An Uncapped Offseason Scenario of Improvement | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Uncapped Offseason Scenario of Improvement

Matt Millen is in the building, this is the off-season plan to go from 7-9 to 0-16.

Merling was the 1st pick in the 2nd round and Turner was a 3rd rounder. Just no way the FO gives up that easily on guys they picked and believed in. Very confusing considering every single trade involves players this regime drafted (outside of Thigpen who they acquired in a trade and Cobbs who was a FA acquisition).

I'm actually shocked to see these trade scenarios. I'm so used to seeing "let's go get a 1st for Ginn from the Ravens, they need a KR" OR "I think we can get a 2nd or 3rd for Porter", it's just strange to see deals that are so much on the flip side.

Ya,because trade scenarios are so inflammatory I tried to be very conservative in the compensation received by the dolphins.

Needless to say, It didn't work.

One man's ace is another mans deuce.

Well let's see!

Thigpen - We just gave up a 5th?
Merling - What was it an early 2nd?
Donald Thomas - A 4th?

All this for a 3rd Round Pick? Merling alone could bring a 3rd.

Camarillo for a 6th?

He is a reliable receiver who runs precise routes, sure hands and can be a key special teams guy as proven in the past. Worth more than a 6th to keep him.

Cobbs and Turner for a 6th?

Um, we just spend a 3rd on Turner or was it a 4th? Not going to give up on him after 1 year of developing him.

Cobbs, yeah this guy has done nothing for us. Let's just give him away.

Is that specific enough for you.

ALL OF THESE TRADES ARE RIDICULOUS. I DID NOT NEED TO SINGLE ONE OUT BECAUSE I DISAGREE WITH ALL OF THEM!!!!

Actually Donald Thomas was a 6th rounder and he played like a 7th rounder last year.

But you seem quite ambitious; when are we going to see an off season mock
from you??????????????

A real one with FA acquisitions,cuts, and trades; because they always happen.

I challenge you to show us your expertise. Until you do I have little or any regard for your posts, and your personal attacks regarding my sanity are a joke in themselves.

I doubt you have the __ to try.

Actually Donald Thomas was a 6th rounder and he played like a 7th rounder last year.

from you??????????????

I challenge you to show us your expertise. Until you do I have little or any regard for your posts, and your personal attacks regarding my sanity are a joke in themselves.

If you check my post history you will find that I go to a lot of work every year making a list of potential Free Agent Signings and go in depth into why they may or may not fit into our system. Why I would or would not like to see them here and so on and so forth. So until you do YOUR research please do not try and lecture me!! In case you haven't noticed I am not the only one blasting your A$$ for this crap post. Everyone has the right to post their opinions but one had better be willing to accept the feedback they receive! Sorry but that is reality. Stay tuned and once the off season has officially begun I will take the time to make you a Quality Post! In case you haven't noticed the offseason signings can't begin officially until the Season is over!

Here is some research of my posts done 4 u! Pay attention to the Ratings of the threads and the number of Thanks they received in comparison to this post.

:up:position by Position Breakdown of Last Years Free Agents:
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243950

:earlyriser:My observation that Jake Grove was a possible signing b4 it happened!
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243784

:hump:2009 Possible Free Agent Targets with explanations
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242320

:crazy:2008 Possible Free Agent Targets with explanations
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213493

:serenades:2007 Possible Free Agent Targets with explanations
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186211

:ponder:My post saying that I hoped Vontae Davis fell to #25 and that we took him and that IMO he was the best CB in the draft. Also mention of Sean Smith as being a likely pick for us even @ #25 if they others were gone.
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244842

Thanks!:thanks:

:woot::p4286:

Can't we all just be friends???:buds:

from you??????????????

I admit I made a mistake in haste on Thomas. I was in a hurry. But 7th rounders don't typically get on the field unless they play like say a 3rd or 4th rounder. So if Thomas was starting I am going to have to disagree and say he didn't play like a 7th rounder. Sorry!

