And the Heisman goes to........... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And the Heisman goes to...........

I agree QUinn at ND helps ALOT...but Quinn isnt completley terrible I would say that he has a better shot in the NFL but I dont wanna turn this into a "who cares what they do in the nfl" convo

DBoston80 said:
Let people talk...try to down play Ohio State and Troy Smith's success....they will be eating sour grapes when he wins the heisman and we go back to Tempe.

Brady Quinn is not on the same level as Troy....everything he does gets blown up because he goes to ND....

Everyone sems to forget Troy and Brady went head to head at the Fiesta last year....and the result was a BLOWOUT!

The result wasnt a blow out as was shown in other threads. Down 7 with under 5 minutes left in a game isnt a blow out in the real world. Plus, it wasnt Brady vs Troy it was ND vs OSU and OSU was the better team. That isnt Quinns fault so it's a dumb point to try to make.

It'd be like me arguing Quinn played better against PSU and MSU then Troy did so Brady is better.

DonShula84 said:
The result wasnt a blow out as was shown in other threads. Down 7 with under 5 minutes left in a game isnt a blow out in the real world. Plus, it wasnt Brady vs Troy it was ND vs OSU and OSU was the better team. That isnt Quinns fault so it's a dumb point to try to make.

It'd be like me arguing Quinn played better against PSU and MSU then Troy did so Brady is better.

But Troy is playing a better football.

Brady has had a fine college career...he's just not gonna win the Heisman..even IF Smith screws up..Id look elsewhere ecspecially since Notre Dame is gonna lose 2 more games anyway.

DBoston80 said:
How do you figure?? I havent heard anyoe call him the greatest QB in college football history?? And there is no arguement he is the best QB in college football this year....so how is he overrated by Buckeye fans??

Because many seem to think that just because he is doing so well with the buckeyes, that he deserves to be taken in the 1st round of the draft, and I've seen a lot of people even say he should be the 1st QB taken.

Frisches13283 said:
Because many seem to think that just because he is doing so well with the buckeyes, that he deserves to be taken in the 1st round of the draft, and I've seen a lot of people even say he should be the 1st QB taken.

If you can find one post where I said he is even a first rounder....Ill kiss your...........um wife....Troy Smith is the best QB in College football but that doesnt by any means mean he is the most NFL ready Qb.

DBoston80 said:
If you can find one post where I said he is even a first rounder....Ill kiss your...........um wife....Troy Smith is the best QB in College football but that doesnt by any means mean he is the most NFL ready Qb.

I know, I didn't say you. You asked why we thought he was overrated by buckeyes fans. I said I had seen many people on here saying he should be a 1st round pick simply because of his numbers. I never once said YOU posted such a thing.

Also, I don't think Smith is the best QB in college, he just happens to be QB for the #1 ranked team in the country. Brohm and Quinn both are better QBs I think. Put either one of them in Troy's position and I would bet they would be putting up better numbers than Troy.

DBoston80 said:
Quinn has always been a litle overatted...he gets pumped up to be better than he really is just because he goes to the darling that is Notre Dame...like today that last play to big Jeff....he's wide open and its the run after the catch that allows the score...dont get me wrong Brady can make some good throws but he's not the 2nd coming that people want to think he is.
...you mean kinda like the darling that is Ohio State?:lol:

Bumpus said:
...you mean kinda like the darling that is Ohio State?:lol:

yea For every Buckeye backer..there are 10 haters...if you dont think ND is a media darling you havent been paying attention to College football for a long time.

UF Fin Kat said:
typical buckeyes fan to get bent out of shape over that post though. :D

..right as opposed to the rational Florida fans......:lol: C'mon man

DBoston80 said:
yea For every Buckeye backer..there are 10 haters...if you dont think ND is a media darling you havent been paying attention to College football for a long time.
and how many people are saying brady quinn (or any ND player) is overrated because they're "media darlings?" completely ignoring what they do no the field and just basing your opinion on going against the opposite of what ESPN says. lame.

DBoston80 said:

I admit I'm an OSU, but mainly because of thier fans. I'm an ND hater, in the sense that I just want to see them lose due to thier historical dominance(same way I feel about the yankes). I can freely admit though when they have good teams and great players. But for you to think that playing at OSU doesn't do the same for someone at a school like ND as far as media perception goes is foolish. I can name probably around 17 schools that garner more national attention than the other 112, making it easier for those players to be household names, even if players on those other 112 teams have similar stats.

Back
Top Bottom