And the Heisman goes to........... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And the Heisman goes to...........

DonShula84 said:
He wasnt the preseason fav, but he is coasting along.

Depends on who you ask..alot of "analysts" had Smith..some had Quinn, but most had troy.

ChambersWI said:
last year was a while ago? Reggie Bush was the preseason favorite, AND won by the largest margin ever.

Vince Young.....was the best player in college football..he showed it on the games biggest stage, while Bush was on the sidelines watching L.White.

Sadly for Vince the award is in December not January. I think there were lots of people wo thought Vince shoulda won..myself included.

DBoston80 said:
Vince Young.....was the best player in college football..he showed it on the games biggest stage, while Bush was on the sidelines watching L.White.

Sadly for Vince the award is in December not January. I think there were lots of people wo thought Vince shoulda won..myself included.

reggie had a great game as well, he just made his impact in the second half. Plus Reggie single handedly won the Arizona State, Oregon, Fresno State, and Notre Dame games for USC last year.

ChambersWI said:
reggie had a great game as well, he just made his impact in the second half. Plus Reggie single handedly won the Arizona State, Oregon, Fresno State, and Notre Dame games for USC last year.

Notre dame???? You must have been watching a different game than me...single handedly?? I dont think so:lol: .....that Matt Lienart guy threw a pretty darn nice pass on 4th and 13 that if incomplete was the ball game...

..and if you want to see the games Young won for Texas including beating USC..just look at the schedule..no player was better in 05 than Young..too bad the heisman vote is after the reg season or there woulda been no doubt.

DBoston80 said:
Depends on who you ask..alot of "analysts" had Smith..some had Quinn, but most had troy.

No, other way around. I didnt see Smith on the cover of magazines as the Heisman front-runner. Either way it is Smiths to lose now.

WestVirginiaFan said:
Yep, all i saw was Quinn, and look at him now...

Quinn has always been a litle overatted...he gets pumped up to be better than he really is just because he goes to the darling that is Notre Dame...like today that last play to big Jeff....he's wide open and its the run after the catch that allows the score...dont get me wrong Brady can make some good throws but he's not the 2nd coming that people want to think he is.

every top QB every year is going to be overrated in some ways. troy smith is vastly overrated by buckeye fans.

UF Fin Kat said:
every top QB every year is going to be overrated in some ways. troy smith is vastly overrated by buckeye fans.

How do you figure?? I havent heard anyoe call him the greatest QB in college football history?? And there is no arguement he is the best QB in college football this year....so how is he overrated by Buckeye fans??

It all depends on what happens in the next few weeks. If Ohio State can keep winning, i see no reason why troy smith wouldnt win it

DBoston80 said:
How do you figure?? I havent heard anyoe call him the greatest QB in college football history?? And there is no arguement he is the best QB in college football this year....so how is he overrated by Buckeye fans??

I've never heard anyone say Quinn was the greatest QB in college football history either

Back
Top Bottom