If you check my post history you will find that I go to a lot of work every year making a list of potential Free Agent Signings and go in depth into why they may or may not fit into our system. Why I would or would not like to see them here and so on and so forth. So until you do YOUR research please do not try and lecture me!! In case you haven't noticed I am not the only one blasting your A$$ for this crap post. Everyone has the right to post their opinions but one had better be willing to accept the feedback they receive! Sorry but that is reality. Stay tuned and once the off season has officially begun I will take the time to make you a Quality Post! In case you haven't noticed the offseason signings can't begin officially until the Season is over!

Here is some research of my posts done 4 u! Pay attention to the Ratings of the threads and the number of Thanks they received in comparison to this post.

:up:position by Position Breakdown of Last Years Free Agents:
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243950

:earlyriser:My observation that Jake Grove was a possible signing b4 it happened!
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243784

:hump:2009 Possible Free Agent Targets with explanations
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242320

:crazy:2008 Possible Free Agent Targets with explanations
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213493

:serenades:2007 Possible Free Agent Targets with explanations
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186211

:ponder:My post saying that I hoped Vontae Davis fell to #25 and that we took him and that IMO he was the best CB in the draft. Also mention of Sean Smith as being a likely pick for us even @ #25 if they others were gone.
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244842

Thanks!:thanks:

:woot::p4286:

Can't we all just be friends???:buds:

Sorry freind, but you don't get off that easy.

I mean put the whole thing whole thing together and gel. From which of our own FA's we bring back to making the roster fit the 53 man requirement.
And if you check Dolphin history(I posted the link in an earlier post) you must include,cuts, FA signings,player trades and draft day trades, because these things almost always takeplace, and some years the activity is mind blowing.(2004,2008 and 1999)

It isn't nearly as easy as it looks.

C'mon, do us proud. Give us some hope. Show us a reasonable way the Dolphins can actually improve in an uncapped year where free agency is extremely limited.

jude 2

David Carr starting over Chad Henne!? :facepalm:

I like the idea of trading expendable players, but Thomas has to stay. Why in the world would we trade a diamond in the rough like him for a 3rd round pick?

Merling also needs a few more years.

I agree that Camarillo, Cobbs, Turner, and Thigpen are all expendable.

I like resigning JT, and JF, and adding Hawk, but the other aquisitons are questionable.

I like all of the cuts except Porter, the man is walking and talking team morale and momentum in big games. He plays with tenacity, we keep him I think.

Sorry freind, but you don't get off that easy.

I mean put the whole thing whole thing together and gel. From which of our own FA's we bring back to making the roster fit the 53 man requirement.
And if you check Dolphin history(I posted the link in an earlier post) you must include,cuts, FA signings,player trades and draft day trades, because these things almost always takeplace, and some years the activity is mind blowing.(2004,2008 and 1999)

It isn't nearly as easy as it looks.

C'mon, do us proud. Give us some hope. Show us a reasonable way the Dolphins can actually improve in an uncapped year where free agency is extremely limited.

jude 2

Gotta say..wow! Some of your ideas...wow!!...but, I give you props for putting it out there. Obviously a lot of what your proposing has no way of happening but I don't get all the hate. At least you took the time to post..........1 I actually enjoyed thisentire thread! And I too would love to cut Crowder but unless we get McClain, our options are limited unless our FO finds some dust in the rough! Cheers!

Ok, here you go albeit very quickly put together.

Free Agent Signings:

C-Nick Cole (PHI) 6’0 350lbs. Can play Center or Guard. Trifecta loves versatility on the OL. He will either take over for Grove at Center or Garner/Thomas at RG.

DE-Marcus Spears (DAL) 6’4 309lbs. Specialty is stopping the Run. He will rotate in on running downs with Langford and Starks. Merling and McDaniel will be in passing down rotation. A Parcells draft pick and a Parcells type player.

WR-Dominik Hixon (NYG)– 6’2 195lbs. – A good special teams guy with adequate receiving skills. We were rumored to be looking at trading from him prior to the 2009 season so just maybe they see something in him. Possible KR/PR.

CB-Ellis Hobbs (PHI) 5’9 195 – A nickel or dime guy for us and a key special teamer. Coming off of injury may take a 1 year prove it kind of deal. Possible KR.

ILB-Rocky McIntosh 6’2 238lbs. – Will compete with Crowder and be insurance in case Crowder doesn’t fully recover. We comes back to his college stomping ground. Good instincts and tackling ability.

