he'll sign for 5 or whatever a 1 yr tender is ( I imagine it would be close to that). Greenwood should take about 1. Even so, add that 6 to the rest of the Ds starters of 34.8, you can see that next yrs cap #s for next yrs D will be pushing 41 mil. JT 7.7, Bowens 4.6, Chester 1.8, ZT 2.8, Jr 3, Surtain 5.4, Sam 6.3 and Marion and Knight at 1.6 each. That will leave us with about 35 mil for the other 42 players plus I read somewhere that we're expected to be about 17 mil over next yr anyway so that really forces some hard decisions to make with several very unpopular ones. So my question to you is, what would you do faced with this situation to "trim" the D and severely upgrade the O while staying under the cap? But my thinking is that if you have the opportunity to replace a proven [aging] vet with 3 early picks and save $$$ in the process, it's surely worth looking at with our heads, rather than our hearts! ;)

So restructure some of them.. Jason i believe would restructure... Bowens and Chester may also.. i can handle trading a bowens OR chester (preferrably chester out of the two) but i just dont understand and never will understand the logic behind JT or Zach. Might as well stop the arguing because i will never agree or understand.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

well, I can't agrue about trusting draft picks. Considering who's been making them lately. but sooner or later, you have to use them because you can't filed a team completely with FAs. There's simply not enough $$$ to do that. In any case, we have 2 FAs of our own next yr in O-gun and greenwood. Not too bad but O-gun wants JT money but say he'll sign for 5 or whatever a 1 yr tender is ( I imagine it would be close to that). Greenwood should take about 1. Even so, add that 6 to the rest of the Ds starters of 34.8, you can see that next yrs cap #s for next yrs D will be pushing 41 mil. JT 7.7, Bowens 4.6, Chester 1.8, ZT 2.8, Jr 3, Surtain 5.4, Sam 6.3 and Marion and Knight at 1.6 each. That will leave us with about 35 mil for the other 42 players plus I read somewhere that we're expected to be about 17 mil over next yr anyway so that really forces some hard decisions to make with several very unpopular ones. So my question to you is, what would you do faced with this situation to "trim" the D and severely upgrade the O while staying under the cap? But my thinking is that if you have the opportunity to replace a proven [aging] vet with 3 early picks and save $$$ in the process, it's surely worth looking at with our heads, rather than our hearts! ;)

Now that's what I wanted out of this Thread - A Discussion

Because unfortunately we will lose some of own "home grown" players that we love. Damm Cap!

You know there should be a "Discounted Figure" toward a teams cap if they want to keep players that they drafted and been with the team for 5 years.

are you crazy?

How can you say to trade Thomas, Taylor, and Madison? What you probably meant was to get rid of Fiedler and Wanny. You have to have a QB who can lead the team, not a poor player who makes stupid plays. Do I even need to comment on the coach. man please. i was at the phins, titans game and let me say i was very dissappointed. I saw a stupid coach who was down by 28 in the 4th quarter and would punt the ball on like 4 and 3, man your down, 10 min left you have to at least try. I would love to see Marino back as head coach. I have to give props to Rosenfels he did score and his numbers were about as good as Grieses, even though he played like 12 min. And Griese man what was up with the turnovers. the fumbles were all his fault, the interceptions on the other hand were bouncing out of recievers hands and into the other teams, not all his fault. You have to catch the ball. Rickey, was he even in the game. Why are you going to run the man up the middle every single time. So far it hasn't worked. the phins have to get it together if they plan on going to the playoffs. it can happen, but some changes have to be made. i'm keeping the faith.
GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!

Originally posted by KenCalo

Now that's what I wanted out of this Thread - A Discussion

Because unfortunately we will lose some of own "home grown" players that we love. Damm Cap!

You know there should be a "Discounted Figure" toward a teams cap if they want to keep players that they drafted and been with the team for 5 years.

i guess you would be talking about a soft cap like the NBA? No cap on re-signing your own FAs, just new ones, or however that works but that is easily beat tho.

So restructure some of them.. Jason i believe would restructure... Bowens and Chester may also.. i can handle trading a bowens OR chester (preferrably chester out of the two) but i just dont understand and never will understand the logic behind JT or Zach. Might as well stop the arguing because i will never agree or understand.

Nobody's agruing with you. Just discussing some of the things that could be done even as unpopular they may be. if i remeber correctly, alot of the big players have already restructsured and Zack twice, I think. But the big problem with that is that sooner or later, we're gonna have to pay ther piper and when that happens, this D will more than likely be over the hill and would normally be getting vet minimums while we're still carrying huge cap #sand hardly any space to pay the current players and such.
welcome to cap Hell, Miss Meth !!! Sure does suck, big time! :( :(

Back
Top Bottom