And the Heisman goes to........... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And the Heisman goes to...........

DonShula84 said:
I've never heard anyone say Quinn was the greatest QB in college football history either

..right me either, but there is no question who has played far better this year.

Ok I would hope to think everyone says Troy Smith for obvious reason.

DBoston80 said:
Vince Young.....was the best player in college football..he showed it on the games biggest stage, while Bush was on the sidelines watching L.White.

Sadly for Vince the award is in December not January. I think there were lots of people wo thought Vince shoulda won..myself included.
so? reggie won the heisman. and he deserved it.

Majpain said:
Don't say things you dont mean! :lol::wink:

I really cant root for Michigan against anyone especially OSU, I think my grandmother would disown me if I tried, but if Michigan beats up on OSU and ND stomps USC Quinn has a shot. Assuming of course Quinn doesnt have a bad game against one of the cupcakes we have leading up to USC, which is possible unfortunately. But Smith is clear cut #1 right now.

First off; as for carring teams how do you not put Quinn up there as the guy that carries his team most in the NCAA right now. Well for a top 25 team that is. It amazes me watching him will ND to wins and I really don't like that team. Quinn is a top notch college football player and if the award was MVP and not Heisman then Quinn would be a shoe in at this point in the season. ND would be in no where near the spot there are in right now in the BCS hunt if it wasn't for Quinn.

The Heisman is Troy Smith's if he continues to play at the level he is playing right now. He is on an undefeated team and the more wins OU gets the more likely it is Smith will win the Heisman. He is supported by a good Running game and Defense which only helps out his chances. Troy Smith has to lay an egg in order to get passed by another player.

I am a WVU fan and love Super Steve as the RB on my team but I doubt he gets the vote for the Heisman this year. Pat White is as much key player on the WVU team as Slaton. They play off on another and if one isn't able to get going then the other will take up the slack. This year opponents have stacked the box and keyed on Slaton in order to try to stay in the game. It has stopped Slaton from putting up the numbers I think he needs in order to win the Heisman. He will need to put up over 200 yards in at least half the remaining games and play well in the rest to get the Trophy.

Ray Rice has looked very good so far this year and is on a Rutgers team that really needs him to put up big numbers to win the tough games. Rutgers QB had 75yrds and a TD, Leonard had 50 yards rushing.... Rice had 229 yards and a TD rushing. He is the Rutgers Offense and will get more consideration then Slaton at this point since WVU has other options.

Right now I would say the Heisman is
(1) Troy Smith
(2) Brady Quinn
(3) Ray Rice
(4) Steve Slaton

That is after this week of college football. With Rice jumping alot of other players to get some top consideration for the Heisman with his performance this week. Slaton just has to get a bigger bulk of WVU's yardage to move up.

Calvin Johnson drops down alot after this week. Also Henne, Hart, Ainge and Wolfe didn't do much recently to get top billing.

It is a 4 man race at this point. I think Rice will not get the consideration in the voting he deserves and Slaton isn't a one man show at WVU. Smith has to just keep up what he is doing to win. Quinn needs to carry ND like he did this week against UCLA a few more times if he wants to jump to the top.

I tell you what..after watching in utter pain Brady Quinn march down the field against UCLA and win it Id have to go with Quinn at number 1..this comin from a guy who thinks thier is a conspiracy with the NCAA and Notre Dame :tongue:

AirFishOne said:
I tell you what..after watching in utter pain Brady Quinn march down the field against UCLA and win it Id have to go with Quinn at number 1..this comin from a guy who thinks thier is a conspiracy with the NCAA and Notre Dame :tongue:

... Let me guess you haven't watched Troy Smith.

AirFishOne said:

:sidelol: :sidelol: ..the same guy who threw 3 picks vs Michigan in a loss??? Why is Brady getting all the credit for making simple throws and having Smardja break tackles and score?? Truly laughable.

it was more than that...it takes alot of guts to maek those throws...he had good awarness and managed the clock well...everyone has thier bad game liek troy smith against penn st...more INTs than TDs yet he still stayed the frontrunner...weird..

AirFishOne said:
it was more than that...it takes alot of guts to maek those throws...he had good awarness and managed the clock well...everyone has thier bad game liek troy smith against penn st...more INTs than TDs yet he still stayed the frontrunner...weird..

LOL ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! Oh man you make me laugh.

AirFishOne said:
why do I even bother tryin to state an opinion and argue with tOSU fans...:shakeno:

Its because your opinion lacks the facts thats why.

AirFishOne said:
I'm not trying to argue with you, but if you saw that game the reason OSU won was because of Smith. The defining play of this year was when Troy was under great pressure, got away, revesed his field, stopped, and then threw a laser TD to Brian Robskie. He has done that more than once this year as well. Agains MSU, I believe, he was in a defenders grasp and threw a very nice TD pass. These throws weren't luck either. They were just great plays by Smith.
here is the youtube link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnjgP5gyHUU

Back
Top Bottom