CBA would have to get done though as most all of these guys are 26 or under and only have 4-5 years service.

Draft:

Round 1 – We trade with SF and move down to #13 figuring they don’t take McClain with Willis already on the roster. We receive their 3rd round pick. We then select Rolando McClain (Bama). Enough said on that pick.

Round 2 – NT-Terrence Cody (Bama) 6’5 365lbs. After concerns about work ethic and weight slide him down draft boards we get a steal early in the 2nd. He will be our NT for years to come.

Round 3 – CB – Myron Lewis (Vandy) 6’2 205 Has the size the Trifecta likes and is a pretty good cover corner with adequate tackling skills. Can play both Man and Zone coverage above average. Can be groomed behind Will Allen and Hobbs. If we don’t sign Hobbs then he will compete with Jason Allen for Dime duty.

Round 3 (from SF) – RB-LaGarrett Blount (Oregon) 6’1 249lbs. Questions about his character drop him down and we take him to pound the ball. Insurance in case Ronnie isn’t fully healthy or doesn’t resign.

Round 4 – TE-Dennis Pitta (BYU) 6’5 250lbs. – He may not be around this long but I am going to go with it anyway. He seems like a Parcells type of guy. Good Hands and Size. Adequate blocking skills.

Round 6 – C-Reggie Stepehens (ISU) 6’3 333lbs. – Good size and is a mauler. A Parcells kind of lineman with lots of size. Could be a center or slide over to guard.

Round 6 – S-Justin Woodall (Bama) 6’2 220lbs. – A good hitter with decent ball and coverage skills. Yes a third Bama kid. Thanks Satan guess it wasn’t so bad you left after all! LOL!

Round 7 – OT-Jared Veldheer (Hillsdale) 6’9 321lbs. – A project to say the least but has great size and Parcells always seems to like the small school guys as a diamond in the rough. Maybe he becomes a good player or maybe just a camp body. Who knows?

Round 7 – Traded to KC for a 6th Round pick in the 2011 draft. Thanks Pioli!

Depth Chart
Offense:
QB-Henne, Thigpen, White
RB-R.Brown(resigned-3 yr.), R.Williams, P.Cobbs, Hilliard/Blount
WR-Ginn, Bess, Hartline, Camarillo, Hixon, Turner
TE-Fasano(resigned-3yr.), Pitta, Haynos
LT-Long, Garner/Veldheer
LG-Smiley, Garner/Thomas, Berger
C-Grove, Berger/Cole,Stepehens
RG-Cole, Garner/Thomas, Berger
RT-Carey, Garner/Veldheer
Defense:
LE-Langford, Merling, McDaniel
DT-Cody, Ferguson(resigned-1 yr.), Solia
RE-Starks, Spears, McDaniel
ROLB-Taylor(resigned-1yr.), Anderson
ILB-McClain, McIntosh, Crowder, Ayodele, Torbor
LOLB-Porter, Wake, Moses
LCB-Davis, Hobbs, Lewis
FS-Wilson, Clemons, Culver
SS-Bell, Woodall, Culver
RCB-Smith, W.Allen, J.Allen
Special Teams:
K-Carpenter
P-Fields
LS-Denney

I know I have more than 53 players but remember guys like Veldheer, Stepehens, Pitta and etc. could become practice squad eligible. Also some players could be cut after training camp.

Ok, here you go albeit very quickly put together.

Free Agent Signings:

C-Nick Cole (PHI) 6’0 350lbs. Can play Center or Guard. Trifecta loves versatility on the OL. He will either take over for Grove at Center or Garner/Thomas at RG.

DE-Marcus Spears (DAL) 6’4 309lbs. Specialty is stopping the Run. He will rotate in on running downs with Langford and Starks. Merling and McDaniel will be in passing down rotation. A Parcells draft pick and a Parcells type player.

WR-Dominik Hixon (NYG)– 6’2 195lbs. – A good special teams guy with adequate receiving skills. We were rumored to be looking at trading from him prior to the 2009 season so just maybe they see something in him. Possible KR/PR.

CB-Ellis Hobbs (PHI) 5’9 195 – A nickel or dime guy for us and a key special teamer. Coming off of injury may take a 1 year prove it kind of deal. Possible KR.

