An Uncapped Offseason Scenario of Improvement | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Uncapped Offseason Scenario of Improvement

Why dont we just trade Ronnie, Jake Long, and Vontae for a 6th from the Pats.

Why dont we just trade Ronnie, Jake Long, and Vontae for a 6th from the Pats.

Than we can sign Tom Brady, Joe Thomas, Revis, Joe Montana (let him and Brady fight it out), Crash Davis, and tooth fairy-with out a CBA agreement i think they are all free agents.

Than we can sign Tom Brady, Joe Thomas, Revis, Joe Montana (let him and Brady fight it out), Crash Davis, and tooth fairy-with out a CBA agreement i think they are all free agents.
We would have to pick up Nuke LaLoosh too to balance things out.

Why don't you name a specific trade scenario and why you think it ridiculous.

Well let's see!

Thigpen - We just gave up a 5th?
Merling - What was it an early 2nd?
Donald Thomas - A 4th?

All this for a 3rd Round Pick? Merling alone could bring a 3rd.

Camarillo for a 6th?

He is a reliable receiver who runs precise routes, sure hands and can be a key special teams guy as proven in the past. Worth more than a 6th to keep him.

Cobbs and Turner for a 6th?

Um, we just spend a 3rd on Turner or was it a 4th? Not going to give up on him after 1 year of developing him.

Cobbs, yeah this guy has done nothing for us. Let's just give him away.

Is that specific enough for you.

ALL OF THESE TRADES ARE RIDICULOUS. I DID NOT NEED TO SINGLE ONE OUT BECAUSE I DISAGREE WITH ALL OF THEM!!!!

Maybe, just maybe, having a QB who throws more interceptions than TD's isn't ideal.

Maybe a little competition isn't a bad idea.

Remember, the Dolphins did refuse to name Henne next years starter.

YEAR TEAM G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
2002 HOU 16 233 444 52.5 2592 5.8 9 81 15 62.8
2003 HOU 12 167 295 56.6 2013 6.8 9 78 13 69.5
2004 HOU 16 285 466 61.2 3531 7.6 16 69 14 83.5
2005 HOU 16 256 423 60.5 2488 5.9 14 53 11 77.2
2006 HOU 16 302 442 68.3 2767 6.3 11 53 12 82.1
2007 CAR 6 73 136 53.7 635 4.7 3 38 5 58.3
2008 NYG 3 9 12 75.0 115 9.6 2 27 0 144.1
2009 NYG 6 21 33 63.6 225 6.8 1 37 0 93.6
Career 91 1346 2251 59.8 14366 6.4 65 81 70 75.2

Well, Checking Carr's Career Stats.

TD PASSES = 65

INT's = 70

Would you like to rethink this statement????

Remember he had Andre Johnson to throw to. Does Henne have anyone close to Andre Johnson's Talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well let's see!

Thigpen - We just gave up a 5th?
Merling - What was it an early 2nd?
Donald Thomas - A 4th?

All this for a 3rd Round Pick? Merling alone could bring a 3rd.

Camarillo for a 6th?

He is a reliable receiver who runs precise routes, sure hands and can be a key special teams guy as proven in the past. Worth more than a 6th to keep him.

Cobbs and Turner for a 6th?

Um, we just spend a 3rd on Turner or was it a 4th? Not going to give up on him after 1 year of developing him.

Cobbs, yeah this guy has done nothing for us. Let's just give him away.

Is that specific enough for you.

ALL OF THESE TRADES ARE RIDICULOUS. I DID NOT NEED TO SINGLE ONE OUT BECAUSE I DISAGREE WITH ALL OF THEM!!!!

Merling was the 1st pick in the 2nd round and Turner was a 3rd rounder. Just no way the FO gives up that easily on guys they picked and believed in. Very confusing considering every single trade involves players this regime drafted (outside of Thigpen who they acquired in a trade and Cobbs who was a FA acquisition).

I'm actually shocked to see these trade scenarios. I'm so used to seeing "let's go get a 1st for Ginn from the Ravens, they need a KR" OR "I think we can get a 2nd or 3rd for Porter", it's just strange to see deals that are so much on the flip side.

were you high when you came up with this plan? this **** wouldnt even be a good plan in madden. i mean david carr? mushin muhammad? are you f'in kidding me????

Just relax.. he's from Carolina. I completely understand now.

The move where we trade 3 capable NFL back-ups in Merling, Thigpen, and Soliai, for a 3rd rounder with no NFL starts, is the kind of move that sets franchises back for many years...In this league, without a deep roster, you will never have a chance!
For Example, remember who is playing NT for the Jets on Sunday? Yeah, not the great Kris Jenkins, its Sione Pouha...and hes doing a helluva job.

I'm sorry, but Merling alone is worth at least a third rounder.

I wholeheartedly agree and I wrote in the original post that it should have been their 2nd rounder the 33rd pick.

It's just that trade scenarios are extremely controversial and reactions are all over the place. I tried to lean conservative and make a good mock even with the lower pick.

An honest offseason mock has to have trade scenarios because if you look at Dolphin history every year has trades and some years have a lot more activity than others.

This scenario's activity is nothing compared to what the Dolphins did in 1999,2004, and 2008.

As far as Merling goes, like I said he should be starting in the NFL. I think he could become one of the better DE's in the league, but on the Dolphins he isn't going to start over Starks and he isn't a great 5-technique.

On the other hand,Baker, given the chance, may become a very good 3-4 End. But if we keep Merling, Baker will never get a chance and what if Illama-Francis turns out to be decent as as a 3-4 End??

You can only carry so many guys at one position. It's just my opinion that a 2nd or early 3rd draft pick for guys like Austen Lane or Okwusu-Ansah
who play positions of need and could become great is a better choice than staying with guys for depth at positions we are already deep at.
Dolphins have a lot of kinda OK guards, they need one really good one.

I like Donald Thomas as well and maybe there were issues we don't know about this year but he graded out poorly this year and was benched for his poor play.

I love Thigpen's ability to scramble and make plays but he is inaccurate and always has been, and he wasn't our #2 or KC's #2 he was a #3.

We trade a starting caliber G, a young and very talented Qb, and a high draft pick who is a very solid rotating DE who will hopefully be more pruductive in Nolans's scheme for a 3rd round draft choice?

Back
Top Bottom