An indepth analysis of robert griffin iii | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An indepth analysis of robert griffin iii

Great post. I really wanted to see Griffin in aqua and orange.

Thats a detailed breakdown, very nice.
My main question is this. How is he different than Pat White? Both are not beefy, or built. Kinda stringy. Both run fast, and throw good, a dual threat. White got knocked into next week by Pittsburgh. How does rg3 withstand that?

I would love to see Chud with RGIII.....if he could do that with Newton, Griffin would really be something to watch

Thats a detailed breakdown, very nice.
My main question is this. How is he different than Pat White? Both are not beefy, or built. Kinda stringy. Both run fast, and throw good, a dual threat. White got knocked into next week by Pittsburgh. How does rg3 withstand that?

Pat White: 6'0 ft (on a good day), 190 lbs
RGIII: 6'2 ft, 220 lbs

RGIII has much more to work with than Pat White. In the NFL, he will undoubtedly beef up.

the only thing that has me worried is the field vision. He seems to only see half the field and that's a recipe for turnovers.

Pat White: 6'0 ft (on a good day), 190 lbs
RGIII: 6'2 ft, 220 lbs

RGIII has much more to work with than Pat White. In the NFL, he will undoubtedly beef up.

There is no way that Griffin is 220. I'd wager 200, maybe 205.

Just watching the first clip the first thing that came to my mind was why did he leave the pocket? All he had to do is step up, could he not see over the lineman? I have my doubt whether this guy could run an offense from under center.

Just watching the first clip the first thing that came to my mind was why did he leave the pocket? All he had to do is step up, could he not see over the lineman? I have my doubt whether this guy could run an offense from under center.
He repositioned himself because there were 3 defenders between him and the receiver ;/. Thought you would be happy that he even spotted the receiver all the way in the in-zone, defenders probably thought they had him covered until Griffin did that. That's pretty decent vision, though a top pass rusher prob could had reached out and tripped him up at the angle he took to break to a better throwing point (he ran ridiculously close to that rusher).

He repositioned himself because there were 3 defenders between him and the receiver ;/. Thought you would be happy that he even spotted the receiver all the way in the in-zone, defenders probably thought they had him covered until Griffin did that. That's pretty decent vision, though a top pass rusher prob could had reached out and tripped him up at the angle he took to break to a better throwing point (he ran ridiculously close to that rusher).
Thought he had a clean pocket...all he had to do was step up into it. The RT was pushing the DE passed him when RGIII decided to run backwards and passes the DE. Kendall Wright made a nice play there by the way and he got rocked against the wall. Wright looked like he was hurt.

Edit: Well I just looked at it again the the RT held the DE by the jersey near the shoulder...that explained how he didn't make the play, lol.

Back
Top Bottom