ILB-Rocky McIntosh 6’2 238lbs. – Will compete with Crowder and be insurance in case Crowder doesn’t fully recover. We comes back to his college stomping ground. Good instincts and tackling ability.

CBA would have to get done though as most all of these guys are 26 or under and only have 4-5 years service.

Draft:

Round 1 – We trade with SF and move down to #13 figuring they don’t take McClain with Willis already on the roster. We receive their 3rd round pick. We then select Rolando McClain (Bama). Enough said on that pick.

Round 2 – NT-Terrence Cody (Bama) 6’5 365lbs. After concerns about work ethic and weight slide him down draft boards we get a steal early in the 2nd. He will be our NT for years to come.

Round 3 – CB – Myron Lewis (Vandy) 6’2 205 Has the size the Trifecta likes and is a pretty good cover corner with adequate tackling skills. Can play both Man and Zone coverage above average. Can be groomed behind Will Allen and Hobbs. If we don’t sign Hobbs then he will compete with Jason Allen for Dime duty.

Round 3 (from SF) – RB-LaGarrett Blount (Oregon) 6’1 249lbs. Questions about his character drop him down and we take him to pound the ball. Insurance in case Ronnie isn’t fully healthy or doesn’t resign.

Round 4 – TE-Dennis Pitta (BYU) 6’5 250lbs. – He may not be around this long but I am going to go with it anyway. He seems like a Parcells type of guy. Good Hands and Size. Adequate blocking skills.

Round 6 – C-Reggie Stepehens (ISU) 6’3 333lbs. – Good size and is a mauler. A Parcells kind of lineman with lots of size. Could be a center or slide over to guard.

Round 6 – S-Justin Woodall (Bama) 6’2 220lbs. – A good hitter with decent ball and coverage skills. Yes a third Bama kid. Thanks Satan guess it wasn’t so bad you left after all! LOL!

Round 7 – OT-Jared Veldheer (Hillsdale) 6’9 321lbs. – A project to say the least but has great size and Parcells always seems to like the small school guys as a diamond in the rough. Maybe he becomes a good player or maybe just a camp body. Who knows?

Round 7 – Traded to KC for a 6th Round pick in the 2011 draft. Thanks Pioli!

Depth Chart
Offense:
QB-Henne, Thigpen, White
RB-R.Brown(resigned-3 yr.), R.Williams, P.Cobbs, Hilliard/Blount
WR-Ginn, Bess, Hartline, Camarillo, Hixon, Turner
TE-Fasano(resigned-3yr.), Pitta, Haynos
LT-Long, Garner/Veldheer
LG-Smiley, Garner/Thomas, Berger
C-Grove, Berger/Cole,Stepehens
RG-Cole, Garner/Thomas, Berger
RT-Carey, Garner/Veldheer
Defense:
LE-Langford, Merling, McDaniel
DT-Cody, Ferguson(resigned-1 yr.), Solia
RE-Starks, Spears, McDaniel
ROLB-Taylor(resigned-1yr.), Anderson
ILB-McClain, McIntosh, Crowder, Ayodele, Torbor
LOLB-Porter, Wake, Moses
LCB-Davis, Hobbs, Lewis
FS-Wilson, Clemons, Culver
SS-Bell, Woodall, Culver
RCB-Smith, W.Allen, J.Allen
Special Teams:
K-Carpenter
P-Fields
LS-Denney

I know I have more than 53 players but remember guys like Veldheer, Stepehens, Pitta and etc. could become practice squad eligible. Also some players could be cut after training camp.

61 guys on your roster if I counted right

You totally copped out on making cuts

You totally chickened out and made no player trades

How could you post this after accusing me of not being able to take the heat??????????

I made a 53 man roster and a reasonable number of cuts and player trades according to Dolphins history.

I answered my detractors with facts and links to substantiate what I said.

I didn't insult people or use harsh language back to people who attacked me personally rather than deal with the actual content of the thread.

I told the one guy flat out he was wrong, but he was, and I gave him two websites to prove it, but he would not admit it. But I did not use harsh language or circumvent the filter, or attack anyone personally.

I am really disappointed. You should not have hurried. Running way over the 53 man limit ruins everything. Thats where all the decision making is.

All that aside; Gotta love that Jared Veldheer. I had us taking him up until a couple of weeks ago. He has a combine invite and everyone knows he is going to destroy the competion. Draftscout has him 3rd round now, and I heard a rumor that a few scouts have him the 3rd best OT prospect. The guy is an incredible freak of nature.

I think Dennis Pitta is going to shoot up draft boards everywhere after this last week. I would rather take a risk with Graham myself but Pitta looked good all week and had a great Shrine game. I wouldn't mind seeing Pitta become a Dolphin but I think he is around 25 years old. Mormon mission

Dolphins sign:
Jason Taylor...The 7th ranked 3-4 OLB in the NFL. Yes, and a big raise.

Jason Ferguson...Hey,he wants to keep playing and he wants to be a Dolphin. Ferguson is still a mid to highly rated NT. Far better than Soliai or what Dan Williams would bring his rookie season.

QB David Carr...Parcell's has always thought David got a raw deal in Houston. Bill went out of his way to personally encourage Carr when Parcell's, professionally, had nothing to do with him or his situation.
Parcell's is a Carr fan and Giants coaches have spoken publicly about Carr still being a huge talent waiting to happen. This could happen, unlikely as it may seem, it could be another Rich Gannon story.

AJ Hawk.. The beat writer for the Packers has written that he believes Hawk will be cut because of his high salary and his inability to make plays. Reported by rotoworld. Hawk would still cost a lot to land in this years environment but the Dolphins were paying Torbor over 3 mil and Hawk is way better. Hawk is still rated the 28th best ILB in the NFL whereas Crowder and Ayodele were rated rock bottom.

Muhsin Muhammed...Ya, he still wants to play. Not much as far as a receiving threat but Muhammed is still the best blocking WR in the NFL and nobody else is even close, not even Hines Ward. He is also known to be a leader an a super high character guy. He would be perfect for helping guys like Ginn,Hudgins,Juliuss Pruitt and Brennan Marion.

Ben Watson...Watson has been playing much better lately but his history with the Pats hasn't been good. If he wants to, he can play at an elite level. He is still one of the fastest and most athletic TE's in the league. Maybe they can motivate him in Miami.

Cuts: Reggie Torbor,Akin Ayodele,Joey Porter,Gibril Wilson,Channing Crowder.

Dolphins trade NT Paul Soliai to KC for ILB Derrick Johnson. Very simple deal here; Johnson wants guaentees or he is demanding to be let go and Paul has had plenty of opportunity in Miami and it is time for him to move on. Dolphins need a Will LB and the Cheif's are running a 3-4 without a true NT. Bill speaks to his son-in-law and it's done.

Dolphins trade Tyler Thigpen,Donald Thomas, and Phillip Merling to the Rams for their 3rd round pick. This takes a huge weight off the Rams.
Thigpen is a very good #2 and could start if the rookie they draft isn't ready. Phillip Merling was the 32nd pick a couple years ago. Merling is a prototypical 4-3 End, he is NOT a 5-technique. The Dolphins have him out there looking fat and stupid. He was the "BPA" but he has never fit the system. For God sake trade the kid and let him lose the fat and play his natural position. He will be a perfect replacement for Leonard Little.
Rams also lack depth on their OL. Another thing, none of these guys cost much. This is a very good deal for the Rams. Dolphins should have received their 2nd.

Dolphins trade Patrick Cobbs and Patrick Turner to Seattle for their 6th.
Pete Carroll gets his WR back.(Sorry,I'm still bitter about that pick and I can't wait til he is gone.) I love Cobbs too but I think the Dolphins need to look to the future and Sheets or Coker could be the future. Again I think this a steal for the Seahawks because Cobbs alone is worth a 5th.

Dolphins trade Greg Camarillo to the Bears for their 6th. Cutler does back flips. A polished WR who finishes his routes and catches everything. A perfect fit for the Bears. Brian Hartline is Camarillo only much faster.

Dolphins trade down in the 2nd round and give up a 7th and get a 4th.

There is a very good chance that Denver trades Brandon Marshall and drafts Dez Bryant soooooo

Draft:
1st..............................Rolando McClain...............Mike LB
2nd.............................Jon Asamoah...................RG/Super smart, very high character guy with low body fat. 4yr starter at RG will step right in and start. The Dolphins finally get their top 5 OL.
3rd..............................Austen Lane.....................Jack LB/JT's young apprentice
3rd..............................Akwasi Owusu-Ansah.........FS/CB/KR/PR Listed as a CB he actually played a position in their defensive scheme that was far more FS than CB. Div 2 diamond in the rough huge threat in the return game. 8 interceptions,ball hawk,needs to work on his tackling
4th.............................Jay Ross..........................NT/ National honors student. Played all last year with nagging injuries. I'm not convinced that Dan Williams is going to be a better pro DT than Jay Ross and Ross comes much cheaper.
4th.............................Jimmy Graham..................TE/ Huge!! upside
5th.............................Danny Batten...................Sam LB/LS Could be the steal of the draft. Kid does everything well including dropping in coverage.
6th.............................LaMarcus Coker.................RB/ Supposedley a changed man. Just ran a 4.2 forty before his Bowl game and wants to race Chris Johnson.
6th.............................Terrell Hudgins..................WR/ Holder of all the major NCAA div 1 receiving records. Big 6'2" 236 lbs. slow
6th............................. DeMarcus Granger.............NT/If he grows up someday he may be great. walterfootball.com had him projected in the 1-2 range after his sohpomore season until he shoplifted.
6th .............................Nolan Carroll.....................CB/Drafted mostly on potential. Got injured his senior year and doesn't have much of a body of work. Great size and speed.
7th..............................Clinton Snyder..................LB/Stanford's best defender blew out his LDL and will probably miss most of the offseason and end up on the PS. Twice the player that JD Folsom was.

Roster:
QB.......Carr,Henne,White...Improved,even if there is no Carr fairy tale.
RB.......Ronnie,Ricky,Sheets,Coker...Improved because of the youth
FB.......Polite,Hilliard.......No room for improvement really.
WR......Hartline,Bess,Muhammad,Ginn,Hudgins/ Marion and Pruitt may compete Improved,maturity,leadership
TE.......Fasano,Watson,Graham...Improved
OT......Long,Carey,Garner,Gardner....Improved a little with maurity
C/OG...Grove,Smiley,Asamoah,Berger,Tsoumpas..Vastly improved

DT......Ferguson,Ross,Granger.....No improvement this year
DE......Starks,Langford,McDaniel,Baker,Illama Francis....Improved,Langford continues to get better,McDaniel's 2nd year in the 3-4 syatem, I like the Baker kids chances of making the rotation.
ILB......McClain,Johnson,Hawk,Charlie Anderson...Vastly!!! improved,Anderson was already playing some Will LB in practice towards the end of the season.
OLB.....JT,Cam Wake,Batten,Moses,Lane/Improved,Wake becomes a complete player and this is great depth.
S........Bell,Clemons,Culver,Okwasi Owusu-Ansah/Improved
CB......Davis,Smith,Allen,Allen,Carroll/Improved,maturity and Will Allen will make an excellent nickel back.

K........Carpenter
P........Feilds
LS......Batten

I know it isn't much consolation for those who wanted to trade for an elite WR but when this team moves into the 2011 offseason which hopefully has a new CBA, the Dolphins will be way,way,way under any new cap and will be in prime position for what should be a huge bumper crop of elite UFA's.

If Ronnie and Ricky could just stay healthy this OL could take this team places.

Don't be afraid to comment on what you like as well as what you hate.

You have the right idea on some things that need fixing, but I think you are probably making too many moves to get there. Not sure why you are getting blasted so much on the the FA's - it's not like you have us signing all the top 6 FA. I could argue that you signing list is conservative. Position wise, it's seems ok: upgrade TE, maybe WR, and ILB. Can't argue with that.

Also, you are going to get roasted by not assuming that Henne is the QB of the future. I'm not convinced yet, but Henne's numbers are close to Carr's career rating, so I don't see the need to do anything at the QB position. See if Henne improves next year, with Thigpen as backup.

Cut list is probably close - we desperately need upgrades at ILB, and Porter is probably gone too. I suspect we'd keep one of our ILB for depth.

Not sure we need Johnson, Hawk, and then draft McCLain. Making one trade to upgrade ILB and then drafting McLain would be good.

The last 2 trades don't really seem useful. Cobbs, Camarillo, and Turner are probably worth more on our roster than a couple 6ths that we might get - I doubt a huge upgrade.

I do think some here are over-valuing Merling's worth on the open market. I don't see how we get a 2nd rounder for him alone. Even a 3rd would be tough, IMO. A backup 3-4 DE is not going to bring in that much. As an example, look what we got for Roth (and he's a OLB). Merling's worth more on our roster in the DE rotation. Maybe you could trade him for a player (say, to upgrade ILB or get FS); if we did do that, we would likely draft another DE, IMO.

61 guys on your roster if I counted right

You totally copped out on making cuts

You totally chickened out and made no player trades

How could you post this after accusing me of not being able to take the heat??????????

I made a 53 man roster and a reasonable number of cuts and player trades according to Dolphins history.

I answered my detractors with facts and links to substantiate what I said.

I didn't insult people or use harsh language back to people who attacked me personally rather than deal with the actual content of the thread.

I told the one guy flat out he was wrong, but he was, and I gave him two websites to prove it, but he would not admit it. But I did not use harsh language or circumvent the filter, or attack anyone personally.

I am really disappointed. You should not have hurried. Running way over the 53 man limit ruins everything. Thats where all the decision making is.

All that aside; Gotta love that Jared Veldheer. I had us taking him up until a couple of weeks ago. He has a combine invite and everyone knows he is going to destroy the competion. Draftscout has him 3rd round now, and I heard a rumor that a few scouts have him the 3rd best OT prospect. The guy is an incredible freak of nature.

I think Dennis Pitta is going to shoot up draft boards everywhere after this last week. I would rather take a risk with Graham myself but Pitta looked good all week and had a great Shrine game. I wouldn't mind seeing Pitta become a Dolphin but I think he is around 25 years old. Mormon mission

As I stated some will be eligible for Practice Squad.

Blount, Veldheer, Stepehens, Woodall all go to practice squad.

That would leave us at 55. So then Cut Torbor and don't resign Moses.

There are you satisfied?

As for the trades, teams do not always make trades. If you want a possible trade, then maybe Crowder gets traded if we sign McIntosh. Say to a 4-3 team like the Colts for a 2nd-3rd Round pick. Otherwise maybe we deal him to the Chiefs for Dwayne Bowe! How does that scenario sound to you.

I can speculate all day but when it comes down to it that is all that it is so take a chill pill.

Signing guys like Mushin Muhammed is not the answer. Sorry. And Trading away all of our depth isn't the answer either. Teams need depth because lets face it injuries happen. Also they are some of the key special teams contributors. If we bring in a receiver that is not a #1 then I will guarantee you this "He will play on special teams" ala Hixon or a guy like him.

I could see us sending Solia off as you suggest because I think he is lazy and I don't think they Trifecta is pleased with his effort but his potential and size we may need or we will have to get something valuable in return but we are not getting Derrick Johnson. Also Derrick Johnson is a Free Agent so the Chiefs can't trade him!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/fa/lb.html

i hope the cap never comes back, hate losing good players

You may say that now but look at it from this perspective.

Teams like the Jets, Patriots, Cowboys, Redskins, Giants to name a few... The BIG MARKET teams will become more dominant because they will outspend everyone. They are the teams with all the money and their owners are very very wealthy. No owner isn't I know, but I am talking they will spare no expense. Guys like Robert Kraft, Jerry Jones, Daniel Snyder. These owners will be like the George Steinbrenners of the NFL and we will still lose good players. I am a Marlins fan, you could compare what happens to them. Their attendance isn't as good so their Payroll is lower. Now I may live in Iowa, but I have watched every game since Direct TV began Sunday NFL Ticket. This includes the Thanksgiving Day Game against the Lions back in 2006 while in the Delivery Room of a Hospital as my first son was being delivered. What a day by the way! Anyway, our seats are empty quite a bit as I can tell. Especially compared to the above mentioned teams. How many celebrity owners would we have to bring in to compete with these other teams?

Maybe I am wrong but I don't know that it will give us any advantage. If anything, IMO, it puts us at a disadvantage.

Back
Top Bottom